my ds 7 spend £700 on squirrel nuts

(102 Posts)
Jellybeanz1 Thu 26-Sep-13 07:02:20

We had massive shock when the bills kept coming in on an free ipad game for virtual squirrel nuts. Im delighted to see that on the news this morning that the gaming industry are going to put protection in place by law. We challenged this amount being taken from our account and it was eventually fully recovered ( 2 separate attempts to get it all back). I talked to my db recently and found out his ds had done something similar at young age and he hadn't challenged it. Just wanted to make sure everyone was querying this if it happens to them.

Mckayz Tue 01-Oct-13 11:25:10

I have never worked out how this happens. My iphone and ipad ask for my password everytime I try to buy anything. I have not set anything up that is how they came.

So unless you tell your children your password I don't see how they can run up these bills.

YouHaveAGoodPoint Tue 01-Oct-13 21:33:28

The default factory setting on the iPhone/ipad used to be to ask for a password before a purchase but to NOT ask for it again for any purchases made within the following 15 minutes. It was also set up to ALLOW in-app purchases.

Ios7 default is to always ask for a password and to not allow in app purchases about bloody time

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now