why is mumsnet so unfriendly and shit compared to netmums

(757 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

hellogals Fri 11-Oct-13 22:10:00

Ive changed my name as im peeved off. I asked for a genuine bit of advice about dd2 school, and i got abuse. Everyone is so unfriendly and jump down ur throat. Its very clicky in here and they all stick togethet. At least on netmums u get a fair hearing and gd advice, its crap here.

People come on here for an ego trip and im sick of it. Have a bit if respect and decency for peoples feelings!!! Grrrrr wish it was properly monitored

scaevola Fri 11-Oct-13 22:55:57

If posts contained abuse, then they should be reported because personal attacks will be deleted.

If it was a case of posters simply not agreeing with you, that's not necessarily abuse, not necessarily unhelpful.

But it should be dealt with on the thread. The shibboleth against TAAT exists for a reason. Especially when the thread in question isn't specified.

Maryz Fri 11-Oct-13 22:56:19

Actually, what is really shit, really shit I tell you, and lacking in respect and dignity, is this thread.

I mean, poor Olivia. There she is with her stomach the size of a small elephant nicely rounded, putting her feet up for one of her final evenings chatting with us lot, and suddenly she has to deal with this.

And she can't even swig gin.

usualsuspect Fri 11-Oct-13 22:56:26

Poor Olivia, Friday night shift.

I'd have words if I was you.

MissMarplesBloomers Fri 11-Oct-13 22:56:35

Oh FFS......made me spill me sherry!

Alisvolatpropiis Fri 11-Oct-13 22:56:41

This is hilarious.

I'm imagining Olivia glaring hard whilst typing HTH.

Pardon Exit?

gordyslovesheep Fri 11-Oct-13 22:57:34

is she at the puffy ankle heart burn stage then - poor thing sad babies are horrid

usualsuspect Fri 11-Oct-13 22:57:44

Was you ? Were you?

AllThatGlistens Fri 11-Oct-13 22:57:56

We don't mean to aggravate you olivia, honest grin cake

CakeBotherer Fri 11-Oct-13 22:58:05

Look, so you don't want my cake, fine. I'm sorry you're daught has been bullied, that sucks. No idea how, so no advise, BUT I can send you over here to a Classics thread to give you a giggle and so you can see a different side to MN.

Actually I suggest everyone clicks my link (and I promise you it is not a picture of Terry Wogan's cock).

Rufus44 Fri 11-Oct-13 22:58:10

maryz see you are obviously kind and caring, so that's me , you and chaos

See OP that's three of us, there must be more!

LEMisdisappointed Fri 11-Oct-13 22:59:07

Marking place for deletion message

Me me me

gordyslovesheep Fri 11-Oct-13 22:59:47

I am an evil little shit - but I am not the norm - honest grin

echt Fri 11-Oct-13 23:00:23

Don't you worry, UK MNers; you can go to bed and I'll keep an eye on this barking thread for you from the other side of the world.

I'll do anything to avoid marking.grin

I love the word shibboleth and therefore I now love scaevola.

<Is nice to someone on thread so OP can see>

usualsuspect Fri 11-Oct-13 23:00:49

Gordy is luffly.

[Pissed]

Rufus44 Fri 11-Oct-13 23:00:56

And tired

Apparently!

See 4 of us, just tell us the thread and we won tell anyone else

Maryz Fri 11-Oct-13 23:00:58

No, Rufus. It must be just you, me and Chaos.

The rest of them are a bjunch of bjullying bjitches grin

HopeS01 Fri 11-Oct-13 23:01:22

I reeeeeeally want to see the original thread!!!! (Prepared for an anticlimax) grin

Rufus44 Fri 11-Oct-13 23:01:33

That should be won't

Feel I've let the side down now!

Maryz Fri 11-Oct-13 23:02:01

x-posted.

No, not that tired. She's a right cow wink

Thank you echt. You might be here a while.

Canthaveitall Fri 11-Oct-13 23:02:04

I think you are either one or the other. I can't stand all the huns, text speak and tickers on netmums but love their local boards. I do agree these threads can be vile sometimes. I have seen perfectly reasonable OP's ripped to shreads like a pack of dogs for nothing. there are alot of people in life who have nothing better to do than be vile to others which is easier when you are sitting on the other side of a screen with no regard for the feelings of the person reading those messages. Conversely, I have been enlightened, educated and advised well here.

usualsuspect Fri 11-Oct-13 23:02:42

<looks at MN through vodka goggles>

<falls over>

Tiredmumno1 Fri 11-Oct-13 23:02:58

Thanks Rufus grin

<glares at maryz>

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now