To think that you shouldn't dump someone IN BED!

(81 Posts)
gail734 Thu 10-Oct-13 19:55:10

Years ago, I had a boyfriend who did this! I'd been going out with him for 18 months and although I'd spent the whole of the evening in question with him, he didn't chuck me until we got into bed together. Looking back, I think he was too cowardly to do it face to face, but once the lights were out he found that he could do it. I didn't live with him, but I'd driven there and then had several drinks, so I still stayed the night (in the spare room). No idea why I didn't get a taxi - I was kind of mortified by shock tbh. I also have a friend who was once dumped at the top of a mountain! She and her now ex-boyfriend then hiked back to her car and she still gave him a lift home. We thought it would have been so funny if she'd left him in the wilderness, but on reflection maybe maintaining her dignity was good. What's the shittiest way in which you've been dumped?

Pawprint Mon 14-Oct-13 07:40:43

My ex boyfriend dumped me when I was in hospital. I'd been really ill and I just couldn't believe it sad

The worst thing was he didn't actually tell me, he just stopped ringing and visiting. I had to chase him up until he finally took my call and told me it was over.

Years later, I found him on FB and he did apologise. It gave me some satisfaction to note that he had not had a successful relationship since.

CharityFunDay Mon 14-Oct-13 06:39:07

I once attempted to dump my partner by text. I'm not proud of it, but he was a nutter and I didn't want to be anywhere near him. In response to my text he broke into my flat and assaulted me. So I don't feel too bad about it.

I dumped him about seven times in total, all but one of them (i.e., the text) in person, but he wouldn't leave me alone.

Some of the stories on here are just shock though.

Pinkdaisy4 Mon 14-Oct-13 06:16:50

I was dumped around four months ago by a twunt who told me how much he loved me etc then totally disappeared. Changed his number, moved jobs and house!

We'd been together for an intense 6 months.

Thank you lovely MN at the time and cake and flowers

MulberryHag Sun 13-Oct-13 20:02:39

Mine isn't nearly as bad as some of these!

Was in bed with BF, he asks me what my favourite number is. I say 6.
Am then told it's not working between us, he dumps me and I spend the night (no car and in a country where cabs aren't available like they are here) crying next to him in bed, while he snores like a pig and sleeps like a baby.

The next day he drops me off two blocks away from my Halls, because he didn't want to have the go down the one way street...

Oh, his parting shot was that if I had answered his question with an "odd number" he wouldn't have broken up with me.... confused

Nowadays, I would've kicked him. Hard.

babybarrister Sun 13-Oct-13 19:56:00

I got a dear John letter left on the table by ex DH who I had been. Married to for 3 years - never saw or spoke to him again, just got letter from his solicitors saying he wanted a divorce...!

When I lived abroad a friend also working out there invited a boyfriend to visit her. Aft a 15 hour journey to see her, she dumped him within a day so he got a flight straight out. Unfortunately give the country, on re-entry to the UK given his short stay he was suspected of drug smuggling and was given the rubber glove treatment grin .... he is now quite famous!!!

brokenhearted55 Sun 13-Oct-13 18:45:44

I got dumped by text recently sad

ScarerAndFuck Sun 13-Oct-13 18:28:04

An ex boyfriend of mine got dumped by his next girlfriend, who he was living with at the time, when she asked him to drive her the 150 miles or so back to her parents house for a visit to pick up a car they had bought for her.

The arrived, had a lovely weekend, drove back one in each car on the Sunday night. He went to work the next day and found that she had emptied the house of her stuff and driven back to her parents in the new car, never to be seen again.

Apparently she'd booked a removals van to follow her back down the motorway with the furniture and things she couldn't fit in the new car.

ScarerAndFuck Sun 13-Oct-13 18:16:14

At work one day a colleague came into my office and asked if we had any cardboard boxes he could take home.

I asked if he was moving house and he said "No, well, Sharon is. We're splitting up and she's moving out and needs some boxes for her stuff."

