to think that not that many mothers have time to 30-60 minute workouts every morning?

(209 Posts)
showtunesgirl Fri 18-Oct-13 15:47:01

Apparently that's what Maria Kang does.

Now I only have one almost two year old and just can't figure out how you would fit that in with even with one child let alone the three that Maria Kang has.

If anyone out there also does this, can you please let me know your secret?

Pagwatch Fri 18-Oct-13 15:48:24

Well my gym has a crèche ..

She has a SAHP who supports her in this. That's how.

UsedToBeNDP Fri 18-Oct-13 15:49:00

Nursery
Nanny
Nap time
School age children
Getting up earlier than they do
Doing it once they're in bed
Handing them over to DP/H
Gym crèche

Dumpylump Fri 18-Oct-13 15:49:03

Does she also have, y'know, staff ?

tripecity Fri 18-Oct-13 15:50:08

i did jillian michaels shred dvd every morning at 6.30am and lost loads of weight and i have 3 small kids. If you really are sick of being unfit or overweight or both you set your alarm and just get it done before everyone gets up

Sirzy Fri 18-Oct-13 15:50:42

I get up half an hour early each morning in order to be able to do some exercise. I figured it was the only way i was ever going to change my weight.

(and before people get defensive I in no way expect everyone would be able to/want to do that its just what works for me!)

UsedToBeNDP Fri 18-Oct-13 15:50:56

You may find it difficult or prioritise other things, but it isn't impossible

(My posts aren't meant to be patronising, I'm just suggesting that there are ways to do it)

showtunesgirl Fri 18-Oct-13 15:51:28

Ah that I didn't know MrsTerryPratchett.

I did read the bit about how she didn't have two nannies but I guess she neglected to mention that she did have a SAHP!

juneau Fri 18-Oct-13 15:52:22

I could, if I spent DS2's nap working out. In fact, I really SHOULD, as I'm horribly unfit at the moment and I would dearly love to look like Maria Kang. Maybe after half-term ...

showtunesgirl Fri 18-Oct-13 15:52:23

tripecity I used to do Shred before I was pregnant but it is absolutely the worst thing to do if you have diastasis recti which I do unfortunately have.

GaryBuseysTeeth Fri 18-Oct-13 15:53:05

I do it when they're asleep, napping during the day or when Dh is here to parent.

Most gyms around here have a creche.

PTFO Fri 18-Oct-13 15:53:17

My gym also had a crèche and I would go three/four times a week inc swimming when dh was home in the evening/w/ends. It was a lifeline to me though. I also did dvd's when ds was asleep. I also have a crosstrainer. weights etc at home so fitted bits in here and there However I didn't work. I also had family support.

oh and PND!!

PlatinumStart Fri 18-Oct-13 15:54:21

Yep half an hour earlier here - and a nanny who will step in if DC4 wakes up. I'm so bloody tired. Hopefully soon I'll be thin and tired grin

TooTabooToBOOOOO Fri 18-Oct-13 15:55:49

YANBU. Plus, where does she get her energy from.?

My exercise is pram based, I go for long walks to the shop/town or my parent's and that's exhausting on top of everything else. DS is 7mo, DD is 9yo and I'm a single parent.

Sometimes I find it hard to get the energy to wash the dishes, let alone do a workout.

Redbug Fri 18-Oct-13 15:56:03

I used to get up at 5:30am and do it before everyone was up and DH left for work. It's possible for many (not all) people to fit in exercise if they want to badly enough.

Pagwatch Fri 18-Oct-13 15:56:28

Plus, it seems to be her job.
I have no clue who she is but if she is selling her image then being fit is her job.

Anomaly Fri 18-Oct-13 15:57:11

I have no idea who she is. But I'd hazard a guess that looking good is her job. If I got paid to work out then I would no doubt would.

tripecity Fri 18-Oct-13 15:57:16

fair call, but there are tons of other 25min workouts on youtube, I'm sure you could find a suitable one and do it before the house stirs

I too had to stop for health reasons and was gutted (nothing at all to do with exercise, its degenerative and serious)

TooTabooToBOOOOO Fri 18-Oct-13 15:58:58

Just realised it's you Showy! <waves>

Gyms involve having money
I currently do the shred holding my breast when I'm doing star jumps etc as I'm having to wait before I can afford to buy a sports bra.

There are so many reasons though why people can't exercise easily and I find her comments unfair. Just thinking of my friends off the top of my head I have friends with fibro, arthritis and ehlers- danlos. I have friends who are skint and get next to no time to themselves without children , when they do they may use it to have dental treatment or try and actually have a social life.

Her view is so simplistic and I would have thought that after what happened to her husband she would understand that life is never that black and white.

TooTabooToBOOOOO Fri 18-Oct-13 16:01:05

I'd rather have more sleep than get up and exercise, nothing short of an earthquake would get me up earlier than necessary grin

*s- I have two grin

Heartbrokenmum73 Fri 18-Oct-13 16:04:01

Hard to tell anything from the link as it's just a picture and I really cba to look the woman up, but maybe she's also one of those lucky women who has a great metabolism and bounces back after pregnancy.

I know someone who's had three kids (the youngest two pretty close together) and she was back in her size 10 jeans within two weeks of giving birth each time.

Some people could exercise just like Maria Kang and not achieve the same results. I doubt that I would!

I would be covered in stretch marks for starters heartsgrin

That's not to say I don't think she's impressive, I do. I admire anyone who wants to do something good and puts the effort in whatever that is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now