why is mumsnet so unfriendly and shit compared to netmums

(757 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

hellogals Fri 11-Oct-13 22:10:00

Ive changed my name as im peeved off. I asked for a genuine bit of advice about dd2 school, and i got abuse. Everyone is so unfriendly and jump down ur throat. Its very clicky in here and they all stick togethet. At least on netmums u get a fair hearing and gd advice, its crap here.

People come on here for an ego trip and im sick of it. Have a bit if respect and decency for peoples feelings!!! Grrrrr wish it was properly monitored

spanky2 Mon 14-Oct-13 17:44:08

This is why I like mn. I had never heard of that. I feel sick, but I've learnt something.

supermidwifeandmammy Sun 13-Oct-13 11:43:13

Anais
thankyou for link, im enlightened now lol.
Explains alot

larrygrylls Sun 13-Oct-13 09:25:03

No idea why people feel that there has to be a polar choice: either lots of smileys, hugs or kisses on "Nethuns" or the "brutal honesty" (quite often aka bullying) of MN.

It is possible to have intelligent debate whilst also showing respect and decency for others' opinions.

SpecialAgentFreyPie Sun 13-Oct-13 03:56:32

Oh I see what the OP was going for...

Bazinga! You totally fooled me. grin

AnaisHellWitch Sun 13-Oct-13 00:02:21

Oh no, sorry, you have to hit the Google search button before the link comes up.

wow!

AnaisHellWitch Sat 12-Oct-13 23:51:33

Google "let me google that for you", type in the question and press the big button. You get a copy and pastable link.

like this

GoofyIsACow Sat 12-Oct-13 23:51:26

I miss all the fun!,

coo, thats clever, how did you do that?

AnaisHellWitch Sat 12-Oct-13 23:41:46

supermidwifeandmammy, welcome to MN!

Dragon Butter

Alisvolatpropiis Sat 12-Oct-13 23:27:22

super

In Wales it is actual butter, in the conventional sense.

It has another meaning however - link further upthread.

AnaisHellWitch Sat 12-Oct-13 23:24:26

Well he would. The only time we mention him is to tell his researchers to do some proper bloody work. I remember watching the "boys in tights" thing and he completely missed Hully's obvious sarcasm, the twat.

I remain convinced that NMHQ is Dolores Umbridge's office.

no no no no no.

supermidwifeandmammy Sat 12-Oct-13 23:21:16

What is dragon butter? Please share this, im intrigued lol

surprised he didn't nominate Bounty, tbh!

LadyBeagleEyes Sat 12-Oct-13 23:15:32

Did you know Mathew Wright mentioned Netmums the other day, calling it the best of the parenting websites. hmm.

grin

AnaisHellWitch Sat 12-Oct-13 23:13:17

My eyes!

AnaisHellWitch Sat 12-Oct-13 23:11:21
AnaisHellWitch Sat 12-Oct-13 23:06:11

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now