Joint webchat with Conservative and Labour housing minister and shadow housing minister, MONDAY 2 MARCH 1pm x

To ask what you think your MN name says about you?

(323 Posts)
ArgyMargy Sun 20-Oct-13 12:24:03

I recently got told on a thread that my nickname suggests I wouldn't offer sympathy to fellow MNers. How do you think people perceive your name as reflecting your posting style, and do you think I should change mine?

aderynlas Sun 20-Oct-13 12:36:26

That I am a Bluebird.

FortyDoorsToNowhere Sun 20-Oct-13 12:36:32

Not even sure what others think mine mean.

wherearemysocka Sun 20-Oct-13 12:37:04

That I can't usually find any socks. Or type.

Writerwannabe83 Sun 20-Oct-13 12:38:04

That I want to be a writer smile

ivykaty44 Sun 20-Oct-13 12:39:39

that I am 44 and my name is Ivy

But I am not 44 and my name isn't Ivy - it isn't katy either

AngelsLieToKeepControl Sun 20-Oct-13 12:40:09

That I am a massive Slipknot fan, although you probably wouldn't know that unless you were a Slipknot fan. I don't know how others perceive my name tbh.

ivykaty44 Sun 20-Oct-13 12:40:23

wherearemysocka

I thought you liked watching soccer

KittensoftPuppydog Sun 20-Oct-13 12:42:52

That I am a very soft puppy. Who can type.

WyrdSista Sun 20-Oct-13 12:43:20

That I am female.

Dawndonnaagain Sun 20-Oct-13 12:43:29

'Tis Edward Lear, Pobble.

YoureAllABunchOfBastards Sun 20-Oct-13 12:44:22

pobble yours is Edward Lear - Owl and PUssycat or Quangle Wangle's hat?

Mine says quite succinctly what I think of you all. Well, actually, it was a NC after a discussion on here in which I said if I wanted to call people a bunch of bastards I wouldn't hide behind a new name to do it. I don't really think you are bastards. Honest.

pianodoodle Sun 20-Oct-13 12:44:34

Wow! A thread started off the back of one my comments that's a first.

You do know I was only taking the piss a bit don't you?

Honestly though- I don't like the thought that anyone would actually take that as a serious criticism and dwell on it I don't post maliciously!

Mine is a mixture of my job and my dog - not very inventive smile

minipie Sun 20-Oct-13 12:45:19

Mine probably gives a cutesy slightly nethuns impression. I like to lull people into a false sense of security [evil grin]

MurderOfBanshees Sun 20-Oct-13 12:45:32

My non-Hallowe'en one apparently makes people think I am violent and a goth hater hmm Because some people are thick

FreakinRexManningDay Sun 20-Oct-13 12:50:54

That I'm awesome and have excellent taste in films.

mignonnette Sun 20-Oct-13 12:52:48

Murder

I am absolutely disgusted that your username appears to advocate violence against defenceless banshees. Why can't you come up with something fluffy? grin

GoofyIsACow Sun 20-Oct-13 12:53:28

That I am always right... wink grin

FreakinRexManningDay Sun 20-Oct-13 12:53:49

Yes like DabbingTheTearsOfMisunderstoodWailingWomen

MurderOfBanshees Sun 20-Oct-13 12:54:03

mig grin

SPsTombRaidingWithCliff Sun 20-Oct-13 12:54:06

Murder But that's exactly what you are. You kill goths, dont be ashamed. Embrace it

Mine probably suggests that I don't have much of a life beyond my child and entertaining his whims which is only partially true.

lifehasafunnywayofhelpinguout Sun 20-Oct-13 12:55:36

Long story. I used to be international love after the song.
I changed my name a few weeks ago because something happened which was very devestating for me but it also helped to sort out something else in my life. Oh I might as well not be vague and come straight out with it. I had been ttc without telling my partner I did finally get my B.F.P on 28th Sept. I told D.P I had to you can't hide something like that and he was delighted. I didn't tell him I'd planned it. I just made out it was a very happy accident. He told me he didn't think he could have children as he and his ex wife had tried for years and she now has a son to someone else but started to bleed again on 29th it was chemical pregnancy. In a way I wish I had not known I was pregnant because what I didn't know couldn't have hurt me but something told me to test and it gave me the the opportunity to find out how he feels about children and I probably would have still be hiding the fact that I was ttc so on that basis I thought of the song Isn't it Ironic because in my case life certainly did have a funny way of helping me out. We are now both ttc again and it does feel like a weight has been lifted. xx

That I am a long, furry, skinny mammal that has hyperactive tendencies but is pretty damn awesome.

ilovevenice Sun 20-Oct-13 12:55:54

... and I do. Haven't been there since the DCs arrived though. thlangry

Possibly that I like scifi
Or that I'm called Jayne
(I'm not)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now