To wonder where Fern Britton was This Morning?

(37 Posts)
landrover Thu 03-Oct-13 12:25:52

That it really, her hubby was there (i know !!!!I have a sad life) smile

CSIJanner Thu 03-Oct-13 12:29:32

More to the point, why wasn't she a figure on the 25th cake that her husband baked?

landrover Thu 03-Oct-13 12:31:13

Yep , it was all very strange!! anybody know (or care!)

melika Thu 03-Oct-13 12:32:04

Yeah, where is she? (shouting but really don't care).

Rhino71 Thu 03-Oct-13 12:36:47

She fell out with Phillip Schofield as he was being paid 3 times as much as her for hosting Mr & Mrs… He didn’t want her there today… John Leslie is another one not invited.

Feminine Thu 03-Oct-13 12:38:31

Would it be up to phil though?

and out of loyalty to his wife, wouldn't her DH stay away too? grin

landrover Thu 03-Oct-13 12:42:44

No Fred the weatherman, no Raj Persaud (no Colleen or Twiggy either!!!!!) wink

LazyMonkeyButler Thu 03-Oct-13 12:43:39

Didn't Fern have a falling out with ITV/This Morning management in general?

I seem to remember some resentment that they didn't support her over the whole gastric band issue and also they reportedly, consistently banned Fern from taking on "other projects" with other channels whilst she was hosting This Morning. However, they have had no problem with Holly hosting The Voice on BBC1 hmm.

I seem to remember an interview where she had branded them a bunch of twunts (or words to that effect) grin.

NicknameIncomplete Thu 03-Oct-13 12:51:57

I used to like phil & holly but lately they have been everywhere.

It is a bit strange that Fern wasnt there as she presented this morning for a long time.

SeaSickSal Thu 03-Oct-13 12:54:10

They only had the current presenters (Eamonn, Ruth, Holly, Phil) and the very first presenters (Richard and Judy) on.

None of the presenters in between were invited. There have been rumblings that this is because Fern and Phil have fallen out and he banned her.

But given that her husband appeared I suspect that this was more of a cover for the fact they didn't want John Leslie there.

Feminine Thu 03-Oct-13 13:04:10

A rubbish party IMO grin

DidoTheDodo Thu 03-Oct-13 13:07:18

Didn't Raj Persaud get busted for plagiarising someone else's work? Or have I made that up?

Thesebootsweremadeforwalking Thu 03-Oct-13 13:09:32

Nope, Raj Persaud did get caught out for plagiarism, so I guess not really likely to be on the guest list.

Wasn't there some scandal about the weatherman too?

Feminine Thu 03-Oct-13 13:11:19

In the credits for the 25th celebrations, ITV have used a snipit where phil is trying to compose himself...I think because Fern was leaving...

I'm wondering why he didn't ask for that to be kept out.

too much times on my hands today

Feminine Thu 03-Oct-13 13:12:24

Yes, the weatherman has.

sweetestcup Thu 03-Oct-13 13:14:06

I liked Dr Raj as well, oh well hes went down in my estimation!

I think things could have gone better for them in the celebrations This Morning smile ....

perhaps shows that there are a few cracks beneath the surface ?

But I enjoyed seeing the clips over the 25 years ...
Like most of the women on the show I was thinking where did those 25 years go ?

Keith annoyed me a bit and I thought it was a shame the man trying to climb onto the weather map in the harbour didn't get to propose ... that would have gone well with the finale "All you need is love"

Someone give me their XXXk job and I'll give it a whirl ?!

KnobTheBuilder Thu 03-Oct-13 14:03:41

She did a video message though so she can't hate ITV etc that much.

Was thinking more of us should do and post about a random (or meaningful ?) act of kindness. The government is apparently donating £5 to the This Morning charities for their anniversary (not sure which ones exactly) for each act posted on their website - which can't be bad!

Not sure when it's ending either, possibly later today?
Over £150,000 raised so far.

SadBadMadFat Thu 03-Oct-13 16:49:45

Fern looked pained giving her message. and i too was wondering why her hubby wasnt supporting her, and making a cake without her on it????

richasrd madely doesnt change does he/? the eternal twat, full of himself.

BrandybuckCurdlesnoot Thu 03-Oct-13 17:07:59

But her husband is a current presenter on the show, doing a cooking segment. She isn't. Is that not why he was there and she was?

BrandybuckCurdlesnoot Thu 03-Oct-13 17:08:18

*wasn't.

Makqueen2 Thu 03-Oct-13 17:16:48

Fern looked like she just wanted to call them all a bunch of wankers.

Glossing over John Leslie, the dodgy weatherman, Coleen and Twiggy!!! I remember how utterly dire they were.

I have suddenly developed a crush on Richard Madley blush

squoosh Thu 03-Oct-13 17:19:14

I like Fern, she's well rid of that toadying little Pipsqueak!

Makqueen2 Thu 03-Oct-13 17:21:43

She seemed overly pretend happy on her video though. I bet she went of and kicked something after she filmed it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now