to want to buy baby trousers with sewn-in feet?

(62 Posts)
badguider Mon 14-Oct-13 19:37:29

Ds is still tiny but i'm thinking about getting him some clothes now that are not sleepsuits.
Went today to try to find some dungarees etc with feet sewn-in as can't be arsed with the faff of baby socks and was only able to find one outfit that fits the bill!

Am I the only person whose heart sinks at the thought of washing and pairing up baby socks? AIBU to want sewn-in feet in clothes for babies too small to be walking yet?

elliejjtiny Tue 15-Oct-13 09:55:03

mothercare do trousers with feet up to size 3-6 months. I got loads for DS4 in plain white and dyed them different colours. Mrsmook Next's baby range goes up to 12-18 months. I had the opposite problem with DS3, I wanted clothes in dark colours for my tiny but active baby to cover up stains from crawling in mud and weaning but everything in his size was white or baby blue.

UriGHOULer Tue 15-Oct-13 10:00:47

Umm...Run of stitches connecting trouser end to sock top? One needle, a piece of thread, 2 minutes. £0 cost. Stick it to the man!

Coupon Tue 15-Oct-13 10:03:16

Jojo Maman Bebe do them.

here and here

eBay could be worth a look too.

DeWe Tue 15-Oct-13 11:09:41

I used to put dungarees over the top of a sleepsuit for "smart" wear. Looked good and was more comfy for them.

mrspremise Tue 15-Oct-13 11:21:29

I used to put my boys in tights under trousers when they were babies, extra layer of warmth and no pulling them off/losing them all the time. smile

badguider Tue 15-Oct-13 11:22:08

vertbaudet have a sale on so ive ordered two pairs from there - thanks!

also the idea of wearing a sleepsuit under dungarees is v good as I don't like the idea of him having denim next to his skin.

Rhienne Wed 16-Oct-13 22:13:40

Some of my favourite outfits are jersey dungarees with feet from Polarn och Pyret. I have found 2 pairs in 3 years, both in the sales.

SaggyIsHavingAPinkKitten Thu 17-Oct-13 00:34:16

Get an obliging elderly relative to knit you some!

RawShark Thu 17-Oct-13 13:10:02

Of course YANBU. I found socks really good for temperature control though, my DS hated being too warm and in winter the shops were boiling when you came in from the cold! So I would take his socks off, and used a laundry bag to keep them together

PatoBanton Thu 17-Oct-13 13:28:47

just found this thread.

I have had the same issue for months. I ordered a couple of pairs from vertbaudet last week - the '2 in 1 harem pants' in 'camel' (what colour is a camel anyway) and the taupe footed trousers.

The camel ones didn't arrive - I got sent some other sort of footed leggings with a rabbit on, in the wrong size hmm so they went back - none the wiser as to what 2 in 1 means.

The taupe ones are almost useless, they are nice looking but there's no elastic in the waist so after being worn for about 5 minutes they just slide off.

Ridiculous.
The quality at VBD is appalling at times, some things like the bodysuits I got are superb but other stuff is just dreadful.

Oh and I ordered a bookcase too and that was shocking - the fittings didn't fit in the predrilled holes, they were rattling about and refused to tighten. Such a shame...I have had loads of that MDF printed stuff from them over the years and it was always great. Not any more.

LamaDrama Thu 17-Oct-13 21:25:05

Sainsburys still had footless snow suits in today

peppinagiro Thu 17-Oct-13 22:16:18

I found footless fleecey ones on lindex! Even better than a snowsuit as she lives in a sling and so bulky snowsuits are tricky. They also have loads of nice footless pyjamas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now