to think that not that many mothers have time to 30-60 minute workouts every morning?

(209 Posts)
showtunesgirl Fri 18-Oct-13 15:47:01

Apparently that's what Maria Kang does.

Now I only have one almost two year old and just can't figure out how you would fit that in with even with one child let alone the three that Maria Kang has.

If anyone out there also does this, can you please let me know your secret?

FloozeyLoozey Sun 20-Oct-13 13:55:27

I do have the time technically but I don't have the mental capacity. I'm a single parent who works over 40 hours a week in a stressful responsible job. It takes all my coping resources just to parent ds and have a clean house. I can't actually cope with any more! Ds' s dad has no involvement.

Darkesteyes Sun 20-Oct-13 17:22:13

Thanks Lavendar thanks Ive just come back from my power walk....soaking wet through Had a bit of extra weight to carry You wouldnt believe how much water weighs on trackie bottoms Torrential rain here today Absolutely sopping wet through.
So Maria Kang if i was slacking i would have used todays weather as an excuse wouldnt i! Id never heard of Maria Kang before i saw this thread. Pity i dont know her personally because if i catch a cold after today i could make sure i sneezed in her vicinity or gave her a hug for being so "inspirational" She might catch my cold but hey... she wouldnt be able to accuse me of slacking.
She sounds like a bit of a mysogynist to me. Agree with the poster who said its a shame she has to attack women to get her point across Wonder if her BFF is Louise Mensch I reckon theyd get on well.

SprinkleLiberally Sun 20-Oct-13 19:07:35

I'll be honest. If you don't work its a whole different ball game. And just not the same. Likewise if your children are old enough to be left alone. If you work and have a partner who works, and young children it is horrendously hard.

Mintyy Sun 20-Oct-13 19:12:56

When she says "what is your excuse" my answer is "I just don't want it that much".

theoriginalandbestrookie Sun 20-Oct-13 19:30:10

I exercise 3-4 times a week. It's important for me to feel well and exercise gives me energy and stops me from getting bigger.

However I do not and will not, no matter what I ever do, look as good as Maria Kang. Something to do with genetics, big hips and enjoying my food.

The advert makes me want to give up actually. What's the point - I don't look as if I exercise, I'm not thin, I don't have white shiny teeth, I didn't even manage to have three kids.

Surely a more inspiring message would be to show normal sized females who feel better from exercising.

Lazysuzanne Sun 20-Oct-13 19:36:58

there is a point, theoriginal, exercise has many health benefits but I dont believe you need to exercise to any kind of extreme extent to get the benefits.

Nothing wrong with being a fitness fanatic if thats your thing but I dont think it is necessary for health reasons.

comewinewithmoi Sun 20-Oct-13 19:43:48

I wondered that too op. hmm in regards to running with baby monitor. Big no.

what my excuse?

When I get a spare hour (?) I prefer to lie on the couch eating cake. It's not an excuse it's a preference.

Although, I have done the shred twice this year, and will be doing in again. I am in no way interested in having a six pack, but I would like to feel slightly better about my wobbly stomach. But also, like a PP, I just don't want it that much.

Darkesteyes Sun 20-Oct-13 21:31:24

Sprinkle i dont work currently I am a full time carer for my DH I dont have DC.

A lot of working mums have stressful jobs with a lot of responsibility

Lazy hits nail on head I definately feel the benefits of excersising just from an hours power walk every day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now