Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To be so upset with the school? Leaving dd age 4 alone and scared

(253 Posts)
D0G Thu 03-Oct-13 16:44:05

I thought dd had an after school club. Went to pick her and ds up at 4 walk in and in the corridor dd is sat on a chair next to the office, no visible adults at all and you can't see into the office. She busrts into hysterical tears, so upset that she couldn't actually talk.

It turns out that she didn't have art club so yes my mistake. But she had been sat in the corridor alone for 20 minutes, she's only 4 only just started reception so was pretty confused and frightened. No one called me or her dad or emergency contacts, also I only live literally across the road so would have been easy to just nip over. Also with no one watching her she could've just walked out the doors alone.

I'm just a bit pissed off and upset, I know Iafe a mistake about the club but feel they didn't try hard enough to contact me. Teacher was v apologetic and explained she left her in care of secretary (who afaik was no where to be seen) no one appeared when she cried expect from the school Senco who was also upset and concerned

MrsBungle Fri 04-Oct-13 14:07:17

Sorry 4 year old - fat fingers and iPhone!

Jenny70 Fri 04-Oct-13 14:50:24

Did you speak to the school today about what their proper procedure was for no-show collections? Even if they are misunderstandings and you didn't just no-show, what should they have done if you didn't show up?

pixiepotter Fri 04-Oct-13 15:35:45

I am guessing that they don't want to set a precedent of allowing non collected children join oversubscribed clubs or some parents might take advantage of this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now