to think Norman Price is just awful

(30 Posts)
PumpUpMyVolume Wed 16-Oct-13 17:43:24

I know its just a tv programme (and am sure its been debated before smile ) but DS very into Fireman Sam so watched quite a lot - currently suffering through the one with the go-cart..

And i just want someone to.discipline bloody Norman.. he is totally wild, has the most annoying voice and drags all the other kids into trouble!

I suppose without him, they wouldn't be able to justify the helicopter/boat/various fire appliances for a small town!

Overthinking it - yes
AIBU - absolutely not!!

VerucaInTheNutRoom Wed 16-Oct-13 17:51:32

It is the voice. Like fingernails down a blackboard. Shudder.

jeanmiguelfangio Wed 16-Oct-13 18:20:53

YADNBU!! I hate Norman and his ridiculous accent and his mothers inability to discipline him! I can imagine the MN threads if he was real
That force would be voluntary if it wasn't for him!!

Sirzy Wed 16-Oct-13 18:22:09

it no suprise given how bad his mother is, that child has no boundaries!

Ponty Pandy wouldn't need a fire service if they'd just put Norman in care where he belongs

Salmotrutta Wed 16-Oct-13 18:23:54

Awww.

Poor Norman, I like him.

GeeTeeEff Wed 16-Oct-13 18:24:32

I call him ASBO kid. Thankfully mine dint watch it anymore but his mother needs to give him a swift boot up the arse.

mrspremise Wed 16-Oct-13 19:00:05

Please be assured that I have never met a Welsh child with that soul destroying accent...

DaddyPigsMistress Wed 16-Oct-13 19:13:57

I think someone should kill the fucker. He must cost us tax payers a fortune in emergency call outs

JakeBullet Wed 16-Oct-13 19:17:41

grin

YABU

My DS absolutely ADORED Norman Price. DH and I used to have bizarre convos about who Norman's father might be. Given the gullibility of Dilys Price we settled on a visiting salesman who gave her a winning pitch, had his wicked way and left her "tubbed up"(as my friend charmingly calls it) with Norman.

ElleBelly Wed 16-Oct-13 19:21:36

But she's always flirting with Trevor. I just want an episode to start with them sat up in bed having a fag together.
Norman is a little shit.

DaddyPigsMistress Wed 16-Oct-13 19:25:30

Fireman sam is normans dad. I thought everyone knew this? He is the only other ginger in the village and it explains why he gets away with all those fires.

Him and dilys has a dirty one night stand.

DaddyPigsMistress Wed 16-Oct-13 19:27:19

And how the fuck did elvis pass the fireman exams?

he is as thick as mince.

ElleBelly Wed 16-Oct-13 19:30:09

He is thick but if you had to out of all of them surely it'd be him?

DaddyPigsMistress Wed 16-Oct-13 19:32:51

Reckon station officer Steele would be properdirty in bed.

FeckOffCupofBatBlood Wed 16-Oct-13 20:17:53

He wasn't so bad in the older plasticine version rather than the new cgi one, I can tolerate the older episodes but the new ones are shite.

GeeTeeEff Wed 16-Oct-13 21:47:01

I'm sure Elvis is his dad. They need a slot on Jeremy Kyle, DNA test then off to boot camp for the wee fucker!

YANBU. He is a dick. I am a bit freaked out by Fireman Sam now as one morning during one of DD's particularly bad sleep phases I caught myself thinking Elvis was quite fit.

ElleBelly Wed 16-Oct-13 22:05:24

I do think Elvis is quite fit blush

Norman is such a bold brat as it is the only way he will get any attention from his father Fireman Sam. It's really a cry for help.

And Elvis is in no way, shape or form fit! shock You are all sick.
(But I would do the helicopter pilot grin)

ElleBelly Wed 16-Oct-13 22:15:29

His father is Trevor. For sure.There's all kinds of sexual tension between him and Dilys.

PumpUpMyVolume Wed 16-Oct-13 22:18:11

No to Elvis for me... I think either Station Officer Steele or Trevor for me.. older, bit of experience blush

I would say poor Dilys with being a single parent, she doesn't really get a break from the little shit but as he seems to run wild without anyone seeming to care, perhaps not... A bit of tough love is what he needs or at least consequences for his behaviour. Am amazed he has any friends tbh but its a small town i guess?

Sorry completely overinvested but DS has really got into 'Sham' recently

PelvicFloorClenchReminder Wed 16-Oct-13 22:24:26

Poor Norman. He was such a nice boy before the soul destroying CGIing process. This is an important issue, we should all be writing to our MPs before any more innocent children are CGIed sad

Isn't Dilys widowed? I'm sure Mr Price is dead.

mrsfrumble Wed 16-Oct-13 22:25:11

This thread is awesome. DS is currently obsessed with Fireman Sam, but I only let him watch the old episodes because I think the CGI ones are crap. I do admit to slightly fancying the original (1980s) version of Sam. That's so wrong, isn't it? blush It's the auburn quiff.

It's not Norman's fault he's like he is. Dilys is a textbook-case ambivalent mother, isn't she?

TheFabulousIdiot Wed 16-Oct-13 22:26:18

It's a very small town. In the great fire of pontypandy there are no other people apart from the main cast! It's weird, given that there are so many houses.

Why did they get rid of bella italia in the new series?

DS prefers old fireman Sam.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now