Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To believe I have enemies on Facebook

(34 Posts)
dingit Thu 26-Sep-13 08:24:12

I posted an email from school ( but with no name on it) which added to an ongoing conversation on a school issue. I accept that with hindsight this was wrong, and have been asked to delete it, which indeed I have.

However it must have been a so called friend that reported it, as my settings are totally private, and the post was 2 weeks ago!

I have apologised to school, but what upsets me is who hates me that much to report it? I feel really in comfortable with this, and have deleted the suspects!

I would leave Facebook, but it is useful as communication between parents now both DC are at secondary school.

dingit Thu 26-Sep-13 10:26:20

Funnily enough, it did cross my mind as I posted it, but I thought that removing the teachers name made it ok. Her reply was just a rehash of the original letter sent to everyone, so there was absolutely nothing private there at all! My post was pointing out she hadn't addressed my issues at all! ( although my later comment about her teaching degree in bullshit didn't help blush)

SilverApples Thu 26-Sep-13 10:41:12

So it wasn't just the email then, you put the boot in on the teacher too?
I think that the only consequence for me if I was one of your friends is that I'd regard you as indiscreet and be careful what I allowed you access to.
I have friends that I do like a lot, but they have particular weaknesses that I don't test.
Just brazen it out until the next exciting bit of gossip makes this fade into the past.

dingit Thu 26-Sep-13 10:52:21

Indiscreet, yes. Put the boot in? Didn't say teacher was crap, just that she was skirting the issue. Copying the email was wrong, but saying what I thought wasn't!

I'm getting too gobby in my old age! Off to AGM now, where mulling this over will help me keep my gob shut!

mrsfuzzy Thu 26-Sep-13 11:01:12

don't worry about it, there will always be someone ready to stick the oar in, is this person a real life or a fb 'friend' ?

SilverApples Thu 26-Sep-13 11:32:20

She doesn't know who it was exactly, she has her suspicions...smile
There's nothing they can do to you, OP. You are a grown-up.
There isn't a naughty step that can hold you.

SilverApples Thu 26-Sep-13 11:33:47

If I posted on my FB that a parent had a degree in bullshit, there's be trouble heading my way. grin
I can think it.

Why do you assume it was malicious? It could have just as easily been another parent saying something like "I've seen the e-mail dingit posted on Facebook about the MFL syllabus and wanted to query xyz". But to be honest I'd have been tempted to report you too if you accused someone of having a degree in bullshit - in no way is that on.

NOTHING is private on the internet, and Facebook even less so. NOTHING can be deleted - there's always an archive somewhere. If you wouldn't say it in a crowded place think very carefully whether you should say it at all.

DuelingFanjo Thu 26-Sep-13 13:38:53

limit your posts to certain people?

I recently put a whole lot of people on restricted access and it really makes me feel better.

wish I could do it on here too!

dingit Thu 26-Sep-13 13:50:35

I have learnt my lesson. However my reply to the email told the teacher I thought her reply was bullshit, but more politely than that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now