to be absolutely fucking livid at this Halloween costume from Asda?

(342 Posts)

This apparently is what a "mental patient" looks like. The description is as follows:

Everyone will be running away from you in fear in this mental patient fancy dress costume. Comprising of a torn blood stained shirt, blood stained plastic meat cleaver and gory facemask it’s a terrifying Halloween option

hmm

What. The. Fuck. Mental health stigma is definitely alive and kicking at Asda, it seems!

ThePuffyShirt Wed 25-Sep-13 21:37:35

Is it for real? I can't find it on their website, only on the link. Looks like a hoax.

girliefriend Wed 25-Sep-13 21:37:48

shock

Seriously ???

Doyouthinktheysaurus Wed 25-Sep-13 21:38:29

OMG that is fucking outrageousshock

My god, I am honestly speechless!

Fuck, I'm an RMN and I'm really offended, what a horrid, vile depiction of people with a mental illness. It's like we've stepped back in time a couple of centuries!

I rarely go to Asda anyway, but they will see none of my business now!

iago Wed 25-Sep-13 21:39:10

Plus, even worse, it's comprising, not comprising of...wink

carolmillen Wed 25-Sep-13 21:40:08

Sorry I think it is a hoax. The web address is different from the standard Asda one and that item is not on their website.

ThePuffyShirt Wed 25-Sep-13 21:40:34

It's definitely a hoax, imo.

needaholidaynow Wed 25-Sep-13 21:40:53

Ooh dear.

Quangle Wed 25-Sep-13 21:41:10

maybe that's why the tab says something different to the content of the page.

I clicked on the link, then opened a new page to go and search for it on the Asda website. A search doesn't find it, but it does show as "previously viewed" at the bottom of the page, so looks like it is genuine sad

weddingballs Wed 25-Sep-13 21:43:49

What do you mean by hoax? Do you mean the site has been hacked? It's their site

I went to the Asda website - it came up as "recently viewed". The "demandware" bit of the web address comes up if you enter a search term.

I thought it was a hoax too, until I went to the main site. sad

It's a hoax

There's another one with a Jimmy Saville costume on

Oh what japes hmm

FrightRider Wed 25-Sep-13 21:44:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Kleptronic Wed 25-Sep-13 21:45:13

I think that's the mobile site. Here's the full George website version link.

Alisvolatpropiis Wed 25-Sep-13 21:45:15

That's outrageous.

ThePuffyShirt Wed 25-Sep-13 21:46:55

I like the Edward Scissorhands costume. Ds is having a hallowe'en sleepover party. I might get that for dh to wear to terrify the kids.

Catnap26 Wed 25-Sep-13 21:47:27

Oh dear...not good!!!

pigletmania Wed 25-Sep-13 21:49:21

I clicked on op link and added t to my basket, just to see, yes you can order it, so must be there somewhere. Big cock up from Asda, just rename it

carolmillen Wed 25-Sep-13 21:49:58

If I go to the Asda site without using one of the links, I can't find the item????

WorraLiberty Wed 25-Sep-13 21:50:00

So is it a hoax or not?

Either way, it's fucking disgusting!

Looks like they've stopped it appearing on the main site, but not removed the page for it. So it's definitely real, legit links, they've just disabled it in the search results.

carolmillen Wed 25-Sep-13 21:52:39

I'm not convinced this is genuine unless I can find the item on the website. Either way, it is disgusting WorraLiberty - either on the part of Asda or a hoaxer (if it is a hoax)

I really hope it's a hoax.. But the fact that it comes up as previously viewed when you open the Asda site in a new window, and that you can add it to your basket, suggests otherwise.

TotemPole Wed 25-Sep-13 21:53:29

direct. asda.com /on/demandware.store/Sites-ASDA-Site/default/Product-Show?pid=G004314909*

It is on the genuine asda site. The part of the url to the left of the first single forward slash is the domain. Everything to the right is the directories.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now