To be really offended...

(34 Posts)
welshinexile Thu 03-Oct-13 23:34:57

I am embarrassed to be offended by this but I really was!

My 6 year old has a little gang of school mates and we rotate tea & play. Was organising play dates and its my turn to have the gang of 4 mates for tea. One of the kids said to me and another Mum immediately that he wouldnt come for tea if it was at my house!

Am offended!! WTF is wrong with my house?! Kids are horrible!

welshinexile Fri 04-Oct-13 10:35:30

I need to say to the mum that i have offered to have them all over for tea- should I mention to her that her child said he didnt want to come?

DeWe Fri 04-Oct-13 10:46:44

I would say to her "your dc said he didn't want to come to my house, could you see if something's upset him because my dc would love him to come."
Chances are she'll coem back wither saying he does want to come or with something really little from our eyes but big to a 6yo.

WahIzzit Fri 04-Oct-13 10:53:47

Hmm. No I dont think I would mention it to be honest. She may feel embarrassed and force strongly encourage the child to go to yours, even if he doesn't want to. As I mentioned kids are fickle and he may well be happy to go later on, but if he does not change his mind then he can go ahead and tell his mum who can then inform you.

welshinexile Fri 04-Oct-13 11:03:37

I did mention it- i just wanted to find out that we hadnt done anything to upset him as feeling really mortified about it! Its all fine I think!

Hoojimiflip Fri 04-Oct-13 11:40:19

How did the mother react when asked? Is your little boy ok? Hopefully he hasn't noticed anything smile

CeliaFate Fri 04-Oct-13 13:11:09

Yanbu to be offended, he was rude.

If you and your family are happy with your house and are welcoming to visitors, then there isn't a problem.

If your dc are embarrassed by it and it's causing issues with friends then I'd try and do something about it for my dc's sake.

BillyBanter Fri 04-Oct-13 13:38:16

I think the best thing would have been to say then, or now. Well the invitation is open for you if you change your mind.

Laurel1979 Fri 04-Oct-13 13:48:35

Yes I agree that it was rude, at that age they should know not to say it aloud to offend anyone. My DD just turned 7 and I can't think of any of her friends who would be likely to say this.

Jinty64 Fri 04-Oct-13 14:16:56

I would just have invited the other two!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now