vaping

(19 Posts)
Badgerdad Sat 12-Oct-13 23:18:27

As an ex smoker of 12 odd years aibu to really fancy an e-cig smile

hiddenhome Sat 12-Oct-13 23:22:52

If you take it up, you'll become addicted to nicotine again.

WorraLiberty Sat 12-Oct-13 23:24:11

YANBU to fancy nicotine

But YWBU to inhale some

But you clearly know that so I'm not sure why you're asking?

mignonette Sat 12-Oct-13 23:25:47

I am wanting to get an E-Cig too after ten years of non smoking. I wish they'd never been invented.

They still contain toxins too.

diaimchlo Sat 12-Oct-13 23:39:11

I would like to point out that not every e-cig liquid has nicotine in it, you decide what flavour and nicotine level you want.

Badgerdad Sat 12-Oct-13 23:41:29

Shall I stick to brandy then ;-)

MistressDeeCee Sat 12-Oct-13 23:44:16

Is this a goady thread just because there's a popular thread running now, with smokers feeling happier and healthier having switched to vaping and inhaling..ohhh..let's see...4000 less chemicals than they would with a cigarette? & not being fussed about nicotine addiction - albeit less nicotine than in normal cigs anyway?

I mean it couldn't be..could it...? shock

Tiredmumno1 Sat 12-Oct-13 23:48:06

YABU

I can't for the world of me work out why you'd want to try if you've already given up confused.

I gave up smoking a little while ago, I have absolutely no desire to try vaping at all. Just don't understand even as an ex smoker why?

Badgerdad Sat 12-Oct-13 23:50:25

Deecee, I think your a bit paranoid. I'm asking a simple question aibu to fancy an e cig. I'm not aware or interested in the thread you talk of...

WorraLiberty Sat 12-Oct-13 23:51:29

MistressDeeCee the same thought crossed my mind wink

Let's ban the E-Cig because it's making non smokers want to smoke shock

Or they could just exercise some willpower and move along...

CatelynStark Sat 12-Oct-13 23:52:24

I second the suggestion of 0mg ejuices. I'm vaping vanilla cupcake right now (on day 20 of no smoking).

Tiredmumno1 Sat 12-Oct-13 23:53:59

But what would be the point if the OP has already given up. There is absolutely no incentive to start vaping. Surely the worst part is already over?

Badgerdad Sat 12-Oct-13 23:54:22

Smoking is not the same as having an e-cig surely??? Just the same rush without the tar / smell / etc etc

Badgerdad Sat 12-Oct-13 23:59:28

i think you have all done me a faver :-0)

MrsEdinburgh Sun 13-Oct-13 00:03:43

Are e-cigs the latest trendy fad........like cigarettes were circa 1930's onwards.

In years to come will we discover health risks with them? (like cigarettes)

Off on a tangent, the few folk I know who use e-cigs think they are great.

Hmm lots to think about.

timidviper Sun 13-Oct-13 00:09:51

I work in the NHS and see the Smoking Cessation Service info re these e-cigs. They are proving very popular and are helping some people to give up smoking which is great however some people keep smoking them assuming they are a safe option and we simply don't know that.

The big problem is that they are unregulated so nobody knows for sure what is in them. In years to come we may discover risks although we may not and that is the big problem, nobody knows.

Just as a point of interest, patients who have been told to stop smoking prior to operations are still classed as smokers if using these

MistressDeeCee Sun 13-Oct-13 01:00:53

Badgerdad - No paranoia over here. An active vaping thread with nearly 600 replies. People asking, advising about e cigs. Smokers having swictched talking about their experiences and feeling better.

I'm quite sure you haven't seen it at all, not a word,and have no interest about a thread running alongside which will possibly descend into 'these baaaaad people, they're still addicted to nicotine'and so on..and on..

Then again...far be it from me to think, 'tis the season of follow-on threads smile

MistressDeeCee Sun 13-Oct-13 01:02:37

WorraLiberty...yep..

ilovesooty Sun 13-Oct-13 01:11:51

timidviper I had an operation a couple of months ago. When I told them preop that I used an Ecig they classified me as a non smoker. People who mix their own liquids or buy from reputable sources do know what's in them.

And the vaping community doesn't want them regulated as medicines, thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now