To want Formula 1 back the way it was?

(34 Posts)
Sparklingbrook Sun 06-Oct-13 15:44:50

I want Eddie Jordan, David Coulthard and Jake Humprey. I want Martin Brundle doing the commentary and the pit walk.

All on the same channel.

Suzi perry is nice enough but I don't want her either.

GiveItYourBestShot Sun 06-Oct-13 20:38:45

I do love a Kimi Raikonnen interview. I always wonder what he's looking at, it isn't usually the camera...

becketts Sun 06-Oct-13 20:39:22

Im glad someone agrees with me Stokes !!

All the race footage is recorded by FOM and so thats why when the BBC and Sky show the same races live they have the same footage so they have no control over which race battles get shown

I am really going to miss the battles between Fernando and Mark and the friendship off the circuit between them plus the numerous "taxi rides" they have given each other throughout the years

Damon Hill on Sky is not actually that good as a presenter give me DC any day

WickedPlans Sun 06-Oct-13 20:43:12

No EJ, he's a nightmare.
I usually watch it on Sky, coverage is pretty good but the racing hasn't been great lately.

Sparklingbrook Sun 06-Oct-13 20:45:35

I like to see what hideousness EJ is wearing. grin

Much as I love Damon Hill I agree with that becketts.

soul2000 Mon 07-Oct-13 13:01:03

You only have to watch the film RUSH to know what a fantastic sport and
pinacle of motor sport formula 1 used to be.

Even 5 years ago i used to get up at 4am to watch the Japanese/Korean
races now i cant even be bothered to watch the highlights.

My dad used to say to me about football"If you knew the result you would not have to play the game" Unfortunatly we know the result everytime in formula 1.

Why dont they just give Vettel and RED BULL the championship for life and dont bother racing anymore.

On a serious note what should be the most awe inspiring sport in the world is now the most dull event to be put on a sunday.

I would rather watch Crown Green Bowls than formula 1.

QueenofKelsingra Mon 07-Oct-13 14:39:46

oooh ooooh totally agree! we watch the sky channel but it isn't quite the same!

and more importantly bring back fuel strategy! and sort out the fricking tyres! So fed up of drivers not being able to race to the max because they need to 'look after the tyres'. and scrap DRS - make them work to earn their overtakes, none of this sailing by on a long straight!

and someone produce a car that can rival the red bull and get kimi in it so we can see how mr vettel copes when he has to do more than lead from the front! (I don't doubt he is amazing but the few times he's been under genuine pressure he makes mistakes)

in short, can we stop it being a 60-lap formation procession please????

I feel better now....

Stokes Mon 07-Oct-13 19:42:19

In fairness, a lot of races this year have been really good from 2nd down. I enjoyed yesterday's a lot. I feel bad for being bored of Seb winning because it's not like he and his team don't deserve it, they absolutely do. I just wish someone could challenge them.

It's not fair to be lusting after 1976, we still talk about that season because it was one of the most exciting ever, they can't all be like that. And in fairness, we've had a few good years with the championship going down to the last race, and with more than 2 drivers in the running. This year must be the most dominant since 2009 or 2004; it happens every now and again when the best team and driver hook up and trounce the opposition. It's admirable, if not always exciting.

BloodshotDays Mon 07-Oct-13 22:50:32

giveityourbestshot there was a video on the bbc site somewhere of Kimi being interviewed in Malaysia. Starts with him saying he won't take his sunglasses off, goes on to ask to 'keep it quick' or he'll just go back to the motorhome and gives poor Leigh (Lee?) Mackenzie a horribly awkward time. Some people say he's bland but I love the guy for just being himself and not playing 'I want to thank the team etc...' press game.

soul2000 Rush is fantastic!! I will probably be up early for Suzuka as it's an amazing circuit. If you pretend Vettel isn't out front then Korea provided Grosjean fuming at missing out on his debut win and Hulkenberg valiantly holding on to the final podium place wink

Terrortree Tue 08-Oct-13 00:12:55

Murray is a huge loss just because of his murrayballs. Brundle is great, but I can't stand t'other fella on BBC now. D.Cunthard is a twunt irl. So yuk.

I've just got Sky because watching the highlights is pants. But their warm up programme us tideous.

I really miss refuelling - that added such a great element to F1.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now