Gary Barlow

(99 Posts)
sonlypuppyfat Sun 13-Oct-13 12:56:33

I loath this man, hate his music his smug face why do people like him he is so fucking dull please enlighten me to his popularity

BeckAndCall Sun 13-Oct-13 13:58:33

Just as a matter of interest, why start a thread to say how much you hate someone you've never actually met, who you can avoid and not even think about on a daily basis if you just try?

It would be wholly different if you were criticising his work or something he's said in public or his political opinions or something, but no, it's just him for being him.

It smacks of playground bullying the way everyone is happy to just pile in and say they hate him too. Stop it! It's rude, it'd uncalled for and its a pointless way to spend your time. Do something meaningful instead.

catsrus Sun 13-Oct-13 14:05:15

friends of mine told me about this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-23891954

seems like a nice thing to do - he seems like a decent person to me - so yes I think YABU, and nasty.

sonlypuppyfat Sun 13-Oct-13 14:05:31

I'm sure he's got broad enough shoulders to take me being nasty to him.

catsrus Sun 13-Oct-13 14:05:44
maras2 Sun 13-Oct-13 14:08:29

Don't know what that link was Catsrus,but he did a flying visit to a children's hospice near me a couple of days ago.

maras2 Sun 13-Oct-13 14:09:23

Sorry, x post.He's a busy boy isn't he?

Jelly15 Sun 13-Oct-13 14:13:04

YABU!

I love Gary. He is talented, sexy and rich - everything I love in a man. He may be a little self satisfied but so would I be in his shoes.

Shakey1500 Sun 13-Oct-13 14:13:14

I've always liked him, comes across as a decent, family orientated bloke. Nary a whiff of scandal about him and how refreshing these days.

Also, my parents took DS to Blackpool to see the lights being turned on his year. According to them the celeb originally booked to turn them on let them down at the nth hour. Gary Barlow agreed to do it at short notice free of charge, just asked for a donation to Children in Need.

UriGHOULer Sun 13-Oct-13 14:42:37

I like him. I think he's calm. Very zen.

UriGHOULer Sun 13-Oct-13 14:43:45

Shakey...and a private go on the pleasure beach for him and his friends....allegedly!

valiumredhead Sun 13-Oct-13 14:51:26

He's hugely talented and looks mighty fine, what's not to like?wink

AnaisHellWitch Sun 13-Oct-13 14:54:32

I've just watched the Olympic closing ceremony performance just after he lost his baby daughter. Feeling very weepy at the way the others are looking out for him. He can't be a bad chap, surely.

VulvaVoom Sun 13-Oct-13 14:57:23

Oi! Stop slagging of my 2nd husband (1st one currently laying on the sofa - oblivious)

Yours

(Future) Mrs Barlow

grin

Irishmammybread Sun 13-Oct-13 14:58:30

DD had surgery in hospital last year .On a noticeboard we saw photos taken by staff of Gary visiting the hospital and spending time with the kids. There had been no hype, no publicity,nothing had been in the paper, just a celeb doing something really nice in his own time for a group of sick children for no personal gain. It certainly impressed me.

moldingsunbeams Sun 13-Oct-13 15:12:19

I have met him on a few occassions and he has been nice enough but come across a bit boring. However when we went somewhere and he was off camera for a couple of hours he was actually quite witty and funny.

HaroldLloyd Sun 13-Oct-13 15:16:14

I like him. He comes across as a nice straight forward man.

And I fancy him a little bit.

He talks like a creature comforts turtle and I like it!

Bowlersarm Sun 13-Oct-13 15:18:35

YABU.

What's not to like? He made it, lost favour, had the balls to make it work again.

He's a faithful family man, he suffered a stillborn child. Where's your compassion?

He has it all, IMO.

KirjavaTheCorpse Sun 13-Oct-13 15:23:27

He talks like a creature comforts turtle and I like it!

grin

Not bothered by him either way, in the slightest. Maybe if I watched x-factor I'd get what you mean.

However, I have an passionate, unreasonable hatred for this guy. confused

sonlypuppyfat Sun 13-Oct-13 15:24:11

What do you mean where's my compassion I wouldn't wish that on anyone, but whats that got to do with hating his music and his smug face.

Nanny0gg Sun 13-Oct-13 15:30:21

I never liked Take That either. I really like music you see

What was that about smug?
And in this case, also supercilious.

Perhaps your 'like' doesn't appeal to others?

LazyGaga Sun 13-Oct-13 15:38:39

All these Gary lovers - where were they during the wilderness years eh? The Heartbeat era when he couldn't get arrested?

Never heard anyone saying they loved him then wink.

Never been into Take That, don't watch X Factor, have no opinions on him either way.

mrsjay Sun 13-Oct-13 15:47:28

Gary is on his way to become the new sir Paul mcartney he will be singing Greatest day at opening ceramonies (sp) in years to come you have been warned grin

FreudiansSlipper Sun 13-Oct-13 15:57:43

I get quite ragey when his songwriting is compared to Lennon/McCartney

he has written a few ok pop songs but tries too hard to write power big songs

And agree he is a very dull pop star, seems a nice guy but dull

Plus a tax dodger --and supported Tories in the election-

HaroldLloyd Sun 13-Oct-13 16:23:36

During the wilderness years I spent my days wandering the streets with my I Love Gary placard.

mrsjay Sun 13-Oct-13 16:28:33

aww harold grin

I don't mind him and i think him doing an impression of himself on Xfactor is funny I am a bit hmm at his up and coming concert I have seen advertised of him just singing Take that songs

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now