why is mumsnet so unfriendly and shit compared to netmums

(757 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

hellogals Fri 11-Oct-13 22:10:00

Ive changed my name as im peeved off. I asked for a genuine bit of advice about dd2 school, and i got abuse. Everyone is so unfriendly and jump down ur throat. Its very clicky in here and they all stick togethet. At least on netmums u get a fair hearing and gd advice, its crap here.

People come on here for an ego trip and im sick of it. Have a bit if respect and decency for peoples feelings!!! Grrrrr wish it was properly monitored

ilovesooty Fri 11-Oct-13 22:51:47

Oh well. If you got all the positive strokes you needed on NM you'd better toddle off back there.

AthelstaneTheUnready Fri 11-Oct-13 22:52:00

Cross-posted with you - if you'd said 'my daughter's being bullied' you wouldn't have got abuse. So what did you say? <genuinely intrigued now>

Maryz Fri 11-Oct-13 22:52:09

Really, usual?

Mazza and Pazza?

Aren't they a little like Macca and Gazza?

AllThatGlistens Fri 11-Oct-13 22:52:12

Outraged from what I can decipher text speak from a NMer, this has been an 'enlightening' read.

Perhaps if you find the banter a little too harsh here you'd be best suited back over there?

People here are honest, often brutally so. If that upsets you I'd consider why you're bothering to rant at posters? After all, would you not consider that a very Mumsnetty thing to be doing? grin

Tiredmumno1 Fri 11-Oct-13 22:52:41

Rufus grin

OP well no one here can really comment on your previous thread, as we have no idea what was said.

So maybe you should let us take a look, then we can see how harshly you were treated.

usualsuspect Fri 11-Oct-13 22:52:41

Is it kicking off?

Tiredmumno1 Fri 11-Oct-13 22:52:47

Rufus grin

OP well no one here can really comment on your previous thread, as we have no idea what was said.

So maybe you should let us take a look, then we can see how harshly you were treated.

friday16 Fri 11-Oct-13 22:52:50

I've tried reading "bllidy" phonetically and still I am none the wiser...

ChippingInNeedsSleepAndCoffee Fri 11-Oct-13 22:52:51

Maryz mwwwwwwwwwwwww xxxx HUN xxx

However I do like the way that people seem perhaps a little more articulate on this site.

Subtle.

grin

VerySmallSqueak Fri 11-Oct-13 22:53:01

Come on.

Accusations of vile abuse are a bit shit.

I am beginning to feel unfriendly.

PedlarsSpanner Fri 11-Oct-13 22:53:12

tut tut Mary, shouting at pore OP, her nerves are in tatters, TATTERS I tell ye

<open OFRS, dusts orf megaphone, hands to Mary>

Hellogals - might I suggest that you spend a bit more time here before rushing to judgement. Maybe go and look at the Bereavement boards or the Special Needs boards, or the Mental Health boards, and see some of the amazing support and help that is given on a daily basis on those boards.

I could tell you stories of the support that I myself have had, to help me in my fight with depression - a fight that has brought me close to suicide on many occasions - and in which I have been hugely helped by the friends I have made here, and the support I have had/

Or you could go and look at the mumsnet Woolly Hugs project - which started as a way to give comfort to a Mumsnetter and her family whose little boy died of a brain tumour - we all knitted squares which were made into a blanket to send them, as a physical symbol of the comfort we couldn't be there in person to offer. This grew and grew, and to date, some 15 blankets have been knitted for bereaved mumsnetters and/or their families. We also knit or crochet wee comfort blankets that are given to sick children in Yorkhill Childrens Hospital. And little white blankets used to wrap babies who are stillborn (so the hospital has something better than a towel to use). And blankets that are sent out to Africa, for sick children there.

Or look at how mumsnetters sat up all night praying/lighting candles/thinking positive thoughts for a desperately ill child - and then how some of them travelled the length of the country to attend her funeral.

Then come back and tell me how terrible and unfriendly we all are.

Rufus44 Fri 11-Oct-13 22:53:32

Look, I've got to go to bed in a minute and this thread will probably go tits up and I'll miss it all

You are obviously a sensitive person, don't do this to me!!!!!!!

friday16 Fri 11-Oct-13 22:53:38

"well no one here can really comment on your previous thread, as we have no idea what was said."

I suspect that if she linked to it, we'd still have no idea what was said.

usualsuspect Fri 11-Oct-13 22:53:47

You are Mazza,Maryz

Look in the very serious 30 day topic grin

TheOnlyOliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 11-Oct-13 22:53:54

You will ALL find that you get on really well if you follow the talk guidelines

(y'all know how I love to post a quick linky link to those)
keep a pregnant lady happy eh?

Maryz Fri 11-Oct-13 22:53:57

Sorry Pedlars

<suitably chastised>

MoominsYonisAreScary Fri 11-Oct-13 22:54:05

Why not link to the thread?

BonaDrag Fri 11-Oct-13 22:54:06

No, I won't accept it. MN was there for me so many times and I didn't always like the advice I received but by fuck it was what I needed to hear.

ilovesooty Fri 11-Oct-13 22:54:37

Articulate is always a good starting point.

cakebrew for you, Olivia!

I luffs it here. It is feisty, ballsy, full of bright intelligent women! Net huns - well....(better local board).

U dunt speek 4 me Pete

Tiredmumno1 Fri 11-Oct-13 22:55:30

I love Olivia I do smile

You see I can be friendly wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now