Thanks to the huns thread on here I was forced to have a nosy on the dark side and have discovered something rather interesting.....

(41 Posts)
NameyMcChanger Wed 09-Oct-13 10:57:49

It shows how many views each thread has.

One poor sod on their posting how upset she was because she has no friends had 2438 views yet only 30 replies shock

I'm glad MN doesn't have that option, t'is the ultimate snub imo sad

yegodsandlittlefishes Thu 10-Oct-13 09:46:46

WhereMyMilk Now how many vouchers of your choice would you trade in for that?!

coldwinter Thu 10-Oct-13 09:27:47

Yep. Maybe mumsnet is better smile

WhereMyMilk Thu 10-Oct-13 09:26:01

Cold Winter...just grin

I've never had netmums go down on me, but mumsnet does fairly constantly on and off

thebody Thu 10-Oct-13 09:18:56

couldn't care less, why would you?

yegodsandlittlefishes Thu 10-Oct-13 09:14:57

coldwinter your post made me larf. Loving the innuendo. :D

WomanNeedsDivorceLawyer Thu 10-Oct-13 09:13:56

I think the page view thing is a bit of a gift to trolls as well. If you click on what is clearly a troll thread, you have the option of walking away without feeding. If your page view adds to a counter, the troll will realise that people are reading their crap.

nicename Thu 10-Oct-13 09:06:50

It's ok as a site - I find half decent reviews and listings but it is all rather 'facebook' for my tastes. I never look at chat or discussions threads and I've been scared off my aunty mumsnet.

TiggyD Thu 10-Oct-13 09:03:16

Poking cheeky fun at Nethuns = fine.

Ranting and seriously moaning = not fine.

LeGavrOrf Thu 10-Oct-13 06:56:15

I think the netmums pisstake thing is a bit old now tbh.

It's not that differen from here in many ways.

Yes it's pink and tickery shit, but there are as many well informed women on there and here. Just caters to a different market. Not my cup of tea but I agree with usual that when mumsnet jointedly takes the piss out of netmums we look like arseholes.

Opalite Wed 09-Oct-13 19:47:40

I go straight over to netmums when mumsnet stops working, I use it for different things than I use mumsnet for and I really miss the swearing when I'm there * sobs *

I often read a thread and don't reply - because I don't have anything to add to the conversation that hasn't already been said. If that's lurking, fine, I am a lurker.

Netmums has never gone down on me either. I bought it dinner and everything </juvenile joke>

ErrolTheDragon Wed 09-Oct-13 18:05:41

>Mumsnet does it fairly constantly on and off

I reckon its because there are hundreds of thousands of lurkers clogging up its server or summat like that.
Doesn't MN have way more registered users than ever show up as regular posters, let alone unregistered readers? Or did I imagine reading some large numbers somewhere...

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Wed 09-Oct-13 16:45:34

Yes, I keep getting that message too Beyond.

mrsjay Wed 09-Oct-13 16:37:58

I hate page views on things but i suppose it is honest ,

mrsjay Wed 09-Oct-13 16:37:15

sods*

mrsjay Wed 09-Oct-13 16:36:59

I think they fact the poster got 30 replies was something some poor sonds on here get no replies to their threads people must read them then stroll on, netmums is no different from here yes they may do the text speak and hun and hug but they are doing the same as we are doing chatting and looking for a laugh and a bit of support , I think sneering about the users is really Off and not needed it is snooty mumnetters are no better or worse than netmummers, I personally haven't been on for years but I hate the sneering at the site .

coldwinter Wed 09-Oct-13 16:35:55

True usual. I have never had netmums go down on me. Mumsnet does it fairly constantly on and off

Are other people getting the server unavailable message too then usual? I thought it was just me, its not the usual "mumsnet is offline" page, so assumed it was my connection that had the problem?

usualsuspect Wed 09-Oct-13 16:27:35

At least netmums loads <grumbles>

BadSeedsAddict Wed 09-Oct-13 16:23:54

I was expecting to find "...a massive bitchy thread about Mumsnet", and am disappointed.

ThingsThatMakeYouGoHmmmmmmmmm Wed 09-Oct-13 16:10:07

^ This. Snobby, sneery twats.

usualsuspect Wed 09-Oct-13 15:44:38

I wouldn't want MN to do thread views.

I hate all the taking the piss out of Netmums that goes on,on here though.

No need really.

Makes us look like twats.

Opalite Wed 09-Oct-13 15:40:07

Hi Hunnii Yer It Wood Bover Mee xxxx Hope Mum Snet Dosent Do That xx And xx It Not Nice xx Hun xx

Proud Mumma Of Destinee Luv Hope Joii Cutey-Pie Luvly Born 16478567485647382 Seconds Ago xx Tyson Tyler Taylor Reagen Teagen Feagen Kole Kane Kone Born 827646543764 Seconds Ago xx

Bubba Numba 3 Is In The Woom xx Luv Myy Bumpy xx Bin In Woom 3984756748347 Seconds xx

WonderWomanInAOnesie Wed 09-Oct-13 15:15:56

Yes we have this on another forum I use. Members are split cleanly between "it doesn't bother me" and "it's horrible damaging and unnecessary" I swing towards the latter. If you're feeling like shit the last thing you need is to see "100 people have viewed this" when you've had no replies.

GinAndIt Wed 09-Oct-13 15:11:42

Mumsnet has never had page views, minihaha. Thank God.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now