I said I was sorry and he said "No, it's fine, it's my idea. She doesn't know yet, I'm going to tell her when I give her the boxes." shock

He went on to break up with his next girlfriend while they were in bed. I know this because she worked with us and told everyone. She said she loved him, he didn't reply, she asked him if he loved her and he said "Well actually I've been meaning to talk to you about that..."

BoyFromTheBigBadCity Sun 13-Oct-13 18:03:40

my friend has JUST arrived back from NYC. She had been there for 4 days when he 'd'h dumped her. he had moved out for work, so had his flights etc all paid for, job waiting. she had gone because she may as well pursue work in NYC as it had the UN, so more opportunities for what she wants to do, so had stopped looking for work in London. Had to stay there for another fortnight to try and get everything sorted, esp. money for the flight home again. She now has had to go back to her parents as she has no job or room in London with her friends. less than ideal.

My worst wasn't actually a break up though. A guy I was (am?!?!) friends with and I on more than one occasion go back to his - it's v casual, no relationship, which suits us both. However, he once kicked me out at 5:30 in the morning - shite, but I completely rationalised it and made it my fault. The next time, it was half 4. I was still drunk (cos it had been a late night), and all my other friends (and me) would not allow someone to completely cross London drunk and alone at that time, let alone kick them out. He told me I should just wait for the tubes to start, and that it wouldnt be too bad, cos you know, it's not like there was any relationship. What a wanker.

Pigsmummy Sat 12-Oct-13 14:03:47

I got dumped at the drop off zone at an airport, in the morning when my flight wasn't until the evening and he knew all earlier flights were full, I got told to get into the car as we were going to have a day out, he drove to the airport then he pulled up to the drop off zone and left me there. been together about 15 months.

PortHills Fri 11-Oct-13 21:50:47

Hoping this will be cathartic...

Once dumped a lovely guy when he flew to a different continent to meet me. I was having doubts, but naively thought that once I saw him they would all disappear. They didn't, I should have been brave and not let him get on the flight. Still feel ashamed years later.

But he got the last laugh, because we ended up getting back together later, and he then dumped me via email.

kotinka Fri 11-Oct-13 21:43:07

Chlorinella welcome to the "its not you" club.

Mia4 Fri 11-Oct-13 21:42:14

Fuck me reading some of these stories I really hope karma caught up to these guys. :-( shitty behaviour from so many.

Mia4 Fri 11-Oct-13 21:39:30

Went to see my boyfriend after two weeks of him talking about how much he was going to love me and give me an awesome first time experience. Went all they way there, was shutting it and so excited. Waited for him downstairs, wondered why his.mum looked so angry and upset, he came down and told me I wasn't the girl for him and pretty much chucked me out.

Waiting for the bus at the stop down the road I saw him and his new girlfriend laughing as they left the house. I was 15 and devastated.

Was hilarious though a decade later when I saw him.again, he was all over me saying what a dick he had been. I suggested he spend £60 on a couple of really nice wine bottles and then drank them with my friends and left. With them and him still trying to Granby number out of me.

kali110 Fri 11-Oct-13 21:21:31

Monstrous thats awfull!!
My one ex id spent two fucking hours getting to his house as train had been
Cancelled, then found other was seeing men too.

At 17 my fiance broke up with me in bed. i sobbed all night with him lying there in my bed. next morning Mum drove him home. so awkward and out of nowhere for me... I had chosen him as a completely safe bet who would never break up with me. his Mum told him I was messed up and controlling. she was right. it didn't stop him sagging me for a few more weeks though, before deciding to go out with my best friend and asking her out right in front of me. was all a total mess leaving me in hospital from an overdose.

teenagers... I met my husband 2 weeks later and have been together 15 years. so it all worked out well!

kali110 Fri 11-Oct-13 21:02:57

First bf of 3 years dumped by text twice and was then shagging some girl at his uni.
Then partners of 5 years and suppose to marry, dumped me in front of packed pub, then in bed on evening even though had spent day having sex and telling me he loved me. He did it when his parents came over the coward.
Iv learnt my lesson, blokes dont get a second chance with me!

