Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To wonder what the moral of this weird tale was?

(22 Posts)
moldingsunbeams Tue 01-Oct-13 07:17:11

Thats my only winge Wah that it was told as true story and dd takes her teachers word as gospel.

I might send dd in today to ask thebody, he is fun to be fair.

WahIzzit Mon 30-Sep-13 22:30:46

Yanbu

My older sister and her friends told me lots of spooky stories at that age (yr.5, yr.6) swearing they were all true. It freaked me out so much and still have issues surrounding death, being alone at night, etc.

I think its different if kids KNOW its a story, but for a grown up to tell them its true when it most likely is BS, then thats wrong imo.

Clawdy Mon 30-Sep-13 22:03:33

Perhaps it was a short story told in the first person and the class assumed it was a real story? Year 6 children love a good creepy tale.

thebody Mon 30-Sep-13 21:43:22

but I want to know now!!

every teacher at my school knew someone who broke their neck tilting a chair!

the teacher sounds fun to be honest.

moldingsunbeams Mon 30-Sep-13 21:41:47

Well maybe the boys told about the spooky house but then how would we know about him grabbing steering wheel?

Hassled Mon 30-Sep-13 21:38:13

If boy ran off never to be seen again how do they know about the spooky house?

My older DCs had a headmaster who told bizarre stories - the one about the boy who stopped to tie his shoelaces in the middle of the road and was hit by a car and died springs to mind - which could well have left many of the kids scared to leave the house.

moldingsunbeams Mon 30-Sep-13 21:37:13

I hope so because I want to know the end now!

moldingsunbeams Mon 30-Sep-13 21:36:00

Oh in not overly bothered thebody I was just a bit confused when dd spouted this story "which happened to my teacher"

thebody Mon 30-Sep-13 21:34:24

is the end her homework?

thebody Mon 30-Sep-13 21:33:01

sounds like an idea for a scary story perhaps? year 6 is 11?

think I would relax.

remember our old Scottish teacher when I was about that she used to tell us spooky takes to fire our imagination. bloody fantastic.

moldingsunbeams Mon 30-Sep-13 21:30:22

Only problem is dd is utterly convinced its true wants to know end and I caught her trying to google it but I can't tell her end!

elcranko Mon 30-Sep-13 21:25:59

How bizarre! I'm dying to know why the teacher felt the need to tell his class this tale?! grin

I'm seriously struggling for any ideas!

dopeysheep Mon 30-Sep-13 21:10:37

Strap your kids in so they can't reach the steering wheel?
Don't play truth or dare near empty houses?

Sleepyhead33 Mon 30-Sep-13 21:06:50

Some sort of mystery story - a stimulus for writing stories on the same theme? Why does it need a moral?

WMittens Mon 30-Sep-13 20:50:59

Don't break into (seemingly) empty houses?

Isildur Mon 30-Sep-13 20:33:12

Does it need a moral?

Just gory Halloween spooky stuff, surely?

bundaberg Mon 30-Sep-13 20:31:39

don't trespass? :P

GangstersLoveToDance Mon 30-Sep-13 20:30:12

No moral just pre-Halloween spooky story?

I used to love 'scary' stories like that at that sort of age, mystery scares.

zoobaby Mon 30-Sep-13 20:28:18

WTF indeed. Perhaps the kids had been playing T or D and he was attempting to show that even innocent dares can have unexpected and bad consequences?

moldingsunbeams Mon 30-Sep-13 20:26:19

seen

Souredstones Mon 30-Sep-13 20:26:16

Erm?

No idea

Don't cave to peer pressure?

moldingsunbeams Mon 30-Sep-13 20:24:58

Dd is year 6.
Going to completely out self.

Teacher has apparently told them a TRUE story today about children were he lived.
They played truth or dare, dared boy to go in a empty house, he was in ages and kids were going for an adult when he came out pale.

He was terrified of house and when driving to London on A1 begged his parents to go another way, parents said don't be silly, boy grabbed wheel and they crashed into centre of motorway.
Mum went through windscreen, dad into wheel and boy ran off never to be seem again.

Aibu to be a bit wtf?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now