Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

why is mumsnet so unfriendly and shit compared to netmums

(757 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

hellogals Fri 11-Oct-13 22:10:00

Ive changed my name as im peeved off. I asked for a genuine bit of advice about dd2 school, and i got abuse. Everyone is so unfriendly and jump down ur throat. Its very clicky in here and they all stick togethet. At least on netmums u get a fair hearing and gd advice, its crap here.

People come on here for an ego trip and im sick of it. Have a bit if respect and decency for peoples feelings!!! Grrrrr wish it was properly monitored

jollydiane Fri 11-Oct-13 22:45:19

I think it can be daunting especially if you are new, however I've found MN has helped me genuinely see other people's point of view and even changed the way I think about a particular issue. It's good to debate and argue and along the way have tears of laughter running down your cheeks.

CakeBotherer Fri 11-Oct-13 22:45:26

No to the cake then? Ah'ck well, more for everyone else then (it's a very good carrot cake btw)

I'm a right shit.

<a true fact>

ChippingInNeedsSleepAndCoffee Fri 11-Oct-13 22:45:42

sindeIklIIIn;weous;;

Ikkilionld skins kind lllhsl;;a bbaoiud thousnl;;;Y

Yinayyiidd.spdkng ... woeudlt thousiiig ialsdin

Yoooosedlle

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx HUN

Rufus44 Fri 11-Oct-13 22:46:07

Sorry tired I think chaos was referring to me

PedlarsSpanner Fri 11-Oct-13 22:46:40

ChippingIn has NAILED it, totes

moldingsunbeams Fri 11-Oct-13 22:46:55

Where you here when people gave up their time to go and help someone struggling to cope when their dp died at their house organising lifts or trains for others to help?
When people made blankets for families who had lost a loved one?
when someone stepped in to be a witness at someones wedding they did not know?
When people walked Miles for Maude?
When people have offered to pick victims of domestic violence up in their cars or paid for hotels to help them get out?
My child's godparent is a mumsnetter because I had no one
The countless times people have sent food, clothes, shoes and whatever they can when someone is really stuck.
The Christmas appeal when people nominate people they dont know who need a hand.

Thats why I love Mumsnet.
Yes it can be gobby but you see past that.

GrandpaInMyBlender Fri 11-Oct-13 22:47:15

<click click>

<is clicky>

BA DUM DUM!

PedlarsSpanner Fri 11-Oct-13 22:48:10

moldingsunbeams, now I've got sodding grit in my eye <tissues>

gordyslovesheep Fri 11-Oct-13 22:48:31

awww bless u hun did da nazty ladeez not send uz ne stikaz and hugz

bst get ur self bk to Nethuns pronto and tell dem all about it

Fecklessdizzy Fri 11-Oct-13 22:48:33

Absolutely, Chipping, quite so.

OP is right about me, though. I'm evil and can't be trusted.

hellogals Fri 11-Oct-13 22:48:40

Thankyou forty x not all ppl are mean but most who gave me'advise' where just plain horrible
My daughter was bllidy bullied and the vile abuse i got grrrr. I did post on nm and got gd advice i just wanted 2 c what other ppl thought

usualsuspect Fri 11-Oct-13 22:48:49

Mazda and Pazza are kind and wise.

AthelstaneTheUnready Fri 11-Oct-13 22:49:23

If you asked 'for a genuine bit of advice' and 'got abuse' instead, you must have put something severely bonkers in your post.

What was your problem?

Maryz Fri 11-Oct-13 22:49:41

I luffs you Chipping

mwahmwah

<hun>

usualsuspect Fri 11-Oct-13 22:49:46

Mazza not Mazda.

TheOnlyOliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 11-Oct-13 22:49:56

hellogals

Grrrrr wish it was properly monitored

What do you mean monitored? We are a post-moderated forum.
We ask, actually actively encourage posters to report anything they're concerned about - we read and reply to every single one.
HTH

RandallPinkFloyd Fri 11-Oct-13 22:50:12

So which thread was it?

Maryz Fri 11-Oct-13 22:50:36

BUT WE CAN'T TELL YOU WHAT WE THINK BECAUSE YOU WON'T TELL US WHERE THE THREAD IS.

<resorts to yelling, hopefully>

DaffodilsandSnow Fri 11-Oct-13 22:51:02

I do have some sympathy with you and I don't necessarily agree that people are generally "one or the other" sites. Reading some threads on here some people do come across as living in a little stuck up bubble an example is the much quoted "fuck the fuck off" this really makes me cringe in much the same way (although for different reasons) as the tickers etc on the other site.

There does seem to be more people on this site who are very sure of themselves and of their opinions, and perhaps lacking in warmth on some of the more general threads.

However I do like the way that people seem perhaps a little more articulate on this site.

Maryz Fri 11-Oct-13 22:51:02

Thank God.

Will you tell Olivia where the thread was.

Rufus44 Fri 11-Oct-13 22:51:04

C'mon fess up!

ChippingInNeedsSleepAndCoffee Fri 11-Oct-13 22:51:33

Pedlars & Feckless smile smile xxx <1min 53 seconds> HUN xxx

Uuslsy eeeym nod eveeel bt cldn't bwe trooosted.

xxxxx

Strokethefurrywall Fri 11-Oct-13 22:51:37

I bloody love threads like this....

i just wanted 2 c what other ppl thought

So ask us then. You know we will give you our honest opinion.

<speaks for the whole of Mumsnet>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now