to get a mailshot like this and be totally ticked off

(7 Posts)
Ilovemyrabbits Thu 26-Sep-13 15:59:33

It's addressed, seemingly by hand, to 'The Lady of the Household'. It contains a Ladyzone flyer and a huge ad offering 12 sessions for the price of 6 for Love Lipo.

I object really strongly to the link between surgery and health. Now this Lipo is non surgical but still...it strikes me as the wrong message to send. Surely fitness should be about health. Beauty should be separate. Am I wrong to be angry angry ?

17leftfeet Thu 26-Sep-13 16:03:26

So are they saying the lipo will make you healthier then?

Rooners Thu 26-Sep-13 16:17:44

I'd be crosser that they reckon it's only the woman in the house who would want liposuction.

But actually I couldn't be bothered to get cross about it because people who think like that and run that sort of business will never change.

It's such a shower of shite.

RenterNomad Thu 26-Sep-13 17:30:23

Ooh, I think I live near you! We definitely had something similar once. If so, I think it is very much aimed at the ageing generation (another clue: the High Street has at least 2 mobility aids shops), imagining a big division between the sexes (men are too manly to think about their appearance, women are the "lady of the house", etc.)

Ilovemyrabbits Thu 26-Sep-13 18:09:50

I don't know if I was more annoyed with the 'lady of the house' garbage or the 'hey fat fecker...get yourself fit, then get yourself some lipo or else!'. I live in Sheffield. Not sure if that's the same place as you Renter

HeySoulSister Thu 26-Sep-13 18:13:29

Well I guess it's easier to get fit quicker if you weigh less.... I know my running gets better/quicker etc as I've dropped each half stone. But liposuction is a bit drastic!

More fun to lose it by exercising!

RenterNomad Thu 26-Sep-13 18:19:19

Haha, no, I'm darn sarf - who says there's a big language gap between north and south, if there's a Lady to be found in every House, and a Ladyzone in every town centre! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now