Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to feel positively evangelical about electronic cigarettes?

(984 Posts)
KatyTheCleaningLady Fri 27-Sep-13 15:07:18

I was reading the AIBU thread about the husband vaping in the house with a newborn. I was struck by the passionate testimonials from former smokers, saying they couldn't have done it without e-cigs. I had tried a puff one of those things that look like a cigarette and was underwhelmed. But I didn't know about the more advanced set ups where you can fill them up with your flavour of choice. Anyway, I was intrigued. I smoked a pack a day for 25 years, and never quit more than a few months at a time, no matter which methods I tried.

nb84 encouraged me to give it a try and told me what to buy to get started.

I ordered a starter kit that night. It arrived the next day and I fell in love. I have three of them, now (one always charging, one near to hand, and one in my purse ready to go) and eight different flavours of the juice.

I don't want to smoke cigarettes any more. I like this better. It tastes really good. It feels good. And it doesn't stink. My hands, clothing, and breath don't reek anymore. I don't have to keep going outside. I don't have to feel like a smelly pariah. My husband can't smell it even when I'm sitting right next to him.

And I don't have to try and not think about the fact that my mother died of cancer after spending her last decade debilitated by emphysema.

And instead of paying £8 a day for fags, I can buy a week's worth of juice for £10. The hardware was less than £20 to get started and will require only £10 a month going forward. Of course, I can spend more. Many people geek out on it as a hobby because the gadgets are fun and constantly improving.

I'm not worried about putting on weight like people usually do when giving up the cancer sticks. In fact, I snack less. I no longer crave sweets. I would normally nibble all day, especially Haribo sweets. I don't want them anymore because I am tasting a bunch of sweet flavours all day long.

I'm so happy that I want to tell everyone - every smoker and everyone who loves a smoker - about it. grin

stillenacht Wed 06-Nov-13 22:41:23

Hi allsmile

No cigs for over a month nowgringrin

Still live my caramel apple pie. Can't seem to find a better one although butterscotch is nice in small amounts and also strawberry milkshakesmile

WTFlike Wed 06-Nov-13 22:57:31

Funny, I would have bit your hand off for the 200 Silk Cut a year ago. Now I'm on one €14 bottle of e-liquid a month. Result!

ilovesooty Netherlands Wed 06-Nov-13 23:11:40

I hope Paradise Vape are back soon. I ordered a itazte VV battery pack. It It has blown me away: I thought my Spinner variable voltage battery was good but this is something else. Absolute bargain at £30 with half a dozen Innokin 16 clearos as well. I'm ordering another when they're up again: not seen it as cheap anywhere else.

WTFlike Wed 06-Nov-13 23:37:51

I ordered my second CE4 off Paradise Vape and it doesn't work. Bit of a job to get them to reply to emails and when they do it's curt one line replies. Not impressed.

magimedi Argentina Thu 07-Nov-13 10:11:49

I'd love to know how much liquid everyone gets through in a week.

I use nearly 2 x 10ml bottles. I only use one flavour (The Sherlock, tobacco flavour) so it's easy for me to tot it up.

Tiredmumno1 Thu 07-Nov-13 11:06:38

WTF have you tried clicking the button a good few times in a row smile sorry if you've already tried that.

I have also had good service off ParadiseVape in the past. I will be tying other places as well though smile.

QueenStromba Thu 07-Nov-13 14:37:40

I probably get through about 30ml in a week. It's really hard to tell though because I've got loads of flavours on the go. I make my own liquid and it works out at about 7p per ml so 30ml is only about £2 worth for me.

Cantabile Thu 07-Nov-13 16:16:39

My new liquids arrived yesterday, 30ml TW Original and 10ml Apple. I shall see how much I've used come next Wednesday morning, and then I'll know

Otherwise, I have no idea! This last week has not been typical as I have only had Plenty's delightful flavours to vape, so I have smoked a lot instead grin. ( But thank you Plenty, I am grateful thanks I would have had nothing otherwise and zoomed straight back onto 50odd? fags a day.)

Funny, it's strange to think I'm not begging for hundreds of Silk Cut either. Weird.

QueenStromba Thu 07-Nov-13 16:29:53

I'm liking the GS-H2 and just ordered the five pack from Amazon. Then I went looking for spare heads and found the clearos for £1.34 - doh! Although the company is in Hong Kong so the postage will take longer (free postage though).

Here are the clearos.

Here's the 1.8 ohm five pack for £2.68 and here's the 2.4 ohm five pack for £3. I'll let you guys know how long they take to turn up and if they're any good.

QueenStromba Thu 07-Nov-13 16:47:51

Ooh - they've got the iTaste for just under £30 - here.

FunnysInLaJardin Thu 07-Nov-13 16:51:12

I think I'll keep the Silk Cut then for when they discover vaping is even worse for you than smoking..................

I'm not sure how much I use but started on my own liquids yesterday and so will know in a week.

