why is mumsnet so unfriendly and shit compared to netmums

(757 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

hellogals Fri 11-Oct-13 22:10:00

Ive changed my name as im peeved off. I asked for a genuine bit of advice about dd2 school, and i got abuse. Everyone is so unfriendly and jump down ur throat. Its very clicky in here and they all stick togethet. At least on netmums u get a fair hearing and gd advice, its crap here.

People come on here for an ego trip and im sick of it. Have a bit if respect and decency for peoples feelings!!! Grrrrr wish it was properly monitored

chosenone Fri 11-Oct-13 22:18:19

Acerbic advice! !

moldingsunbeams Fri 11-Oct-13 22:18:20

Its an open forum, an open forum which consists of a variety of people and personalities in the same way the school playground, school gates and workplace has a variety of strong personalities.

I have had amazing advice and support both practical and emotional over the last eight years. I disagree with it being clicky. I have posted daily for the last eight years from everything from dds sen, whether I should leave now exh, marriage breakdown, emotional abuse, all kinds and always recieved amazing support yet because I name change very regularly I doubt most people know who I am.

MacaYoniandCheese Fri 11-Oct-13 22:18:42

Words on a screen.

Take a deep breath and have a few days off. We've all been flamed or lightly singed at one time or another. 'Tis one of the best bits of MN; people tell it like it is and the women that can be a nest of vipers on one thread can be incredibly helpful and supportive on others so don't write it off just yet flowers.

insummeritrains Fri 11-Oct-13 22:18:42

Awwwwww hun xxxxxx

hellogals Fri 11-Oct-13 22:18:46

Em no that was not my post mrs private investigator. This goes to show that this place has a school yard mentality. Its digusting, why do people make other people so unwelcome.
'Well ive been a member since 2008'

Who cares how long uv been a member everyone is entitled to be here!!!!
So get over it.

U should be ashamed making someone feel so bad.

WeAreEternal Fri 11-Oct-13 22:19:55

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

NeverKnowinglyUnderstood Fri 11-Oct-13 22:20:04

I think the word is RAW not unfriendly and shit.

there will be loads of people on NM who don't agree with you and because of the atmosphere of the site the only people who respond are people who stroke you and make you feel better about your predicament.

Here... you get what people really think.. good and bad.
You like it - stay
You hate it - go.
No point at all in moaning about it.

Glendaanddennisarentinvited Fri 11-Oct-13 22:20:07

What's the purpose of this? To get thousands of people to change their ways? Apologise? Get the site changed... Or are you just ranting?

yeghoulsandlittledevils Fri 11-Oct-13 22:20:08

I've had a bit of a bad reception now and then, but when it's really mattered Mumsnet has been the best help I have had from anywhere. Netmums is good in some ways, but it's not for me.

BlingBang Fri 11-Oct-13 22:20:14

They'll all be over here soon anyway. Looks like Nm's is dying a slow death. Not that much traffic, not compared to here.

Donkeyok Fri 11-Oct-13 22:20:25

what's that buzzing noise

Tiredmumno1 Fri 11-Oct-13 22:20:41

Who is U?

Mumsnet is a great place for support, if you've been here that long you would know that.

Or have you never looked further than AIBU?

SamHamwidge Fri 11-Oct-13 22:21:19

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

PedlarsSpanner Fri 11-Oct-13 22:21:28

oh I agree, hellogals, it's DISCUSTING

<flourishes wooden spoon>

Really? hmm

travellingwilbury Fri 11-Oct-13 22:21:39

I don't know why is mumsnet so unfriendly and shit compared to netmums ?

<waits for punchline>

hellogals Fri 11-Oct-13 22:22:11

Dont want things changex glenda just venting. Im soo angry how people can make someone feel sooo useless when they feel like that already

SanityClause Fri 11-Oct-13 22:22:22

VerySmallSqueak Fri 11-Oct-13 22:22:35

You ain't helping yourself are you?

Don't be so bloody rude.

ginslinger Fri 11-Oct-13 22:22:42

It's you've

usualsuspect Fri 11-Oct-13 22:22:49

It's discusting.

PedlarsSpanner Fri 11-Oct-13 22:23:05

Glenda, I 'pologised on behalf of, like EVERYONE, already, no need for anyone else to prostrate selves, so, it's cool, yeah? <bumps fists>

NeverKnowinglyUnderstood Fri 11-Oct-13 22:23:07

is this a homework related rant?

Pagwatch Fri 11-Oct-13 22:23:27

What's upset you petal?
Come on - which was your thread.

I'm a wanker but I'll happily give you some advice.

Donkeyok Fri 11-Oct-13 22:24:15

I love ya sunbeams donkeynameychanger smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now