To think the Amazon delivery driver might have made the fucking effort?

(37 Posts)
SidandAndyssextoy Thu 17-Oct-13 14:54:09

Am at home today. I was sitting two feet from the front door (separated by the hall wall but with the door open) and saw a bloke come up our front path and post something through the door. Some time later, I go into the hall to find it's a 'We missed you' card from Amazon. The man wasn't carrying a parcel when he approached the house, he didn't ring the bell or knock on the door. So fleeting was his presence that I assumed it was a takeaway leaflet.

I am in today. I am not tomorrow, or the day after, or the Monday after etc. I had been meaning to knock Amazon on the head but kept forgetting, but after this, they're history. Two other delivery people from two different delivery places managed to deliver today, but then they actually tried. I called the number on the card and they denied that any delivery driver would do that. Pah.

WalkingBlind Mon 19-Sep-16 09:46:41

If you don't have time for a toilet break not handing over the parcel won't get you some... I'd rather you turned up 20mins late saying "sorry they don't give us breaks" than buggar off with a parcel I might need that day hmm

WeirdAndPissedOff Mon 19-Sep-16 08:21:55

snickers MissMargie - perhaps a "rabbit" hutch might have been the best place for such a toy.
We recently missed a parcel from Amazon at work. We open officially 8.30 am - 5pm, however there is someone at reception 24/7. At any time of day you can drive right up to reception and go through the door. We received an e-mail at 8.40 am to say that the driver had attempted delivery but couldn't deliver as he needed the code for our warehouse gate. We don't have a warehouse, a gate or anywhere to put in an access code. confused

To the poster who revived the thread - I can well believe that the drivers are overworked to the point of exhaustion, and have immense sympathy. However, surely not delivering the items properly just makes more work?

MissMargie Mon 19-Sep-16 07:15:22

A parcel hadn't arrived (Royal Mail) so I phoned and they had left it in the rabbit hutch confused blush
We have no rabbit hutch

It was for 'intimate' use so I had visions of the neighbours kids finding a new toy!!!

Thankfully neighbour retrieved it unopened.

Felyne Mon 19-Sep-16 07:12:15

Amazon have 'delivered to resident' before when actually they lobbed it in my NEIGHBOUR'S recycling bin. He only noticed because he was wondering why someone put a box in there without first folding it down.
So glad it wasn't bin day!

TheLastHeatwave Mon 19-Sep-16 07:11:35

ZOMBIE THREAD

👻👺👹👻👹👺👻👹👺👻👹👺👻👹👺

Jinxxx Mon 19-Sep-16 07:01:42

I had an Amazon parcel (which would have fit through the letter box) left "in the garden" according to the card. I assumed the front garden, but had no luck finding it. I had to then search our large and messy back garden, and finally found it hidden in a bucket. I can only assume that brightened a dull day for the driver.

Rozdeek Mon 19-Sep-16 06:26:49

Zombie thread guys

cdtaylornats Mon 19-Sep-16 01:17:50

I often get Amazon delivering on a Sunday

mygorgeousmilo Mon 19-Sep-16 00:47:12

Amazon/yodel are dreadful! I remember once sitting in my living room watching tv, bay window facing out to front garden, and a package going SPLAT!! against the Window. Yodel van screeched away.... shock

BreconBeBuggered Sun 18-Sep-16 23:12:00

Cake grin

CakeByTheOcean Sun 18-Sep-16 23:06:32

Perhaps three years is the average delivery time...

GettingScaredNow Sun 18-Sep-16 23:04:15

Oh my gosh... Never checked the dates of posting.... What a numpty

GettingScaredNow Sun 18-Sep-16 23:03:04

Amazon delivered me a parcel 2 weeks ago.
It was 'handed to resident'
And 'signed for by Chris'

I was on holiday. No one lives here named Chris. None of my neighbours are called Chris either.
Complained. Got a new replacement next day!

Amazon have also left a parcel 'in the porch' before. I live in a block of flats. I don't have a porch. I do have a doormat. They put the parcel underneath the door mat. It was a 4 slice toaster and matching kettle. Box was bigger then the door mat..... hmm

PotOfYoghurt Sun 18-Sep-16 23:01:11

I'm sure the posters from three years ago will be glad to hear it.

Why the fuck would you even search for this?!

XAMCTBO Sun 18-Sep-16 22:52:29

Dear customers i work there in amazon when you have 150+ stops u just don't have a time even for toilet....

SidandAndyssextoy Thu 17-Oct-13 20:12:37

Any by Amazon's own company?

I never had any problems at all with Royal Mail, and when I missed them, our local collection office is close, and open sensible hours.

SueDoku Thu 17-Oct-13 20:00:57

Well, speak as you find, and in the last week I've ordered two largeish (size, not price) items from Amazon using the 3-5 day free delivery - both arrived two days later, delivered by two different companies - and three books that I ordered on Tuesday and that were delivered by the Royal Mail post woman today..... confused

SidandAndyssextoy Thu 17-Oct-13 18:55:23

I've already told Amazon and the operative just denied it would have happened. angry

I wasn't expecting a delivery. My husband has obviously been doing some shopping for my birthday so I've no idea what is expected, but two delivery drivers, a neighbour, a bloke from the carpet shop, and a friend all managed to successfully get me to the front door.

Flossiechops Thu 17-Oct-13 18:50:34

A parcel from Amazon was delivered to me yesterday. I was out at work all day and the delivery chap left it behind a plant pot by the front door. No card through the door and the box soaking the books inside ruined - what a shitty service. Not Yodel either.

GiveItYourBestShot Thu 17-Oct-13 18:50:16

Complain to amazon, they did it to me too. "Couldn't deliver your parcel" - to my work which has an open door and a receptionist! I don't think it was ever on the van that day. Get a refund on the delivery fee if nothing else!

AnnaBegins Thu 17-Oct-13 18:41:59

Our postman does this, DH tries to chase him when he sees him post the "you were out" card and run, but he's like lightning!

Coupon Thu 17-Oct-13 18:30:27

I've had this before. Some of the drivers are just too lazy to ring the bell, unfortunately angry Perhaps they just write a whole batch of "you were out" cards and then go round posting them all.

SpoonfulOfJam Thu 17-Oct-13 18:24:05

This happened to me with BT. I was waiting in for them to set up my phone and internet, last day of my holidays. Got a text saying the engineer couldn't access the property. I called up and it turned out the engineer had said he had called me and I had told him I couldn't make the appointment so to reschedule! He had totally made that up!
Because he had put it as a reschedule, the system wouldn't allow them to send anybody out the same day!
Had to ask my brother to come round my house for the next appointment as I was back at work.

FlapJackOLantern Thu 17-Oct-13 17:46:43

If I was waiting for a delivery I'd have been at the door before he'd even had CHANCE to put the note through ! Why didn't you go to the door straight away then chase him up the road???

Coupon Thu 17-Oct-13 17:32:29

Let Amazon know so that they'll be able to look into it and hopefully put the problem right in the future. They won't know unless customers tell them, and they'll be wanting to get customers their goods on time rather than get a reputation for things arriving late.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now