Chlorinella Fri 11-Oct-13 21:01:58

I was dumped by ansaphone message once
It's not you it's me ...

SweetSeraphim Fri 11-Oct-13 20:50:05

I did dump someone in bed once. He was smelly. I had tried everything to get him to have a wash, including trying to get him to have sex in the shower, but he remained smelly envy

Those were the days....

SweetSeraphim Fri 11-Oct-13 20:47:28

Oh my god, some of these are AWFUL shock

mouseymummy Fri 11-Oct-13 19:16:43

My ex fiancé dumped me via text. 4weeks prior to the wedding.

I had moved 200 miles to be with him, I'd uprooted my dd1, we had papers for him to adopt her, he was supposed to be supporting me through pnd, we were talking about TTC after the wedding. Whole life plans and everything.

About a week after he dumped me, I met him to go through paperwork and to finalise everything between us. He thought it would be an appropriate time to tell me he had met someone else and could he possibly sort out a meeting between her and dd. I told him the adoption would not be going ahead, he threatens to get full custody and throws the pnd in my face. Twat.

A week later I got all the deposits back from the venue, sold my dresses on eBay and had all money paid to my account. I used that to move back home and to get us sorted out back in Yorkshire!!

I cancelled everything in the flat we had and transfered what I couldn't cancel (sky, phone etc) to my new house and so he came back to an empty flat with no power or anything!!

I've not hears from him apart from an apologetic email about 4 years ago. It was apparently my fault he cheated because I wasn't up to "decent sex, only the shitty vanilla stuff" I didn't reply!!

FairOfFaceButFullOfWoe Fri 11-Oct-13 18:50:20

God some of the stories on here are awful! Men can be nasty fuckers! I was with my ex for nearly 6 years (from when I was 15 and he was 18) had our Ds at 17. Right from the start he messed me about, lied to me and was violent. He split up with me loads of times but probably the most heartless was on Christmas Eve while he was drunk. I thought when he asked me round to his house (we never lived together) on Christmas Day that he was sorry but he wasn't and just wanted to clarify that we were definitely finished.

He also prefers men now. I've since found out that a lot of his behaviour and lies all centred around him being with various men (one someone I went to school with). What made it worse was we lived in a small town, so nothing was private and it turned out loads of people knew what he was up to (including at least 2 of my 'best friends') but didn't think it was their place to tell me hmm

So glad I'm now rid of the cunt.

CruCru Fri 11-Oct-13 18:39:33

I was with someone for 4.5 years (from 17) and we were engaged. I had some super hard exams to sit as part of my new job.

A week before my exams started, he came home at midnight and broke up with me while I was in bed. Two weeks later (the day before I was due to sit the final exam) he rang me to say he regretted it and that he wanted to come round. When I say no, he was was shocked and say "What, I can't come round at all?!?".

He owed me quite a lot of money and was slow to pay it back. God, I dodged a bullet there.

kotinka Fri 11-Oct-13 18:28:57

aw, some really shit experiences here.

I forgot another one I found funny - I'd booked and paid for a holiday with this chap I was infatuated with (he was brains but no money). A few weeks later he does a disappearing act on me. After a week I hear from him & he says he likes sex with me but doesn't see me as marriage material (cheeky fucking fuckar!!). So he asks me "can we be friends with benefits?" FUCK NO!

Then after another week of not hearing from him, he calls me to ask whether our holiday tickets have come through yet! Cheeky Twat. I had cancelled it as soon as he dumped me.

Him & pasta guy taught me to take no shit.

Makemineamalibuandpineapple Fri 11-Oct-13 18:19:02

I had a similar experience. After DTD twice with an ex, I woke up at 3am to discover he had done a bunk. I didn't hear from or see him for a week until he came over to dump me shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now