To think it's odd to be on the phone while you wee?

(26 Posts)
Beastofburden Thu 03-Oct-13 14:48:03

Just come back from the loo. Next cubicle, someone in there having a normal pee, flush. Just like me in fact.

Except she is on the mobile phone. Funniest thing I ever heard, really. "Mmmmm...yes <wee>. Oh, really, did he? <trickle trickle>. Oh I shouldn't worry about it, he's always like that <flush>.

The person on the other end must have heard the whole thing. I know I am a bit shy, I never fancy those two-bicles they apparently have in nightclubs, but still...

Am I getting old? am I just Too British? would you do this?

cathpip Thu 03-Oct-13 14:50:12

If I'm on the phone to my sisters then fine, but not to anybody else...

CocacolaMum Thu 03-Oct-13 14:50:58

How do you the practical necessities (pulling knicks down/up etc) while holding a phone? not something I would do..

.. that said I have been on the phone to people and been chatting away happily and then heard a flush..gross.

UrethraFranklin Thu 03-Oct-13 14:51:44

I've been to the loo in front of friends, yes but can't say I've been on the phone to anyone when having a wee. Too much hard work involved, that one.

Lj8893 Thu 03-Oct-13 14:52:10

If I'm on the phone to my mum or my partner then I will go for a wee, nobody else though.

Don't think I would if I was using a public toilet though, have no idea what the difference is!

UriGeller Thu 03-Oct-13 14:52:37

Isn't that why mobiles were invented?

livinginwonderland Thu 03-Oct-13 15:02:05

I text on the loo but I don't think I would talk to someone on the phone while peeing unless it was DP or my parents.

That said, DP and I pee in front of each other all the time, haha.

CloverkissSparklecheeks Thu 03-Oct-13 15:12:43

There are only a couple of people I would talk to whilst having a wee, i would also share a cubicle with those people. Weirdly one of them is not DH!

moanymandy Thu 03-Oct-13 15:53:02

I do this. it would depend who I am on the phone to ie mum, sister, dh, certain friends

Beastofburden Thu 03-Oct-13 15:58:23

Any men on here? What's the urinal etiquette?

No photos, I assume grin

Beastofburden Thu 03-Oct-13 15:59:24

Ps not really a public toilet, it was at work, if that makes any difference.

PaulInHolland Thu 03-Oct-13 16:24:13

At the urinal I would check who was calling and only if it was one of a few good friends would I awnser-all necessary actions at an urinal can be performed one-handed and it is much quieter than peeing in a normal WC (pee against ceramic instead of water and no or much quieter flushing). But I wouldn't phone anyone whilst at an urinal.

missbopeep Thu 03-Oct-13 16:36:53

If you are very quiet when you wee, then they never know.

SugarHut Thu 03-Oct-13 16:46:33

I wee on my mum, but I do it in silent ninja style then flush after I've put the phone down.

SugarHut Thu 03-Oct-13 16:47:32

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I wee on THE PHONE TO my mum!!!!! FFS blush

dh does this... but only with me hmm

MammaTJ Thu 03-Oct-13 16:50:02

I make sure to put my finger over the mic bit when I am weeing, making sure I only do that when they are talking, so they don't realise. I also leave it until they are talking to flush and do the same.

shock sugar your poor poor mum!

grin

facedontfit Thu 03-Oct-13 17:26:11

I always wee on the loo when talking to best friend they are very long conversations. She always knows when I am doing it.

Heymacarena Thu 03-Oct-13 17:28:19

No. Never.

You people who do this must have extremely busy lives, that you can't fit in both the phone call and the wee separately.

I don't wee in front of anyone though <private person>

Tabby1963 Thu 03-Oct-13 17:42:05

I make a point of being on the loo doing a one sighing with relief or a two grunting and phoning my parents, but only my own loo I have standards. They would think it odd if I didn't (we are that kind of family). I also chat to them when in the bath and they make very rude comments about what they imagine I am doing! My cat (who supervises) often miaows to them too smile.

I had to do it once when I was on the phone to dsis, but only because we were in the middle of a conversation I was really enjoying and I was absolutely bursting. I weed really really quietly so she didn't know. I just knew that if I said I had to end the conversation for a wee, we wouldn't ring each other back. It felt weird though!

samandi Fri 04-Oct-13 12:40:39

How do you wee quietly?

YANBU, I cringe every time I hear someone talking on their phone on the loo.

LuisSuarezTeeth Fri 04-Oct-13 12:53:54

DM and I do this and giggle like naughty schoolgirls grin

I have also done it while listening to someone boring. Since they never paused for breath, they didn't notice!

Turniptwirl Fri 04-Oct-13 13:25:25

A woman I phoned from work (a customer) did this! She answered the phone then I spoke to her DH, then needed to speak to her again so he went and found her and handed the phone over. Had our conversation then needed to speak to the husband again "oh just a minute I'm just on the loo" wtf? I'd have called back in a few minutes if she'd said it wasn't a good time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now