Revenge of the eight legged beasts?

(38 Posts)
BitchytheGreat Mon 30-Sep-13 10:01:30

In the last week there has been giant suicidal launching self from ceiling in the middle of the night beasts, who then scuttle under the bed to lurk.

Now there was a giant beast on the toilet roll. Twas hiding around the over side and only appeared when it was unrolled. I have never been so glad that we keep spare rolls in the bathroom.

Aibu to think this is revenge for the fact that the things scare me and i have splat on sight if in the house approach until recently when i have become a whole heap of meh cba about them? And if so what the hell are they planning next?

<scared>

BitchytheGreat Tue 01-Oct-13 16:24:08

Last year was a freakishly early year. NOW is the time for conkers and stuff.

KatyPutTheCuttleOn Mon 30-Sep-13 18:27:56

giveitago the season seems later to me as well. Not just for spiders but all things autumnal - the conkers are only just ready whereas last year we were collecting them in the summer holidays. The back to school photo was done against a tree with red leaves whereas this year the tree only got the first red leaf yesterday.
God, how sad I am knowing that kind of stuff from a year ago. I must get a life.

KumquatMay Mon 30-Sep-13 17:55:04

I haven't seen a spider for aaaaages. Whenever it gets to this point, I always know it'll be my turn soon.

Am dreading emptying out the the ironing basket that is currently sitting under the window I keep open every day.

Beastofburden Mon 30-Sep-13 17:17:11

Meanies. Swapping tips on how to kill them. You wouldn't be allowed to do it if it was kittens.

stomps off

ToffeeWhirl Mon 30-Sep-13 16:59:42

We are under attack and have to defend ourselves, beast.

<flourishes Spiderex and Dethlac>

Does anyone else shake and check their coat before putting it on every morning? blush

Beastofburden Mon 30-Sep-13 16:28:02

Poor little things. I love spiders, they make dear little webs and eat annoying buzzy things.

I think you are all rotten. sad

MoreThanWords Mon 30-Sep-13 16:26:08

A spray called Dethlac is your friend smile

ToffeeWhirl Mon 30-Sep-13 16:14:49

I hate them too. Am about to spray the house with this and hope that it works.

AdventureTed Mon 30-Sep-13 15:56:35

Look on amazon for spider catchers Katcha Bug etc. They put you in control of the situation so you will get over your fear of them. Some people on a thread last week also said they got rid of their fear on a special phobia day run by London Zoo.

Blatherskite Mon 30-Sep-13 15:42:42

How would having plugs in plug holes stop them confused

I hate the bastard things. I am getting better but we had one so huge the other day that I could do nothing but hyperventilate!

goldierocks Mon 30-Sep-13 15:42:37

I don't get house spiders since my son asked for a pet tarantula. I guess they 'detect' them somehow.

We now have three pet tarantulas, one of whom is expecting......
Anyone who fancies raising a baby tarantula to adulthood, let me know!

lem31 Mon 30-Sep-13 15:38:05

Try spider stop from betterware. I swear by the stuff. Other features in my spider prevention plan include not leaving windows open overnight and having a vindictive cat. Good luck in the ongoing battle against the 8 legged horrors. X

giveitago Mon 30-Sep-13 15:34:51

I hate them - hate this time of year (seems to me the 'season' is a bit later this year).

I heard that if you put conkers in a big bowl it sends them scuttling away. No idea as we're having huge spiders and the conkers aren't ready yet.

WholeNutt Mon 30-Sep-13 15:32:25

We've had 3 so far, if all the windows are closed and plugs in plug holes how are these bastards getting in?

AthelstaneTheUnready Mon 30-Sep-13 15:26:35

The cats eat a lot of ours, but not immediately.

If you walk into the room and a cat is sitting upright, very still, with a cross-eyed look of concentration on it's face, well that cat has a live spider wriggling in it's mouth. I know this because when I come in they trot over and spit it out on my feet. They love me, you see hmm.

BitchytheGreat Mon 30-Sep-13 15:07:56

really? cos I do clear up the bodies and dispose of the evidence. So really?

KatyPutTheCuttleOn Mon 30-Sep-13 15:04:33

My youngest once walked into a spiders web full of baby spiders that had recently hatched. To this day I am surprised that the neighbours didn't call social services! Thankfully it was on the front lawn so they all got to see him screaming blue murder for no apparent reason.

SugarHut Mon 30-Sep-13 14:59:52

MrsDavidBowie....YES!!!

Daddy Bastard Long Legs = spiders that can fly. Work of the devil.

Beastofburden Mon 30-Sep-13 14:47:30

Look, honestly they are much more disgusting squashed than alive. Leave the poor little things alone, sheesh.

IhaveNoOpinion Mon 30-Sep-13 13:57:47

<wipes tea and biscuits from the monitor>

Thanks for that Sugar

Ezio Mon 30-Sep-13 13:47:03

I had in my room this morning, i was too tired to worry about it.

Found one in my car between the steering wheel and the roof visor, little fucker.

I have an issue with a fly that keeps stalking me, it wont leave me alone, keeps landing on or near me. Cant get rid of the bastard.

SugarHut Mon 30-Sep-13 13:39:28

I killed one last night. By my usual and preferred method of sneak up and drop an Ugg on it from a height.

It was so big, the legs poked out of either side of the sole.

PumpkinPie2013 Mon 30-Sep-13 13:32:15

I hate them so much!! DH can get them in a glass and put them out so we don't kill them but more still seem to appear all over the bloody house!

I hate finding them if DH is out as I have such a bad irrational phobia of them that I literally can't do anything with them and really panic. This is where neighbours tend to come in useful smile mine are great and don't mind being called upon to get rid of spiders!

ubik Mon 30-Sep-13 13:27:37

Our cats chase them and eat them proving there is some use for the lazy bastards. They then try and sit on your lap with the spider's legs hanging out if their mouths.

soverylucky Mon 30-Sep-13 13:23:55

I got some citronella oil, diluted with water and sprayed round the skirting boards. touch wood - we haven't had one for over a week now! (Will probably get loads this evening now I have put that down)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now