To think just because you turn something orange doesn't mean it's Halloweeny.

(67 Posts)

Mr Kipling 'Fiendish Fancies' being today's example. hmm

None of this is as bad as all the bloody Jubilee shite they brought out though, all sorts of bizarre stuff having union jacks plastered all over it just because ... ! Everything from toothpaste to lip balm to 'Ma'Mite' (quite liked that one grin) to Tabasco sauce iirc

[de-rails thread and runs off]

Heartbrokenmum73 Sun 20-Oct-13 14:01:35

Agent, oh I've thought about it, believe me.

But then, I fear, my head would explode.

And I'd be told that AIBU.

loveandsmiles Sun 20-Oct-13 14:07:12

DD wanted Kellogs Malloween Crispy Scares today in supermarket as opposed to the usual Rice Crispy Squares?!? thlgrin

'Malloween'? grin

FeckOffCupofBatBlood Sun 20-Oct-13 15:49:50

My local soft play place has been festooned with fake cobwebs, spiders etc since the middle of september so about 6 weeks before halloween itself, it does seem to be getting more hyped up every year.

Spiders ARE animals. Do you think they are vegetables?

Spooky Soft Play. grin

SPsTombRaidingWithCliff Sun 20-Oct-13 15:52:24

You think that's bad, have you seen wotsits?!

Calling their flaming hot version 'zombie fingers' when they are just wotsits! No change at all

cupcakeicing Sun 20-Oct-13 15:56:36

We have some apple and draccurrant fruit shoots.

I always wanted a zombie themed wedding...where instead of "kissing the bride" he turns and bites me...then I turn into a zombie, loads of blood etc, and start chasing all the guests....big zombie reception with make-up artists doing make-up for willing guests

GhouldenGreen Sun 20-Oct-13 16:01:46

The Lemon and Slime Halloween Jaffa cakes are absolutely vile. It has put me off buying any more Halloween themed food. Shuddering just thinking about them.

mrsjay Sun 20-Oct-13 16:05:35

wotsits have halloweeny bags out wotsits are orange all year round hmm

'Draccurrant' is stretching the theme cupcake. confused

MsWilliamTheBloody Sun 20-Oct-13 16:29:25

What about 'Scream Eggs'?

I've not had one yet.

Are they green in the middle or something??

Or just poisoned?

thlconfused

mrsjay Sun 20-Oct-13 16:31:55

You think that's bad, have you seen wotsits?

sorry xpost but eh what is that about hmm

SheldonsMeeMaw Sun 20-Oct-13 16:39:04

Greggs have just stuck some halloweeny words in front of their stuff. <lazy feckers!>

'Fiery' Mexican bandit my arse! Same Mexican bandit they were flogging last week. [hgrin]

K8Middleton Sun 20-Oct-13 16:39:11

I love seasonal food. Come 1st November, 27th December, Easter Monday all the delicious indulgent stuff that is not very healthy is half price.

The perfect excuse to buy a few pointless snacks. Even if they're orange grin

SheldonsMeeMaw Sun 20-Oct-13 16:47:01

Good point K8! <cheers up>

fuzzpig Sun 20-Oct-13 16:59:34

I've found some really cool Halloween themed cakes/biscuits that just involve icing/assembling normal fairy cakes etc. Quite excited.

I'll steer clear of the 'scream eggs' etc though, thanks!

<snort> at the scary towies

On 1st November, they'll be picking the spiders/bats/cobwebs off the cakes and sticking holly/xmas trees/stockings on thlgrin

spanky2 Sun 20-Oct-13 17:53:59

It is true. I got jaundice on Friday and my wee turned dark orange. Not halloweeny at all! Waiting for test results.

YY Knees and adding toffee/treacle to everything and saying it's Bonfire themed.

Our local pool is having a Halloween party and they are dying the water flourescent green! Hope it washes off grin I love creme eggs, not seen a scream egg tho sad

That sounds brilliant and awful all at the same time honey. grin

Financeprincess Sun 20-Oct-13 23:26:01

One of my friends works for a major confectionery manufacturer and she says that Halloween is the third biggest sweet-flogging occasion, not far behind Christmas and Easter. It's growing massively. She hates it as much as I do...what was wrong with apple bobbing, and why does everything have to be Americanised for profit? (Halloween, school 'prom' instead of end of term disco etc etc).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now