Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To complain about this online order?

(235 Posts)
Lioninthesun Mon 30-Sep-13 17:18:40

I ordered my daughter a dolls house today from an on-line shop (well known). I thought it sounded like a brilliant deal - £70 and included in the description
" Features:
There are 4 themes of furniture supplied with this dolls house - bedroom furniture, living room furniture, bathroom furniture and dining room furniture. These can be arranged into multiple configurations so your child can have a new dollhouse each time they play with it."

Now, was I wrong to read this as that it comes with the furniture? It says 'supplied with this dolls house' in the above, which surely can only mean one thing?

I received it today and no furniture and looking on line I see they are charging £24 extra for the furniture and dolls for the house as a separate item.

I have put in a complaint as I feel the language is very misleading and have asked for what is stated as included, as far as I can see, on the original description. AIBU?

Tiredmumno1 Sun 06-Oct-13 21:34:07

That's great Lion smile so glad to be of help wink

If you ever need us again you know where we are grin

Very happy that your DD likes it, makes it all worth it in the end smile.

Lioninthesun Sun 06-Oct-13 20:33:39

grin
Every AIBU thread has a silver lining!

FortyDoorsToNowhere Sun 06-Oct-13 20:25:23

lion, now i cant wait to get paid to get these for my dd.

Lioninthesun Sun 06-Oct-13 19:58:24

Thank you! I found thee on ebay a short while ago too www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180710919854?var=480033862080
DD has played with it for an hour after dinner (we were out all day) so it appears to be a hit!

FortyDoorsToNowhere Sun 06-Oct-13 18:18:59
fuzzpig Sun 06-Oct-13 17:58:08

Wonderful news well done!

Lioninthesun Sun 06-Oct-13 16:30:36

Update!
The furniture has arrived and all 4 sets came with it, I am pleased to say.
So I finally got what I ordered smile
A little miffed that I used most of my childcare this last week putting it up, taking it down, putting it up again and complaining. Still not impressed that I had to contact the CEO to get this resolved either, and I don't think I will be using ASDA again.

As an aside, if anyone can recommend kitchen furniture from somewhere I would be very grateful, as the kitchen is of course empty!

Thanks again for all of your support grin

nickelbabe Fri 04-Oct-13 14:49:54

yy happy - if it's being sent to herself, then surely she already had it? confused

Lioninthesun Fri 04-Oct-13 14:32:11

Oh the irony - spelling mistakes in my own post blush
Missing S on 'staff seemS to be of a very low standard'
'I have noW re-built'
I need a nap!

Lioninthesun Fri 04-Oct-13 14:30:41

Happy & Moko you both made me smile - the language of the entire Asda staff seem to be of a very low standard. Did any of them pass GCSE English I wonder? Would explain why they had this problem in the first place.

I have no re-built the dolls house and the castle's family are being imprisoned in there (it looks more like a prison empty!). No furniture today--just sore hands from brandishing a screwdriver far too many times in the last week-- , fingers crossed for tomorrow.

MokuMoku Thu 03-Oct-13 23:56:13

That's great news!

Whoever writes their website descriptions needs a new job,

happystory Thu 03-Oct-13 22:45:15

Small aside' this is been sent to myself' ..........aaagh
But great news finally, and hopefully....

nickelbabe Thu 03-Oct-13 17:29:14

glad they responded.

yy, you should be getting all four sets as stated in the original listing.

Panzee Thu 03-Oct-13 17:02:50

Great news.

fab news! grin

will keep my fingers crossed for all 4 sets

still wont shop at asda though wink

LIZS Thu 03-Oct-13 15:44:00

smile result !

Birnamwood Thu 03-Oct-13 15:40:51

great news

<proud to be part of it smile>

IsaacCox Thu 03-Oct-13 15:28:46

Great news!

Tiredmumno1 Thu 03-Oct-13 15:12:54

Whoops sorry I meant the 4 sets obviously grin.

Just a bit tired today. Fingers crossed they come through for you smile.

Lioninthesun Thu 03-Oct-13 15:02:36

It would have been nice to have some compensation for the shitty service and delay, but hey, at least I have had a positive response and apology!

I did wonder about the set, whether they will send the 4 stated in the original listing, but didn't mention it as I am hoping they actually read the description this time around... Possibly being naive again, but I am hoping they are actually on the ball now.

I will let you know what arrives! Thanks again everyone. Can't wait to get it all set up again for DD!

TO be fair it's not both sets, just each of the rooms in the op. I'd wait and see what arrives. As long as it is what was advertised that's fine. If not then email Lauren back and ask her when the rest is coming

Tiredmumno1 Thu 03-Oct-13 14:37:56

Liquid does have a point, I really hope it's the both sets. Otherwise you'll be going through all this again. If you haven't replied with your details yet, then maybe you should ask if it's the both sets as stated.

liquidstate Thu 03-Oct-13 14:33:35

fantastic news!! It was only fair that they honour the description and frankly its a small price for them to pay to keep customers happy.

Although I do note they are looking for some of the furniture. What happens if you only provide one set?

May I join you in a [gin] grin

Tiredmumno1 Thu 03-Oct-13 14:33:22

I am very glad you got a response Lion smile

Although I did notice there was no offer of a goodwill gesture, especially after you were treated so appallingly by their staff.

I had a similar thing happen to me before in Argos, they sent me a £25 voucher, and I didn't even ask for it, I love Argos grin

At least you are getting the furniture sent to you smile

Lioninthesun Thu 03-Oct-13 14:27:50

Hello all!
I have finally had this email today and pleased to confirm it looks as though I will finally get what I ordered smile

"Thank you for taking the time to contact Mr CEO about the furniture for the Doll’s House. As part of CEO’s team, he’s asked me to investigate and respond to you directly on his behalf.

I’m sorry the furniture was not delivered with the Doll’s House after this was stated on our website. It concerns me that my colleagues were most unhelpful and said a refund was the only option. I’ve sent your feedback onto our Operations Team and as you’re aware we have now changed the wording on our website.

After reading your email I have spoken to our Buying Team to see if we can obtain some of the furniture for you. I’m happy to say we have been able to get this from a local store and this is been sent to myself and should reach me tomorrow.

If you could please supply me with your address details, Ill be able to get this sent out to you recorded delivery.

Thanks again for taking the time to contact CEO and bring this to his attention. If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Kind Regards,

Lauren
Asda Executive Relations"

Huzzah! [gin]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now