aibu to hate this car booter more than anything at the moment!!

(45 Posts)
icannotdothis Sun 20-Oct-13 13:11:36

Got up at ungodly hour this morning to go car booting looking for bargain kids toys as we are skint as skint can be so doing our best for our 3 little ones!

found a very nice buzz light year women wanted a fiver but she had no change so i said please put the buzz in the car and i will nip to the food van to get some change

on returning she said the guy who had been stood next to me offered her £6 so she took it sad

aibu to still be gutted 4 hours later!!

to not drip feed our 3 year old is autistic and loves buzz in fact buzz is one of the few words he says there is no way i can afford £50 for a new shop bought buzz!!! So i now hate the car booty women!! This would have made is day!!!

BrianTheMole Sun 20-Oct-13 23:09:32

personally I think YANBU - a deal is a deal. She could have said to the bloke 'come back in half an hour and it's yours if OP hasn't turned up with'

Yes, I would have done this too.

TondelayoSchwarzkopf Sun 20-Oct-13 23:05:21

Ah, this is a nice thread.

personally I think YANBU - a deal is a deal. She could have said to the bloke 'come back in half an hour and it's yours if OP hasn't turned up with'

whatareyoueventalkingabout Sun 20-Oct-13 23:03:10

And also, how lovely are the people who are giving you buzzes! MN is really lovely sometimes isn't it

whatareyoueventalkingabout Sun 20-Oct-13 23:00:29

It depends on how long you were, how did the others person see it if she put it the car though? karma is good for things like this, hopefully she trod in a cow pat when she was packing up. YANBU.

blueemerald Sun 20-Oct-13 21:24:45

I found him! He is pretty dusty but the sound effects/laser still work; it's just his wings that are a little stuck. PM your address OP and I'll send him your way!

Sorry, I think yabu. I sell at events and the number of people who ask me to put things aside for them and never return is very high. At least 2 or 3 people per event. I will only do so now if given a non-refundable deposit. At a bootsale it was your risk,

But I am so thrilled to read all the generous offers on this thread. YOUr head must be spinning smile

NotMeNotYouNotAnyone Sun 20-Oct-13 18:09:11

She should've given you a bit longer after having said you could have it for £5! If you hadn't come back in half an hour then yes put buzz back on sale.

The man who outbid you is a dick, he could've said if she doesn't come back I 'll take it

I'm so glad you've got an assortment of buzz related offers from mn though, hope your DS has a fab Xmas with them!

icannotdothis Sun 20-Oct-13 17:55:41

Nennypops I shall be attending next week with my solicitor grin

icannotdothis Sun 20-Oct-13 17:53:17

MN is amazing smile I have had offers of buzz's from small to large and all the extras bits thank you all so much I am going to make him a big buzz package for Xmas smile

All buzz's welcome to our home

Un mumsnet kisses xxxxxx ( I don't care I'm crying here so stuff it smile )

theywillgrowup Sun 20-Oct-13 17:48:18

her i meant

theywillgrowup Sun 20-Oct-13 17:47:06

the seller was out of order
you had both agreed a price and she excepted you would be back
it was NOT an auction

hope it happens to here ,and the £1 was worth it to her

Bettercallsaul1 Sun 20-Oct-13 17:27:11

I love threads like this - they bring out the best in everyone! I hope all these lovely offers are helping to restore your faith in humanity, OP!

blibblibs Sun 20-Oct-13 16:40:35

I have a Buzz quilt cover & pillow case. It was on the bed once and DS decided he didn't like it! PM me if you want it, I'd be happy to send it on.

lisad123everybodydancenow Sun 20-Oct-13 16:39:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

colleysmill Sun 20-Oct-13 16:39:03

Last time I went car booting (selling) I took my mate who was heavily pregnant and my campervan so we had somewhere to sit and make a cuppa. A chap was most insistent at wanting to buy the van and as I'd bought it along it was for sale too. How he thought we'd get home I have no idea!

lisad123everybodydancenow Sun 20-Oct-13 16:38:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pastelmacaroons Sun 20-Oct-13 16:34:51

NENNY thats hillarious!

Imagine if op did take it further what a shock that would be. On the other hand it make people act fairer in all sorts of situations.

pastelmacaroons Sun 20-Oct-13 16:33:15

Yes its very very unfair.

The least she could have done was waited till you came back and said this man has offered 6.

I car boot a fair bit and would not do this to someone.

If of course that person dissapeared for half an hour, yes I probably would re sell but it sounds like op was gone for a short time.

BloodiedGhouloshes Sun 20-Oct-13 16:26:16

Oh! I also have a 'Read Along' Toy Story 2 Buzz Lightyear cassette tape and book- you can have that too if you like!

(Huzzah! All this was going to the charity shop. Would be happy to know it has a good home!)

nennypops Sun 20-Oct-13 16:25:30

For what it's worth, technically she was in breach of contract. She had offered to sell it for £5, you accepted the offer, contract concluded. You could sue for the difference between what it costs you to get a replacement Buzz in comparable condition and the £5. But it wouldn't really be worth the hassle, unfortunately.

BloodiedGhouloshes Sun 20-Oct-13 16:20:11

Would be happy to get rid of the giant one who no longer has his head too. But my DH who is very handy has already tried and failed to reattach it. You can have both.

ChippingInNeedsSleepAndCoffee Sun 20-Oct-13 16:19:54

I would have been cross with the man - more than the woman tbh. Though I think both of them acted shoddily.

I hope you get a MNer Buzz and he has a happy new life at your house!

BloodiedGhouloshes Sun 20-Oct-13 16:18:00

I have a Buzz too. Just a little one that fits into the plan of a hand. The big one's head fell off. PM me if you like, will be happy to get rid of the one who still has his head.

JimmyCorkhill Sun 20-Oct-13 16:15:36

Buzz is only £25 from the Disney Store if that helps.

kali110 Sun 20-Oct-13 16:13:08

But hope you do get one through this thread

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now