If you had LOTS OF money ....

(38 Posts)
poppydoppy Thu 26-Sep-13 13:38:49

Would it be unreasonable to consider sending your child to this school www.rosey.ch/index.html

BuskersCat Thu 26-Sep-13 13:40:16

IMO yes.

TheOrginalPoster Thu 26-Sep-13 13:43:20

I think lots of MN's will object on the ground they have a "chocolate break".

(Sorry couldn't help it with all the packed lunches talk!)

EldritchCleavage Thu 26-Sep-13 13:45:35

I know someone who went there. Didn't give it a massively good write-up, actually (though that was a very long time ago). Letters home asking parents not to land helicopters on the front lawn, apparently.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Thu 26-Sep-13 13:45:48

No not at all, why would it be?

Vajazzler Thu 26-Sep-13 13:48:32

Could you imagine the faff your housekeeper would have keeping that uniform clean grin

Pinkpinot Thu 26-Sep-13 13:49:09

If its right for you and your child why not?
Personally it gives me the shivers

StuntGirl Thu 26-Sep-13 13:50:58

Why wouldn't it? Am I missing something?

You would have to have LOTS of money just to afford the Vanish Crystal White for cleaning the uniform.

poppydoppy Thu 26-Sep-13 13:58:46

Why would it give you the shivers?

Pinkpinot Thu 26-Sep-13 14:06:03

Actually I take that back, I think it's just that photo. The children look too perfect.
The school looks amazing

squoosh Thu 26-Sep-13 14:07:44

The Chalet school never had boys! Disgraceful, I'm writing to Miss Annesley immediately to complain.

Just shy of £54,000 a year to board. My DS would hate it. No time for computer games or slobbing in front of the TV

SugarHut Thu 26-Sep-13 14:09:31

PMSL!!!! If we move to GVA, that's one of our options!!!! Yes, really.

SugarHut Thu 26-Sep-13 14:11:49

Poppy are you over there? Would be nice to have a "normal" MN friend when I'm out there smile

poppydoppy Thu 26-Sep-13 14:13:50

Sorry sugarhut, I'm just dreaming smile

pianodoodle Thu 26-Sep-13 14:17:19

Only if I could go there too!

Leopoldina Thu 26-Sep-13 14:18:13

a girl from my year at school left to go there. She liked the skiing but not much else.

YouTheCat Thu 26-Sep-13 14:19:49

I don't think my dd would go for it.

But then she is 18. She probably would have got expelled/deported anyway for making loud accusations about stealing Jewish gold about the Swiss etc. grin

squoosh Thu 26-Sep-13 14:21:19

I'd imagine that even if your family was pretty wealthy by most people's standards it wouldn't take much to feel like the 'poor kid' in a school like that.

Leopoldina Thu 26-Sep-13 14:22:47

I doubt many of the kids in those photos are the genuine article- the actual intake is likely to be so high kidnap-risk that they don't permit public dissemination of photos...

No, becasue I object to fee paying schools in principle.
I'd also miss my children if they were at boarding school. I'd like them to maybe board somewhere for 2 nights a week though - for a bit of quiet time smile

Chickensoupyum Thu 26-Sep-13 14:25:17

How much are the fees?

DuelingFanjo Thu 26-Sep-13 14:25:42

I wouldn't.

I was thinking about this recently. Why do people send their kids to such expensive schools? Is it so they are among the elite in society? What happens when a child who goes to a school like that ends up just being average?

Also - people who scrimp and save to send their kids to expensive schools - doesn't that just make your child one of the poorest kids in the school and how do you know you can commit to it for years and years? What if half way through you end up having to take your child out? And are you expecting them to go on and earn lots of money as a result of their education?

just some things going through my mind.

Chickensoupyum Thu 26-Sep-13 14:26:16

Just seen it, yes I would.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now