To be a bit suspicious of all the wide eyed 'why do muslims' and 'is this racist' threads?

(435 Posts)
MrsDeVere Mon 07-Oct-13 12:55:18

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

FreakinRexManningDay Mon 07-Oct-13 13:23:51

Aslan are an Irish band too which are quite good.

nicename Mon 07-Oct-13 13:25:06

Muslims banned nylons? Whatever next...

YouTheCat Mon 07-Oct-13 13:26:47

Bastards! grin

You can spot the dodgy questions a mile off - the OP will be new or have only recently joined and will only have posted on threads about their personal axe to grind.

EldritchCleavage Mon 07-Oct-13 13:29:30

Also, they answer no questions, generally, and the posts have a repetitive quality about them often as the OP sticks quite closely to the script.

HoneyDragon Mon 07-Oct-13 13:30:00

No point letting off the Hully klaxon. We are not allowed to redirect conversation anymore. Its BULLYING.

curlew Mon 07-Oct-13 13:30:26

The difference with the current lot is they all seem to be able to spell "racist".

But as usual, they all have lots of black friends, and don't see colour.

Maybe they are softening up for the "we're not allowed to celebrate Christmas any more" threads?

EldritchCleavage Mon 07-Oct-13 13:30:58

Well, I will bully fucking racists 'till the cows come home. They've done it to me often enough, after all.

MrsDeVere Mon 07-Oct-13 13:31:57

Them Nylons....I sense a MN in-joke developing grin

I always look forward to the competitive fuckery on MN and FB around Poppy Day.

Who can care the most? Who can make the most heartrending claim to a connection to someone lost in WW1 (can't we all?P

When will the first post complaining about people on tv not wearing poppies pop up?

Who will claim to have been spat on for wearing a Poppy?

Who will just start ranting about 'Just you TRY and tell me not to wear one' in the manner of Harry Enfield's outraged Cab Driver.

Such fun

it isnt

DioneTheDiabolist Mon 07-Oct-13 13:32:35

YANBU MrsDevere, I really can't stand the "why do Muslims..." threads. If you really don't know: google it.hmm That's what god invented the Internet for.grin

YouTheCat Mon 07-Oct-13 13:32:38

One thing that I find quite heartening, is the fact that these arseholes get shouted down my the majority.

Portofino Mon 07-Oct-13 13:33:10

Gordy - I had a very disturbing conversation with dh at the weekend discussing secondary schools in Brussels. I mentioned that I was disappointed that all the recommended schools seem to be affiliated to the Catholic Church and have 2 hours per week of RC RE. We are not catholic and I would prefer that dd learnt about all religions, not just one. His response that at least the school was not likely to be 50% muslim children (like dd's current school).

I was shock and said "Did you mean to sound so rascist?" Dd's two best friends are muslim so i am in total shock that he seems to hold such views. He seems to have convinced himself that as a teenager, dd (who doesn't even belieive in God) would somehow be swayed to the "dark side" and mentioned those UK guys who go off to train to be terrorists. Dd's friend's mother is a medical secretary not a recruiter for Al-Qaeda hmm

I told him he was being a twat. But I think this is the danger of all this DM twaddle. He is not a stupid person and heads up the Diversity committee in his workplace. Stupid fears based on ignorance I put it down to. And all these stories just propogate that

YouTheCat Mon 07-Oct-13 13:33:49

by not my - daft fingers

curlew Mon 07-Oct-13 13:33:58

Shall I get things going by starting a thread about white poppies? grin

EldritchCleavage Mon 07-Oct-13 13:33:59

Don't get ahead of yourself, Mrs.DV, we're got a while to go for Poppy threads, it's 'PC-world-gorn-mad-is-this-racist-you-have-to-be-so-^careful^' week this week. Focus!

HoneyDragon Mon 07-Oct-13 13:36:16

Oh I can always win the competitive sad story from forces one.

Dh fell off a ship serving in the Navy.

It is very important to remember when running along a ship that eventually the dry bit runs out. And the wet bits an awful long way down.

Now would someone like to pat my hand and stroke my hair after I relayed my heartfelt tale to you all?

magimedi Mon 07-Oct-13 13:36:25

Curlew you are wicked & I luff you!

YouTheCat Mon 07-Oct-13 13:37:09

I'm hoping he survived his ordeal, HoneyD?

thegreylady Mon 07-Oct-13 13:37:26

I want to be able to wear a poppy without being sneered at.
I want to be able to wear a white poppy alongside it to show that I remember and respect those who died and also that I want peace above all.
I will always respect the rights of those who choose not to wear any poppy but never their right to disrespect those who do.
I hate racism, terrorism,warmongering and sabre rattling.
I love my Muslim dgd as much as I love my RC and CoE dgc.

MrsDeVere Mon 07-Oct-13 13:37:32

Right I am off to the assembly now.

I may come back and start a thread about how pissed off I am that all they bloody went on about was singers and sports.

That should be fun.

Cheerio!

MrsDeVere Mon 07-Oct-13 13:38:54

Honey
OH lost his Tank.

I think he and your DH should meet. They sound like they would get on.

HoneyDragon Mon 07-Oct-13 13:39:08

Yes, YouTheCat, he survived. He didn't notice the internal bleeding till he'd driven 150 miles home either hmm.

HoneyDragon Mon 07-Oct-13 13:40:15

I think they would MrsD. grin

FreakinRexManningDay Mon 07-Oct-13 13:40:22

Now there's been some changes regarding our post Christmas threads,the crap present brigade will go on after the bragging posts so they can get really riled up,regifting group will go up then and finally the Christmas dinner disasters can be smattered about for entertainment purposes.

Now all we need is the token .In-laws-from-hell thread.

YouTheCat Mon 07-Oct-13 13:40:25

Grey, where are these people disrespecting anyone's right to wear whatever colour poppy they like? confused

thegreylady Mon 07-Oct-13 13:41:21

Why has a thread always moved on several posts by the time I finish mine? It makes me look like the wally [is that allowed/] I probably am!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now