To eat the Christmas chocolates now?

(55 Posts)
CharlieAlphaKiloEcho Thu 10-Oct-13 20:27:15

Well?

Am I?

please say no

raisah Sun 13-Oct-13 07:44:36

This is the season for festivities for all faiths so YNBU to want celebrate with the chocs. You might need to get a few more tins as Eid is on Tuesday, then Diwali at the end of the month and then Hannukah. As we live in a global society, it wouldn't be right to leave the tin of roses to just Christmas now woul it?

Bettercallsaul1 Sat 12-Oct-13 19:50:12

Big Birthday Gloom - but Easter egg hunts are such fun! You must enjoy munching your illicit goodies even more after your husband has gone to the trouble of hiding them for you!

Donkeyok Sat 12-Oct-13 18:09:05

Ohh blush embarrassment spelling error discovered whilst recycling box meant Belgian chocolates not Belgium.
Obviously not eating enough to familiarise myself with the spelling
- none all year and then 3 come at once.

BigBirthdayGloom Sat 12-Oct-13 18:04:13

Sorry, yanbu to eat the chocolate, obviously. It's there. However, yabu to buy the Christmas chocolate now and expect any of it to still be there by December. I have learnt over several years that early buying of Easter eggs is only a bargain if dh hides them ingeniously. Buy early, buy four times twice.

BigBirthdayGloom Sat 12-Oct-13 18:02:15

Yanbu to eat the choc

Wheresthecoffee Fri 11-Oct-13 22:54:53

You are not alone, why else would the shops be selling bargain delicious christmas chocolates at this time of year?!
YADNBU

Bettercallsaul1 Fri 11-Oct-13 22:43:55

just chocolate! What sacrilege, Worra! It's not your fault - you have inadvertently strayed into thread inhabited by shameless chocaholics.

WorraLiberty Fri 11-Oct-13 22:22:36

worra-are you usually so joyless?grin The whole point of xmas choc is you buy it for xmas and then scoff it as soon as you get home-repeat ad infinitum.

I suppose I have come across as joyless blush

But I just don't get all this 'naughty' food and giggling.

It's just chocolate. Buy yourself/your family a tin for the purpose of eating now and just get on with it.

Louise1956 Fri 11-Oct-13 22:12:17

I don't see why not. the food aspect of Christmas has largely lost it's meaning now, since abundant fresh food is available all year round, and we no longer have to hoard food to see us through the cold winter months. And few people I imagine fast during Advent now.

Bettercallsaul1 Fri 11-Oct-13 21:30:09

We have a rather dark pathway leading to our house which unfortunately seems to deter little Halloweeners from coming to claim all the chocolate goodies I invariably buy. I am then, sadly, obliged to eat all the said treats myself to prevent them from being wasted. I really must get round to making our path more child-friendly.

Donkeyok Fri 11-Oct-13 21:27:15

a nice brew if you haven't found your cup yet.

Donkeyok Fri 11-Oct-13 21:21:19

grin fairy you are funny. At least if the cat shit he wont run off like ours did when we moved. Have another slice cake.

Ive just finished the 3rd box of Belgium biscuits from Aldi. Too be honest they would have gone quicker if they hadn't got pushed under the sofa and rediscovered tonight.
<feeling fat fat fat>

swollenflopsy Fri 11-Oct-13 21:01:11

Never mind xmas chocs. .. what about Halloween ones? I haven't bought those yet incase I eat them and have another year of giving out random penguins and cereal bars as treats. Shame blush

GoofyIsACow Fri 11-Oct-13 19:04:07

YANBU but only if you chuck me a coffee cream!

LackingEnergy Fri 11-Oct-13 19:02:47

DH buys them and then hides them shock he knows I'm weak in the face of forbidden choccies and refuses to do a last minute mad dash to fetch more...again

So I've bought my own tin (it's medicinal) smile

Pinupgirl Fri 11-Oct-13 18:59:54

worra-are you usually so joyless?grin The whole point of xmas choc is you buy it for xmas and then scoff it as soon as you get home-repeat ad infinitum.

Dh always tries to hide them but eventually he cracks<mwah ha ha>

CharlieAlphaKiloEcho Fri 11-Oct-13 18:57:00

I love you all.

Until some time in mid december when I can find no replacement tubs for the actual christmas chocolate needs. Then I shall start a thread telling you all it's your fault grin

Bettercallsaul1 Fri 11-Oct-13 18:50:45

Worra - it's the age-old lure of forbidden choccies fruit. Bought for Christmas, consumed in October.

MichelleRouxJnr Fri 11-Oct-13 18:40:15

Since discovering that tubs of Heroes now include wee toblerones (and even starting a thread about it) I have been through a further tub or three and have even temporarily abandoned twirl bites and bitsa wispas.
I might just finish another tub tonight (when I say finish I mean finish the good ones - there's buckets of wee fudges, a few creme egg twisteds and the odd galaxy caramel left).

So no - YANBU. At all.

DrSeuss Fri 11-Oct-13 18:37:49

You are so altruistic! Willingly taking on all those calories which could otherwise bloat your loved ones and rot your children's teeth! What a woman?,

WorraLiberty Fri 11-Oct-13 18:31:45

I don't understand this thread.

If you all want these chocolates so badly, why don't you just buy them for the purpose of eating now? confused

Why buy them for Christmas?

Bettercallsaul1 Fri 11-Oct-13 18:25:35

YADDDNBU! (Speaking as one who has broken into our Christmas stash and scoffed three boxes of orange Matchmakers in three days. Hope DH buys more this weekend as I'm still feeling peckish.)

AlyssB Fri 11-Oct-13 18:07:16

I have already had a small box of miniature Heros today to myself. It has been a long hard week. My family were not aware of their existence and so won't miss them smile

CbeebiesIsMyLife Fri 11-Oct-13 17:16:34

Laurie you sound like you need more than Christmas cake! I think you'll need to break open the Christmas chocolate and Christmas alcohol after all that and if you don't have any yet a trip to the supermarket is in order!

Op uanbu, I'm just wondering if Christmas chocolate will help my morning sickness! grin

RalphGnu Fri 11-Oct-13 16:53:32

I've just opened the Quality Street. blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now