To complain about this online order?

(235 Posts)
Lioninthesun Mon 30-Sep-13 17:18:40

I ordered my daughter a dolls house today from an on-line shop (well known). I thought it sounded like a brilliant deal - £70 and included in the description
" Features:
There are 4 themes of furniture supplied with this dolls house - bedroom furniture, living room furniture, bathroom furniture and dining room furniture. These can be arranged into multiple configurations so your child can have a new dollhouse each time they play with it."

Now, was I wrong to read this as that it comes with the furniture? It says 'supplied with this dolls house' in the above, which surely can only mean one thing?

I received it today and no furniture and looking on line I see they are charging £24 extra for the furniture and dolls for the house as a separate item.

I have put in a complaint as I feel the language is very misleading and have asked for what is stated as included, as far as I can see, on the original description. AIBU?

Jbck Mon 30-Sep-13 18:51:12

Great minds grin

Birnamwood Mon 30-Sep-13 18:55:53

grin

Tabby1963 Mon 30-Sep-13 19:07:21

I agree. description suggests furniture included. Just noticed that in specs it mentions 'Gender - girls'. Thought we were supposed to be heading towards a more gender neutral marketing ?

Lioninthesun Mon 30-Sep-13 19:28:51

Birnamwood Thank you, if you could email it that would be wonderful!
Sorry I went off the radar, had to do bedtime routine.
No news yet from Asda, but will update. Will call trading standards once I get a response if it isn't favourable!
I won't give this up without a fight grin

Birnamwood Mon 30-Sep-13 19:34:57

lion pm me your email address promise not to sign you up to anything too embarrassing smile

FreeWee Mon 30-Sep-13 19:40:36

As a clearly rational person I can't imagine how you wouldn't come to the conclusion that the furniture is supplied with it not just accompanying it. I'd definitely fight this one.

Id expect it to come with the furniture from that description too.

I have taken a screen shot on my phone should you need one emailed/text to you

Lioninthesun Mon 30-Sep-13 20:14:39

Thank you all! Yes, unless they plead that supplied means, er, NOT supplied, then I don't see how they can argue it. Fingers crossed!

I've pdf'd it directly from the browser if that helps (has time n date stamps). If it's good enough proof of advert publication dates for the UK Border Agency, it should be good enough for Asda! grin

Catsize Mon 30-Sep-13 21:28:19

They are wrong, you are right. Whilst complaining, please do us all a favour and complain about the 'gender-girls' under 'specifications'.
Why on earth do we need telling what gender a toy is allegedly for??
I picked up a second-hand pink dolls house for my toddler son and he loves it but mainly for helping him climb onto the windowsill to escape from the house
Keep us posted!

sweetestcup Mon 30-Sep-13 21:39:38

Supplied means supplied. Not a good week for Asda after their Halloween costume fiasco by the looks of it!

Birnamwood Mon 30-Sep-13 21:58:32

Keep us updated lion

BikeRunSki Mon 30-Sep-13 22:04:07

I wish my dad was still alive. He was a contracts solicitor - he made sure written stuff could only mean one thing - he' d have eaten Asda for breakfast over this.

Lioninthesun Tue 01-Oct-13 10:27:29

Thought I would check in, but still nothing from Asda.
It looks as though a few people have co-written the features - they refer to Dolls House and dollhouse which is a bit odd in itself.
I'm big on the gender issues too, so if they don't message me by the end of today, perhaps we could create an email to send to the Head Office covering everything?

Viviennemary Tue 01-Oct-13 10:36:34

I think it sounds 100% misleading. You should complain. I agree with ringing Trading Standards. I expect if you tell them you will be doing this they will quickly send you the furniture.

Viviennemary Tue 01-Oct-13 10:38:14

Just saw a really nice dolls house on gumtree put on 2 mins ago. Worth looking at.

ShatnersBassoon Tue 01-Oct-13 10:43:24

Have you confirmed that they are in fact misleading people, and that this wasn't a simple delivery error? Perhaps the furniture should have been sent but was missed out of the package. They might sell the furniture separately as well as combined with the house.

Just realised that we're all jumping to conclusions saying that Asda are being dishonest on their website, but it could have been a simple case of human error at the packing stage.

Lioninthesun Tue 01-Oct-13 11:20:19

At the moment I am have said it is a delivery error. I want them to see that I expected it, and haven't just been a pedant and ordered it knowing full well it was a language error (clearly didn't know until it arrived without). I have used the Contact Us service on their webpage. Wondering if I should call them instead? I was hoping to get it in writing and then FWD to trading standards if necessary.

Hegsy Tue 01-Oct-13 11:20:54

Just as well you've got the screen shot OP they've changed the website! Good luck with your complaint

Lioninthesun Tue 01-Oct-13 11:37:03

Have they! I checked it this morning and it was the same. I wonder if that means I will get some communication soon....

ScarerAndFuck Tue 01-Oct-13 11:44:57

If you call them, and I think that's a good idea, get down the time you called and who you spoke to in writing and tell them exactly what you want. Which is all the dolls house furniture as advertised on their website when you placed the order.

Make a note of your entire conversation and make sure they know you are doing it ("can I just take your name...okay how do you spell that" and "hang on, let me just write that down...")

And then be firm in what you say. The furniture, all of it, was advertised as supplied with the house when you bought it, it hasn't been sent, when can you expect it to arrive?

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Tue 01-Oct-13 12:02:16

it must have changed as from that link I can't see the wording supplied with. hope your screen shot shows it op.

Osmiornica Tue 01-Oct-13 12:18:18

If you do end up needing another one we have this one here from toys r us £50 and it's quite nice and comes with loads of furniture. If you paint it it'll look a lot nicer.

ScarerAndFuck Tue 01-Oct-13 12:27:23

It has changed, I read it yesterday and it was just as the OP described.

It definitely said supplied and had no mention of buying the furniture separately.

pianodoodle Tue 01-Oct-13 12:29:24

I hope they send it YANBU

If something says batteries supplied it doesn't mean they're supplied at the local shop it means they're in the box with the toy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now