to dress as the doctor?

(24 Posts)
musicwithrocksinit Sun 29-Sep-13 16:09:13

I'm off to go the london Comic-Con next month and want to dress up as the doctor grin I've been without fancy dress and I was in a minority! I want to travel down on the train and this is where the issue is:

My family think this is absolutely toe curling and trustworthy and to get changed in the toilets while I'm there and before I leave.

I'll be wearing a tweed jacket, a pale check shirt, a bow tie, braces , a scared skirt and lace up boots. Apparently this is not fitting behaviour for a teacher and even visiting these things is weird.

AIBU to be a doctorfied maths teacher?

YoniBottsBumgina Sun 29-Sep-13 16:11:00

Oh do it! You might even meet other comic-con goers on the train and get chatting!

ReallyTired Sun 29-Sep-13 16:17:37

Enjoy yourself and dress up as the doctor. If your family complain then tell them that next time you are going to the rocky horror show in fancy dress.

A teacher has the right to behave how they like (provided it is legal) in their own free time as much as anyone! If your family or the pupils or the parents don't like it then its THEIR problem!!!

EduCated Sun 29-Sep-13 16:17:41

It's hardly a gold lamé catsuit wink in current fashions! you really wouldn't look all that out of place on the High St, let alone at Comic Con.

EduCated Sun 29-Sep-13 16:18:09

Rogue ! there. I do apologise.

musicwithrocksinit Sun 29-Sep-13 16:31:31

That's ok then! My family keep exchanging pointed looks, though I'm not a self conscious person (obviously) I'm really looking forward to it!
Anyway, I should look good because...

Bow ties are cool!

cringe

PinkFairyArmadillo Sun 29-Sep-13 16:39:11

Go for it!!

I'm planning on cosplaying when we go see the new Star Wars film blush

I've also just been to the Rocky Horror Show, dressed as Columbia in ripped pyjamas and Mickey Mouse ears grin

You need a fez.

Do it.

And if you were my DS's teacher he would think you were the most brilliant teacher ever wink

holstenlips Sun 29-Sep-13 16:49:20

I have a fez I can post you if you want . Dont want it back

Do it grin

musicwithrocksinit Sun 29-Sep-13 16:49:59

I might consider a fez grin

DameFanny Sun 29-Sep-13 16:51:04

Fezes are cool

MyBoysAreFab Sun 29-Sep-13 16:52:27

I actually think your outfit sounds really cool, but what on earth is a scared skirt?

holstenlips Sun 29-Sep-13 16:53:54

Pm me your address and I will post it tomorrow . I got it in tunisia but I have 2!

ZZZenagain Sun 29-Sep-13 16:55:02

I think we need to know more about the scared skirt before passing final judgement.

Generally though, this is not inappropriate behaviour for a teacher.

Amy106 Sun 29-Sep-13 17:07:21

Go for it and have fun!

IfYouLoveSomebodyLetThemSleep Sun 29-Sep-13 17:08:19

Oh some people are far too uptight!

Just do it, you might look a bit silly but who cares, life is made for silliness. Make sure you wear a big smile on your face and I'm sure you'll end up meeting loads of nice people on the way.

musicwithrocksinit Sun 29-Sep-13 18:25:00

Thanks for your replies guys! Autocorrect fail, a scared skirt is not a skirt that has been press ganged into a dodgy outfit and is worried about looking silly but a skater skirt grin

holstenlips thank you so much I'll pm you

specialsubject Sun 29-Sep-13 18:31:20

I just love your scared skirt. :-)

presumably you don't wear a label that says 'I am a teacher' - and even if you did, who cares?

Bow ties are cool. And so are people who do this kind of thing. Enjoy!

PresidentServalan Sun 29-Sep-13 18:34:06

Go down there in your costume! These events are nerd heaven and there will be loads of like minded people travelling down!

holstenlips Sun 29-Sep-13 19:13:51

Will send asap

MalcolmTuckersMistress Sun 29-Sep-13 19:50:26

The world would be a better place if everyone dressed up as Doctors Who. And I would constantly be aroused!

Can't wait to see what 12 gets. I'd so ride him until one of us dies.

<sigh>

holstenlips Wed 02-Oct-13 23:21:32

Fez sent yesterday! Hope it arrives safe if a little squashed x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now