aibu to hate this car booter more than anything at the moment!!

(45 Posts)
icannotdothis Sun 20-Oct-13 13:11:36

Got up at ungodly hour this morning to go car booting looking for bargain kids toys as we are skint as skint can be so doing our best for our 3 little ones!

found a very nice buzz light year women wanted a fiver but she had no change so i said please put the buzz in the car and i will nip to the food van to get some change

on returning she said the guy who had been stood next to me offered her £6 so she took it sad

aibu to still be gutted 4 hours later!!

to not drip feed our 3 year old is autistic and loves buzz in fact buzz is one of the few words he says there is no way i can afford £50 for a new shop bought buzz!!! So i now hate the car booty women!! This would have made is day!!!

SoupDragon Sun 20-Oct-13 13:14:42

YABU, but understandably.

She was there to make money, unfortunately someone offered her more.

DeepPurple Sun 20-Oct-13 13:20:17

There are quite a few on ebay. May be get one from there?

DoJo Sun 20-Oct-13 13:21:24

YANBU to be annoyed, but she was not being unreasonable to sell it to a higher bidder. She's just there to offload her stuff for as much money as possible, and you could have just never come back (this happens a lot) and then she would have lost out all round.

usualsuspect Sun 20-Oct-13 13:23:07

It is difficult because often people don't come back.

harticus Sun 20-Oct-13 13:27:00

YABabitU - she was probably there to make a few quid to pay for her own kids' xmas presents.

pianodoodle Sun 20-Oct-13 13:28:21

YANBU to be pissed off that's so annoying!

But yes in fairness she didn't do anything wrong.

Pity I wasn't running the stall. I'd have been too meek and mild to sell it for a pound more then have to tell you it was gone when you came back.

I'm not a very good businessperson though!

hermioneweasley Sun 20-Oct-13 13:30:13

A fiver for something at a car boot?! You must have posher car boot sales than us!

blueemerald Sun 20-Oct-13 13:31:34

I understand her position but how frustrating for you!
I'm sure we've got an old Buzz toy at home somewhere. If I can find it (I'm out atm) I would love to send you. I'm not sure the wings extend anymore unless you pull them (he is about 17 years old! Man, I feel old now!) My brother is autistic so I know how it feels to take on their obsessions as your own- luckily buzz isn't one of his!

SpockSmashesScissors Sun 20-Oct-13 13:32:35

It would have cost her a pound to sell it to you and you might not have come back anyway.

Next time make sure you have change ready for car booting.

tiggerpigger Sun 20-Oct-13 13:45:53

I disagree with the other replies. I think she should have stuck to your deal and at least given you a chance to come back with the money.

I am quite a principalled person though...

I'd be pissed off too I reckon.

comewinewithmoi Sun 20-Oct-13 13:47:48

She's a moo

Iamsparklyknickers Sun 20-Oct-13 13:57:21

YABU

All bets are off in the car boot field I'm afraid. It would have been nice of her to keep it back, but that niceness could have cost her a sale if you hadn't come back and then no one else had bought it. She's not there out of the goodness of her heart and would have got up just as early as you and put the effort in to have a pitch ready etc.

Understandably you're disappointed, but it's one of those things to be written off and crack on with sourcing the pressies.

HopeS01 Sun 20-Oct-13 13:59:47

I'm with Tigger, she should have waited!

chocolatespiders Sun 20-Oct-13 14:04:06

Think she should have given you a chance to come back for it after agreeing the sale with you. Hope you find one.

fluffyraggies Sun 20-Oct-13 14:10:08

Moral of the story is - take loads of pound coins to a boot sale not just tenners.

sad

Bettercallsaul1 Sun 20-Oct-13 14:13:48

Ditto Trigger and Hope - It sounds as though she had accepted your offer of £5.00 and should have waited a few minutes for you to return. It doesn't sound as if the food van was far away so it was reasonable to expect her to wait. Obviously an extra pound influenced her but this was a simple sales situation, not an auction! Very disappointing for your son and I don't blame you at all for feeling let down and annoyed.

DaleyBump Sun 20-Oct-13 14:17:03

I think I have a buzz toy somewhere that I LOVED as a child, if I can find it you're welcome to it. I don't think the wings extend and I think the helmet is missing but if you would still like it the offer is there.

icannotdothis Sun 20-Oct-13 16:04:57

The car boot was in dewsbury!! It can be expensive!!

she had it marked as a fiver! We took £11 with us smile

i wish she would have waited i would have paid the extra quid!

thank you to those who have offered buzz!! We would love to give a buzz a home if you find them

kali110 Sun 20-Oct-13 16:12:39

Unfortunately some people dont come back

kali110 Sun 20-Oct-13 16:13:08

But hope you do get one through this thread

JimmyCorkhill Sun 20-Oct-13 16:15:36

Buzz is only £25 from the Disney Store if that helps.

BloodiedGhouloshes Sun 20-Oct-13 16:18:00

I have a Buzz too. Just a little one that fits into the plan of a hand. The big one's head fell off. PM me if you like, will be happy to get rid of the one who still has his head.

ChippingInNeedsSleepAndCoffee Sun 20-Oct-13 16:19:54

I would have been cross with the man - more than the woman tbh. Though I think both of them acted shoddily.

I hope you get a MNer Buzz and he has a happy new life at your house!

BloodiedGhouloshes Sun 20-Oct-13 16:20:11

Would be happy to get rid of the giant one who no longer has his head too. But my DH who is very handy has already tried and failed to reattach it. You can have both.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now