QueenStromba Thu 07-Nov-13 16:51:49

I have a feeling that this is where paradise vape and everyone on ebay is getting their stock from.

MaggieMcGill Thu 07-Nov-13 19:34:26

My new dual coil clearos arrived from the Netherlands today along with the pick n mix liquid that the offer you for a euro at the checkout. 18mg Citrus Soda. It sounds promising smile I'm quite happy using my GS-H2's for now, now that they work.

Queen, I ordered new batteries and a few more clearos from that site last week. It'll be interesting to see if they arrive because for some stupid reason I gave them my home address and my work postcode. Doh! It will be a shame if they make it all the way to Scotland only find my local sorting office returns to sender. I did email them once I realised but they had already been shipped.

I have no idea how much liquid I'm using because I keep dabbling with this and that but this week I've stuck to two clearos and I'm refilling them daily. I'm not using them much through the day though, it's mainly at night when I'm home.

My batteries are starting to annoy me, they seem to always need charged. I have 3 on the go and seem to be changing them constantly. Grrr!

It's nice to see some new names joining here smile

ilovesooty Netherlands Thu 07-Nov-13 19:43:05

Maggiewhat capacity of battery are you using? I think basic ones are a false economy and I think a couple of decent variable voltage batteries are a much better idea.

Lyanna, I really like the cinnamon apple flowers It'll be an occasional vape because of the nic content and also because it's very sweet. Useful for days when I don't get many breaks.

Haha Queen, you've discovered FastTech grin When things are running well, you can apparently expect stuff to arrive in around 4 weeks. At the moment, things are not running well! There is a massive delay at Hong Kong Post. My first ever FT order shipped on Oct 22 and hasn't been trackable since then. It feels a bit like gambling really but wow it's cheap! If this order ever arrives I have a lot of items on my wish list to order. Be aware that batteries are sometimes returned by customs though. FT seem to have quite a good reputation for refunds and replacements though, so fingers crossed.

MaggieMcGill Thu 07-Nov-13 20:25:52

Ilovesooty, they are just the bog standard ones. two 900 and one 650.

Aah! Plenty don't say that. It's two batteries I'm waiting on from FT.

QueenStromba Thu 07-Nov-13 20:26:34

I went for a cheap order of the two five packs of atomizers for less than £6 and have now ordered one coil for my vivi novas for a quid. If they never turn up it will be annoying but it's the sort of money I can afford to lose on the chance that it will save me a fortune in atomizers. When I ordered vivi nova atomizers on eBay I got CE4 atomizers so I've been paying £2 an atomizer from liberty flights - they're expensive but reliable.

I've ordered stuff from Hong Kong in the past that has turned up in less than a week so hopefully the postage situation will improve. They say on their website now that they're moving away from using hong kong post for their non US orders so hopefully that'll improve things.

I'm loving the GS-H2s. It's a pain in the arse when you've got a full clearo that needs a coil change. Not so bad with a tankomizer like the vivi nova because you can take the top off and change the coil that way but with the CE4 shape you have to take the bottom off so have to tip the liquid into something else. I also don't see leaking into your mouth being a problem.

ilovesooty Netherlands Thu 07-Nov-13 21:07:33
QueenStromba Thu 07-Nov-13 21:34:38

Let me know how it is ilovesooty. The code is AAEC25 if anyone wants to use it.

MaggieMcGill Thu 07-Nov-13 21:36:46

That looks like the one I've ordered from FT. This is my order but when/if it arrives is another matter grin
3 x Innokin iClear 16 Dual Coil Electronic Cigarette Round Mouth Atomizer (1.6ml) translucent / 2.4 O
1 x EGO-C Twist 1300mAh Variable Voltage Rechargeable Battery silver / 3.2-4.8V
1 x 900mAh USB Rechargeable Battery for EGO E-Cigarette

IamNotLegend Thu 07-Nov-13 21:40:35

Use FB25 code on vapourtine for 25% off your order.

Maggie, I think most batteries do get through, it's just a bit hit and miss. Which dual coil did you get? I've been thinking of getting one. Let us know how you get on.

I think I'm getting through around 20ml a week but it's hard to tell with two of us vaping and all the different flavours we have on the go.

QueenStromba Thu 07-Nov-13 22:19:43

Everyone do please let us know when your FastTech orders come and how long they took to turn up. I'm happy enough with it taking a month for the price. If the coils are good then I'll place another order straight away and then make sure to always order more a month before I'll need them.

WTFlike Thu 07-Nov-13 22:30:57

Tiredmumno1 Thank you! Yes, it worked! There must be some kind of seal or something that needs to be broken.

Now I have to get on to Paradise Vape and tell him to charge me for the replacement he's posted.

I've ordered this - free delivery (+€3.50 Parcel Motel for Rep of Irelanders). www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00EQ7DA46/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

QueenStromba Thu 07-Nov-13 22:47:01

That looks the exact same as the starter pack from paradise vape.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now