My dh is at Oktoberfest, I am home poorly with 2 poorly kids

(19 Posts)
Lweji Thu 26-Sep-13 10:28:56

Get well soon. thanks

And drop everything you can.

Mr Tumbler is great. smile

right now I could kiss the feet of Mr tumble

I managed, i couldn't bear to ask my friend for money, shes a single mum.

But i'm off to bed as soon as DS has his nap.

Tortoiseonthehalfshell Thu 26-Sep-13 08:05:29

Oh you poor thing. You'll have to call your friend and say no can do - and yes, home day. And when DH comes home, get him to take a day off (carers leave if necc) and take over so you can sleep/recover.

It's awful, isn't it, days like this. Mine travels for weeks on end, so I do understand.

fusspot66 Thu 26-Sep-13 08:04:51

Or ask.your bad knee friend to taxi round for school.run and split the cost.

fusspot66 Thu 26-Sep-13 08:03:32

Tell.your school there's d and v in the house re kids absence. Ask.mum to come. If it takes half a day to get to you its still.the cavalry on the horizon.

fusspot66 Thu 26-Sep-13 08:01:14

Keep them home. Put the telly on and throw them toastfor breakfast lunch and tea. Tell your friend sorry.no can do.

I just got iller (if there is such a word) around midnight I got V&D on top of the stinking cold. I was sick several times in the night and feel so awful. I'm say here crying, how am i supposed to cope with this? I have school run in half an hour and nobody is dressed. I'm supposed to be working tomorrow and the weekend. I lose money If I don't.

I cant call my Mum to come as shes 45 minutes away and doesn't drive, dad is at work. I'm supposed to be picking up my dear friends daughter for school this morning too because i'm helping her out as she hurt her knee yesterday and get her dd to school. She's the one i'd normally call to help me out.

Amy106 Wed 25-Sep-13 23:57:08

I hope you and your dc are feeling better soon. Try to get some sleep. He can take care of the kids when he has sobered up so you can get better faster.

Lweji Wed 25-Sep-13 23:15:04

Take a day off as soon as you can after he's back and leave him with the children. smile

marienbadmadsad Wed 25-Sep-13 23:14:17

I am not expressing myself well.My experience was that I wwas forced to enjoy myself and had no opportunity to contact my friends/sister.And it is vile being ill with responsibility for the children.

he's just phoned im assuming he's ok but he was slurring so badly, trying to pretend he wasn't that drunk to me. ha. then we got cut off.

i need sleep i have a feeling ds will have me up very soon.

marienbadmadsad Wed 25-Sep-13 22:59:41

I was forced to go to Oktoberfest when I was an exchange student.i remember Mass being broadcast over loudspeakers and fizzy pills put in jugs of beer and horrific white sausage (Weisswurst?) with a mustard that my host family called kindershieser oh yes and I became a vegetarian when I returned to England and released two weeks of constipation.Please enjoy yourself in his absence x

Lweji Wed 25-Sep-13 22:50:56

LTB. grin

sorry, just had to

Seriously, I would be worried too, but it's probably all fine.
Do you know which hotel he's in?
Do you have other contacts?

bludgerwitch Wed 25-Sep-13 22:43:27

Get him to bring a Lebkuchenherz saying 'Schatzi' on it and some sweets. If these customers are as difficult as they sound he might not get a chance to text you, or if he's in a tent then there's no chance he'd hear the phone going.

he'll be back on friday. I work the weekend so no recovery time for me.

he was chucked out of the festival at 6pm. he's not there anymore, i haven't heard from him since.

Retroformica Wed 25-Sep-13 22:35:52

I expect he is tipsy enjoying the fest. Go to bed early with a hot water bottle and a good book. When will he be back? Maybe he can look after the kids for the weekend while you recover?

and I am hugely resentful.

It's a work thing, he had to go, schmoozing some customers.

The timing of this horrible cold couldn't be helped.

But right now I'm soo bloody resentful toward him I know i'm being unreasonable.

He's also "gone missing" after texting me at 6pm to say the people he's with got chucked out for fighting. That's quite some going and not my DH's style at all. I haven't been able to get hold of him since.

I suppose I should be worried but I have been up to baby DS 5 times who keeps waking himself coughing and I can barely swallow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now