Cat Shit Wars

(71 Posts)
DidYouSmashHerShireHorses Wed 25-Sep-13 18:55:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LokiTheCynicalCat Wed 25-Sep-13 19:00:25

Supersoaker from the kitchen window.

Be vigilant. Be stealthy. Be relentless.

Jellybeanz1 Wed 25-Sep-13 19:01:53

Unfortunately cats will shit where they want to. Ive been told orange peel works. There is also a can of F** OFF Cat spray you can buy. Chase it off everytime you see it in your garden. Or get a dog, but then you'll be picking up that Shit.

tripecity Wed 25-Sep-13 19:02:51

infra red sonar things are the only thing that worked here, and I tried everything. If you dont mind going out every day, then sprinkle vinegar, but I soon got tired of that, bought a infra red thingy which works just great. No more picking up other peoples cats shits, which is nice

EndoplasmicReticulum Wed 25-Sep-13 19:04:35

Get a cat of your own. Get a big tough one.

It will frighten all the other cats away, and cats don't tend to shit in their own gardens.

PAsSweetOrangeLurve Wed 25-Sep-13 19:05:51

Even better, get a dog grin

ShakeRattleNRoll Wed 25-Sep-13 19:07:15

The which magazine gave the thumbs up to the sonar things which are £20 a pop.We have been using moth balls lately and they have been working.If you manage to squeeze water onto a cat it's very unlikely they will come back.Try brambles on the flower beds or get a dog.Good luck they will drive you around the bend but be persistant u will win.

TootsFroots Wed 25-Sep-13 19:14:48

I bought two of THESE motion activated scarecrows from Amazon. They both work brilliantly and I now have a cat free garden. I have had them a couple of years. The Amazon reviews give advice on setting them up.

They are not frost proof but the cats seem to have learnt to stay away even during the winter.

The only problem we have is that we keep forgetting we have them and end up getting squirted blush.

They are currently £35 which is as cheap as they seem to get. SEE HERE

quoteunquote Wed 25-Sep-13 19:16:05

You need to go on the David Austin website, buy lots and lots of rambling and climbing roses (Paul's himalayan musk) , plant all round the edge, they will soon provide a really good cat barrier,

add all the coffee grounds you have , to all the beds, they don't like them( but the roses do), citronella essential oil on tea bags help, scatter around beds,

find someone with a holly hedge/tree, ask if you can prune, and or pick up the dropped leaves, mulch all the beds with holly,

If you put in a sprinkler system, with heads all over the garden, and put motion sensors, they will go else where, just remember to turn off the sensors before you go into the garden.

If you install the sprinklers, because they are so constant, unlike yourself with a supersoaker, they do solve the problem.

fluffandnonsense Wed 25-Sep-13 19:19:44

Hosepipe!!! Enough said wink

I have two cats and always tell the neighbours to just blast them with water. They hate it but it won't hurt them.

Endo's suggestion is even more effective though wink

ShakeRattleNRoll Wed 25-Sep-13 19:37:37

If you put lion turd down cats hate the smell of it but it absolutely stinks and is worse than cat poo rofl

Also put something very cat friendly elsewhere - so maybe some Catnip in the front garden - or the grass verge opposite so the cat is attracted elsewhere.

phantomnamechanger Wed 25-Sep-13 19:43:49

you can get lion poo pellets called silent roar or something

getting a bloke to pee in the garden is also supposed to work (make him do it under cover of darkness!) - my friend swears by this, then again maybe she just does not want her DH peeing all over the loo seat grin

tip I heard on here - inflate a small balloon and bury it in the area they like to use - next time they scrat about to cover their poop "POP"

foslady Wed 25-Sep-13 19:45:52

My ndn has one in her back garden and it definitely works - my cat doesn't even attempt now!

Get a motion activated water sprinkler. Or if you have time the hosepipe or a water gun could be fun! (I have cats but a bit of water won't hurt)

foslady Wed 25-Sep-13 19:46:45

Oh for crying out loud! My ndn has one of the sonic ones in her back garden.............

I'm laughing at the balloon poop pop, well a cat would certainly shit itself if that happoened grin

ShakeRattleNRoll Wed 25-Sep-13 19:48:05

Next time you get a cat poo put it in a polystyrene container like what you get chips in then take it to your neighbour and tell her that you found it in your garden and tell her not to do it again.Keep the turd then go back with the same turd each time you find a new turd in the garden .Say to her each time I thought i told you to stop doing this. HTH good luck

You could hide them everywhere, like little balloon landmines!

RandomMess Wed 25-Sep-13 19:49:56

I have cats.

Absolutely super soaker/water etc etc

ifyourehoppyandyouknowit Wed 25-Sep-13 19:50:48

Water pistol, or hose pipe. Keep at it.

If you get your own cat it will keep other cats out of your garden & your cat will poo elsewhere too!

Hedgehogparty Wed 25-Sep-13 19:53:27

I have a similar problem, last year the smell was so bad we couldnt open windows......
Lots of ground cover plus plenty of holly has helped me.

If you get your own cat it will keep other cats out of your garden & your cat will poo elsewhere too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now