Men who post sleazy shit about their sex lives.

(89 Posts)
WorldPeaceAndFreeProsecco Sun 29-Sep-13 21:19:20

There's no need.

I actually find it really disturbing. Mn is populated by mainly women and some lovely men. So I find something quite, I don't know, creepy? Intimidating? Off, anyway, about men who want to tell us all about their seckshual adventures.

I'd like to invite them to stop.

Also, and this is less annoying but I'll add it so it's all one big ranty op, men who prefix their posts with 'speaking as a man' or similar and then go on to post something completely unrelated to the fact they are a bloke. it reminds me of monkeys swinging their dicks around to assert their dominance.

Aibu?

I know I'm not, but I am tired and ratty and have low tolerance levels today.

ArtexMonkey Sun 29-Sep-13 22:27:31

I agree op.

The yoni massage thing wasn't just an overdone, beaten to death hilarious joke, it was a purportedly real man, who joined up with the seemingly sole purpose of trying to finger women.

However, I do agree that for every (male) nobhead who is a blatant wank troll, there are a gaggle of (female) daft ha'porths who cannot resist gormlessly oversharing to the point of making baby Jesus cry.

AnaisHendricks Sun 29-Sep-13 22:28:19

Thank you Sheshelob

I wonder if we should have a MN Everyday Sexism Project?

On one of the main boards.

I remember a thread about rape and sexual assault taking off so massively that it led to I Believe You.

Sheshelob Sun 29-Sep-13 22:33:04

We should because it is something so many of us are still uncomfortable acknowledging.

My most recent example happened yesterday.

I was dressed up for an event and suddenly realised I was visible to men no longer looked like a bag lady from space. I was with my husband and my toddler and yet still some smirking cockend had to leer at me and then shriek along with his mates when I had to walk past them twice.

The sad thing is that as a younger woman, I would have been flattered by the attention. Now I just want to tear their fucking eyes out for making me feel so self-conscious and objectifying me while I was with my baby.

AnaisHendricks Sun 29-Sep-13 22:38:01

How horrible!

OP would you like to start a separate one given that the idea came from your thread?

contortionist Sun 29-Sep-13 22:38:18

Speaking as a man, I find men who insert sexual references into every conversation they have with women sleazy and weird whether online or not.

AnaisHendricks Sun 29-Sep-13 22:41:28

contortionist thank you. My DH wanted to post the same thing.

Sheshelob Sun 29-Sep-13 22:42:06

Exactly,

NotDead Sun 29-Sep-13 22:43:10

biscuit

FreudiansSlipper Sun 29-Sep-13 22:43:15

great idea

it is so ingrained in our society that it has become the norm

i can remember putting me head down and hoping i would not be noticed when i was young and walking past a group of men

just because you want to look nice does not mean you want men making vile comments, leering at you or coming on to you

FreudiansSlipper Sun 29-Sep-13 22:44:03

contortionist i am glad to hear that and i know many men like you

AnaisHendricks Sun 29-Sep-13 22:45:48

"Cheer up luv, it might never happen"

angry

Say that to an angry or miserable-looking six foot bloke, I dare you!

BoneyBackJefferson Mon 30-Sep-13 06:51:38

AnaisHendricks
"Yes. Mainly by their male partners."

I would love to know where you get you stats from.

saintmerryweather Mon 30-Sep-13 07:06:44

this isnt your cosy little corner of the internet, and you arent out in a club with your mates. anyone can post here almost whatever they want. if you dont like it either report it or dont read it

this isnt your cosy little corner of the internet, and you arent out in a club with your mates. anyone can post here almost whatever they want. if you dont like it either report it or dont read it

^ ^ this.

The report button is there for a reason. Utilise it and move on.

TiggyD Mon 30-Sep-13 07:23:41

Maybe we need a sleazy shit forum?

There are all different kinds of trolls who come on this site. It's really overthinking it to give more credit to these ones over any of the others. If you're asking men not to post about their sex life because it offends your delicate sensibilities, YABU. If you're starting a thread about one troll that you've seen lately, and are trying to make a bigger deal out of it than it is, YABU. If you're moaning instead of using the report button, YABU.

Lazyjaney Mon 30-Sep-13 07:30:03

When correctly viewed, everything is lewd.....

Sheshelob Mon 30-Sep-13 08:39:12

It isn't about being offended or shocked or wanting a cosy corner of the Internet. It is about drawing a line and saying that it isn't acceptable, which given the amount of "in defence of the creeps" posts there have been, is absolutely required.

Running to the moderator doesn't fix this shit. They keep coming back. So why not show some solidarity with others who are fucked off with it? Why can they have freedom to say whatever they want but we have to be silenced?

candycoatedwaterdrops Mon 30-Sep-13 09:00:22

If there are creeps, report them but bear in mind, freedom is speech is allowed.

Lazyjaney Mon 30-Sep-13 09:04:58

Seems to me one small bunch of nutters want to shut up another small bunch of nutters on a public chat forum. That'll work...

Sheshelob Mon 30-Sep-13 09:10:18

Nutters?

Why does saying that I don't being sleazed on in a parenting forum - or anywhere - make me a nutter?

Should I just be grateful for the attention, Janey?

confused

Sheshelob Mon 30-Sep-13 09:10:57

My tinfoil hat is obviously impairing my ability to type.

MrsGeologist Mon 30-Sep-13 09:29:01

Yes OP, it's a free internet, people can say what they want, so shut up.

grin wink

Ahem, what sheshelob said.

TiggyD Mon 30-Sep-13 09:52:50

And one person's sleaze is another person's free and liberated discussion.

For instance if you were to talk about cuddling up to your partner for a huggle in front of your TV people would think "That's nice". If you were to mention that it was a person of the same gender many people would think "That's sleazy".

digerd Mon 30-Sep-13 09:53:17

Sheshelob
I am an old<ish> dear and do sometimes stand at bus stops. I was subjected to exposers only in my tender teenage years.
Now, if it happened, an old dear would probably say loudly" Hey, your zip is undone and your little willy is sticking out. Put it away before I whack it with my walking stick/shopping bag" grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now