Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to use (some of)the kids savings to buy something for their benefit

(31 Posts)
flipflopper Thu 03-Oct-13 08:10:42

My children have been lucky enough to receive £1000 each from my grandma who died earlier this year

Me and dh have been saving up for a caravan but not getting on too well with it and with Christmas coming up, its not looking like much will be getting saved in the near future.

The kids REALLY want to get a caravan. Now is the best time to buy one as people are selling after the summer.
If we got one before xmas, we would be able to get it ready to use next year. So if we used the children's money, we would be able to get a really nice one, instead of a 20yr old one with damp issues!

I will be getting a lump sum of money when my grandma's house is sold so I would pay the borrowed money back (with interest)!

I just feel really bad about taking their money!
So tell me straight- would I be unreasonable to do this?

mrsjay Thu 03-Oct-13 12:44:23

oh we will look out for that one allmycats we have also looked at 2 single bed ones too dd2 still comes with us but she probably wont in a few years so we will be the old couple drinking tea outside at dawn on the campsite soon grin

flipflopper Sun 06-Oct-13 13:47:04

Just to let you know, we went yesterday to look round, and put a deposit down on a caravan! We are so excited and so are the kids! x

envy

Which caravan did you get?

AnyFucker Germany Sun 06-Oct-13 14:03:06

congratulations smile

flipflopper Sun 06-Oct-13 15:27:27

we got a sterling one, 2003, 5 berth comes with an awning nd all the boring stuff (bottles etc) !

mrsjay Sun 06-Oct-13 16:20:19

thats great Happy caravanning you might get out this year still the weather is still nice, you sort of need a training weekend grin to see how it all works dont go too far from home

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now