Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To think red hair is not "unprofessional "

(28 Posts)
HelpTheresPooballsInMyBed Thu 26-Sep-13 18:04:46

Obviously I'm not talking about natural gingers grin.

My colleague at work has today been reprimanded by one of the junior managers for having "inappropriate hair colour". It's not pillar box red or anything, more brown with a deep red shine, although obviously not natural, it's not "in your face", it's just purple/red/brown hair! If you're not sure what colour I mean google red purple hair.

JamNan Thu 26-Sep-13 21:09:34

Tell her to wear a funny white wig with a pigtail to work one day and see how she gets on. grin

DejaVuAllOverAgain Thu 26-Sep-13 21:29:05

JamNan grin

I work as a carer for adults with additional needs and I'm not allowed to dye my hair any unnatural colour, eg, purple.

Crowler Fri 27-Sep-13 06:44:15

I work on project management in IT (finance sector) and I'd feel awkward with red hair. As would my boss, I think. There are some fields where I think you have to maintain a pretty conservative appearance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now