To not like myself that much, especially on here

(65 Posts)
SocksinBoots Thu 26-Sep-13 19:34:22

I've just had a cringey look through my old posts (under loads of different usernames) and I think I sound like an arsehole.

I try to respond to new posts and then read back my reply and think "ugh, what a pratt/arsehole/whiner" and then go back to Active Convos.

Calloh Thu 26-Sep-13 19:51:30

Oh me too! I sound so different from who I think of myself as. But then I wonder if I'd sound like a total dick if I had a stenographer following me around all the time?

DioneTheDiabolist Thu 26-Sep-13 19:55:41

It's not you OP, it's the written word. Some people are brilliant at it. I am not one of them.

But here, it's the content, not the flow of the prose that matters. You have something to say. Your comment is as valid as anyone else's. Keep posting.smile

littlewhitebag Thu 26-Sep-13 19:59:11

In real life i think i am witty and smart and i like to banter with my friends and family. But on MN i seem to come across as dull and sensible. I just think i can't translate what i would say into written words.

Portofino Thu 26-Sep-13 20:02:06

I tend to have little patience and think I come across as much worse on line than I ever am in RL.

Bowlersarm Thu 26-Sep-13 20:05:15

Me too. I sound totally humourless. Like a prim and proper dry old stick. I'm not in RL, honestly.

Pagwatch Thu 26-Sep-13 20:07:28

I fret about stuff I write but I feel better having read this because none of ou have struck me in the way you describe yourselves. smile

Perhaps we are all too self critical?

puds11isNAUGHTYnotNAICE Thu 26-Sep-13 20:09:13

I always start writing responses to posts then think 'oh my god I'm boring myself' and delete them.

i do what puds does, always write half a post then delete it and think "why am I writing this, its a load of shite"
I've nearly done it three times writing this post, have made myself finish it!!

elQuintoConyo Thu 26-Sep-13 20:15:02

Nah, you're all a bunch of dullards grin

I'm very funny on MN... in my head!

Reading back my posts I sound unoriginal and waffly, I take a long time to get to the point, by which time three posters have said the same thing more succinctly/wittily etc and I come across as a bit rubbish!

Mintyy Thu 26-Sep-13 20:15:49

Pointless op.

Pagwatch Thu 26-Sep-13 20:19:37

Most of the posts I don't actually post have 'fucking twat' in them.

thebody Thu 26-Sep-13 20:19:44

'say what you see, say what you see' you know like catchphrase. grin

and stop name changing, it's cowardly.grin

JesusInTheCabbageVan Thu 26-Sep-13 20:20:54

What should she have posted, Mintyy? grin

GetStuffezd Thu 26-Sep-13 20:22:25

Pointless op.
Wankerish post

elQuintoConyo Thu 26-Sep-13 20:28:08

Hahaha Mintyy what a gas!

If pointless MN threads were ants, there'd be milions.

Or something.

Mintyy Thu 26-Sep-13 20:30:29

Pointless if she is going to hide in disguise. Obvs.

ShakeRattleNRoll Thu 26-Sep-13 20:32:11

op Treat it as a learning curve, thank you for your honesty

NoelHeadbands Thu 26-Sep-13 20:33:22

Oh I'm a right knobhead on here- always looking for the cheap joke, like some 'I'm mad me' twat. Cringe.

To be fair, I'm a bit like that in RL as well, but I do reign it in a bit more

I like willies

usualsuspect Thu 26-Sep-13 20:37:14

I know I'm a twat on here.

I can't help myself.

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Thu 26-Sep-13 20:40:18

I'm an earnest dullard. In fact, I'd have that as my nn but I think it's taken. < bores off >

Hassled Thu 26-Sep-13 20:40:39

I'm often very pompous. Either pompous or a bit tryhard and earnest. I'm neither in RL.

And yes, it is all about the written word - I'm sure some of the people who come across as wankers don't realise how they are read, IYSWIM, while some people are just able to write in such a way that they're instantly likeable.

elQuintoConyo Thu 26-Sep-13 20:41:09

Oooh, willies... I like them, too.

ErrolTheDragon Thu 26-Sep-13 20:42:10

What's unfair is that some people are never twats envy looking at Dione...even on this thread untwattish.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now