Gary Barlow

(99 Posts)
sonlypuppyfat Sun 13-Oct-13 12:56:33

I loath this man, hate his music his smug face why do people like him he is so fucking dull please enlighten me to his popularity

Me2Me2 Sun 13-Oct-13 17:57:13

valium GB got into TT because he's a good musician and can sing. Whereas jason and howard, I'm guessing, were in it more for looks and dancing.
From there the group was styled

I didn't love TT that much at the time (though we did watch their dance vid every lunch break at school...) but now when I look back on them and hear the songs I think they were totally brilliant.

needaholidaynow Sun 13-Oct-13 17:58:32

Gary Barlow is just beautiful. And doable.

thebody Sun 13-Oct-13 18:00:14

I think he seems a nice person.

valiumredhead Sun 13-Oct-13 18:01:47

They were totally brilliant me

UsedToBeNDP Sun 13-Oct-13 18:03:10

PMSL @ "and supported the Tories in the last election"

It's not illegal to vote Conservative, you know hmm

valiumredhead Sun 13-Oct-13 18:08:07

It bloody should be!

everlong Sun 13-Oct-13 18:11:04

I've just watched the closing song from the Olympics.

How anyone isn't touched by that after he just lost his daughter is beyond me.

SO brave.

And the boys looking at him sad

I like him.

Not a fan I'm afraid, he's in the same realm as Cliff and Macca for me.

Thants Sun 13-Oct-13 18:18:30

Everlong that made me sad for his wife hmm
I think tax dodging is morally repugnant. He is a multi million yet cares more about his own wealth than contributing to society. He doesn't do anything positive for culture or society so at least his wealth should be going into the nhs, police, benefits etc.

BasilBabyEater Sun 13-Oct-13 18:35:41

Yep, sorry, I think tax dodging is morally repugnant as well.

There is something so very tacky about obscenely rich people being too greedy and entitled to pay taxes. Horrible.

everlong Sun 13-Oct-13 18:41:29

Yep tax evasion is wrong obviously.

But I can feel something for him on the basis his daughter died.

BasilBabyEater Sun 13-Oct-13 18:55:46

I can only feel sympathy for him, as I would for anyone who suffered a personal tragedy like that. But sympathy isn't fandom and it doesn't change his status as a tax-dodger.

DumDum32 Sun 13-Oct-13 19:31:36

oh I didn't know about the daughter, that's made me feel sad for him/his wife sad

I didnt realise he was a tax avoiding Tory either angry

Hmmm but at least it does confirm that if u don't like Gary it's not that hard to avoid hearing/watching him!
Loathe is a strong emotion though for those of u who said that hmm

ThePuffyShirt Sun 13-Oct-13 19:34:08

He is so dull inoffensive I would struggle to either like or dislike him.

He is the definition of meh.

AnaisHellWitch Sun 13-Oct-13 19:44:12

I had forgotten about the raging Tory / tax dodging stuff and I think I remember some Jamie Oliver-esque comments about how anyone can pull themselves up by the bootstraps blah blah

As I posed about that performance earlier and I feel sorry for anyone who has lost a child. I even feel sorry for David Cameron in this respect but it doesn't stop me loathing his policies, some of which I do believe border on criminal to whoever said that voting conservative isn't a crime.

It's a "meh" from me as well, Gary, I'm afraid grin

AnaisHellWitch Sun 13-Oct-13 19:44:41

posted <sigh>

everlong Sun 13-Oct-13 19:57:59

I wouldn't wish a child's death on my worst enemy.

Of course people should show him empathy.

everlong Sun 13-Oct-13 19:58:39

That goes for DC too.

AnaisHellWitch Sun 13-Oct-13 20:00:23

everlong flowers Same here.

nextyearitsbigschool Sun 13-Oct-13 20:49:25

I love him, he's talented,gorgeous, makes good use of his fame by getting involved with charity work quietly and without fanfare. He's also private and I love how his wife and children are never photographed and paraded infront of the media, allowing them a normal childhood unlike many other celebs. I remember an interview which I think was with Jonathan Ross who was interviewing him and Will Smith. He asked Will Smith what his children are doing now and Will launched into a full description of his childrens show is credentials. He asked GB and he said "going to school, she has exams soon".

CloverkissSparklecheeks Sun 13-Oct-13 20:50:45

I love him - I am 34, I also adore Take That! I also like 'proper' music but for some reason I cannot forget my teenage crush of the whole of Take That.

CloverkissSparklecheeks Sun 13-Oct-13 20:52:11

I also think he is more gorgeous now that he was in Take That years ago!

CloverkissSparklecheeks Sun 13-Oct-13 20:53:30

The song he sang at the Olympics closing ceremony was heart breaking. I sobbed all the way through it as my SIL was due the same day as his wife was and I was terrified about the whole thing.

AnaisHellWitch Sun 13-Oct-13 20:55:24

I was quite surprised when he first appeared on X-Factor by how stern he was. It was a little bit sexy, I have to say. I'd always thought of him as the geeky but clever one who can't dance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now