Should I be keeping in touch more with exh

(14 Posts)
moldingsunbeams Thu 10-Oct-13 14:11:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MDK Thu 10-Oct-13 14:16:14

I'd keep in contact but as far as I'm concerned it's up to him to do the running, just give your child access to him if she wants.

As a dad myself it' very sad to see someone being such an idiot, missing out on so much.. :-(

You moved away, doesn't mean he's no longer a parent and he can't pick and choose when to accept that responsibility, it's unfair to play the guilt card on a child who's barely seen you in years.

corlan Thu 10-Oct-13 14:18:23

YANBU.

The guy is a waste of space. All you should feel obliged to do is provide him with your contact details. Other than that, it's up to him.

ChippingInNeedsSleepAndCoffee Thu 10-Oct-13 14:23:34

YANBU - I would stop all of it. He can contact you.

He moaned at YOU - tell him to fuck off. End of.

glammanana Thu 10-Oct-13 14:24:11

YANBU,just make sure your child has contact details for him so it can never be said she was kept away from him,he is the grown up here he should be acting like one not expecting you to run around after him.

moldingsunbeams Thu 10-Oct-13 14:28:13

moldingsunbeams Thu 10-Oct-13 14:32:30

corlan Thu 10-Oct-13 14:37:38

if I could not see my child in person I would be on the phone every day

This is exactly why I would stop trying. Most of us would crawl over broken glass if it was the only way to be with our kids. This guy just can't be bothered.

ChippingInNeedsSleepAndCoffee Thu 10-Oct-13 14:44:19

Who is benefitting out of the effort you put in? Him and only him - why bother?

He is an idiot, the less you have to do with him the healthier your sanity levels will be.

He made the choice not to visit - your DD will understand that when she is older (she probably does now).

If she changes her mind and wants to see him I'm sure you will do what you can to assist her - until then, dickhead's on his own with his pity party.

Davsmum Thu 10-Oct-13 15:02:14

Your ex should be making the effort. He should be consistent. He should not let anyone else get in the way of him seeing his child - i.e. girlfriends!

Of course your daughter should be allowed to see him if she wants to - but not if she doesn't!

moldingsunbeams Thu 10-Oct-13 15:05:27

moldingsunbeams Thu 10-Oct-13 15:08:29

moldingsunbeams Thu 10-Oct-13 15:10:51

olgaga Thu 10-Oct-13 15:15:21

I think it's just as well he's out of her life if all he does is guilt-trip her about staying overnight. Thanks to his own lack of effort, he's practically a stranger. Sad but at least she has a great mum.

Let him make the effort.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now