AIBU about my DP eating my special stuff?

(84 Posts)
volestair Mon 23-Sep-13 15:34:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TigerBabyyy Mon 23-Sep-13 15:38:51

Yanbu

I wouldnt sit there and seethe, i would definatly bollock him for it

MrsGSR Mon 23-Sep-13 15:40:04

I don't think you're being unreasonable, but I might be biased! I'm visiting my dad in Devon next month and plan to come home with a cool box full of laver, hogs pudding and hockings ice cream. If DH eats more than his fair share I will not be impressed!

Lovecat Mon 23-Sep-13 15:41:06

I'm really wondering what this stuff is!

No, YANBU. I would be furious.

tywysogesgymraeg Mon 23-Sep-13 15:41:26

My DH does that kind of thing all the time - drives me mad!! For example, he will slather on some of the very expensive moisturiser I've bought, and that I use sparingly. I hide things now!

squoosh Mon 23-Sep-13 15:42:13

There's no point seething as he probably won't have a clue that he's annoyed you. Just tell him 'Darling that pickled lamb's bumhole is my very favourite snack and you know I can't get it in the shops so please don't scoff it'.

TheAwfulDaughter Mon 23-Sep-13 15:43:26

Do you come from Royston Vasey

Pobblewhohasnotoes Mon 23-Sep-13 15:44:34

What is this 'special stuff'? Is it legal? Ha

VanitasVanitatum Mon 23-Sep-13 15:45:21

Definitely not BU! If he loved it too then fair enough. Does he know how much you love it though? Maybe he just didn't really think..

Aniseeda Mon 23-Sep-13 15:49:23

YANBU, that would upset me too.

I once bought myself a box of expensive and unusual chocolates.

I wouldn't so much have minded DH having his fair share of them but he wolfed them down so fast they didn't touch the sides and he can have barely tasted them let alone savoured them as I was doing.

I seethed.

I hide stuff like that now. Back of the salad drawer or inside an empty box of something no one else will bother with. It's the only way!

Beastofburden Mon 23-Sep-13 15:51:19

tell him to get onto the interweb and find you a source of said foodstuff delivered to your door to replace what he has scoffed.

EroticTebbit Mon 23-Sep-13 15:52:35

I am like this about Staffordshire Oatcakes.

DH knows better. Also, I bring him back Jaffa Cakes at the same time as all the stuff I like so he can eat those instead.

BTW my rule is that you can't get annoyed about stuff you don't ask for. Tell him you are upset and would rather he ate something else.

Ledkr Mon 23-Sep-13 15:54:31

Yrs I'd be fuming. Dh has no concept of eating the nice stuff sparingly. I bought posh orange juice last week after reading about the yucky concentrates.
He was drinking it in huge glassfuls as if it were squash!
I think he drank most of it.
I'm not buying it again.

volestair Mon 23-Sep-13 15:56:11

fancyabakeoff Mon 23-Sep-13 15:59:13

EroticTebbit

My husband is the same about oatcakes as he is from there but I have just discovered that they now sell them in my local Tesco! (South Wales)

volestair Mon 23-Sep-13 16:02:26

Yanbu. I'm vegan, so I buy vegan goodies once in a while. My exdp ate a whole box of vegan chocolate shortbread, my chocolate and other stuff in one sitting (when I was asleep). He didn't understand why I was upset!

crazykat Mon 23-Sep-13 16:10:04

My dad was in the army so I grew up overseas and I miss a lot of Te food I used to eat as a child. I've recently found a company that import it but its expensive with delivery. Luckily DH can't stand any of it but I'd be mad too if he ate loads of it.

I was daft enough to let DCs try it and they love it so I hide it and ration it out mean mummy that I am.

DH loves potted beef but we're in Te north and can get it. You might have already looked but asda sell it and might have it where you are.

WorraLiberty Mon 23-Sep-13 16:20:25

OP have you tried Googling to see if you can buy it online?

Or looking at the packet for contact details?

volestair Mon 23-Sep-13 16:21:15

VanitasVanitatum Mon 23-Sep-13 16:23:16

Potted dog?!?

Definitely tell him, it doesn't have to seem petty if you just explain that it's something you really like and you'd rather he didn't eat lots of it when he doesn't like it that much. Just say you're gutted that it's all gone because you so rarely get it, and you didn't realise he had started to like it that much, should you buy enough for two next time?

YANBU my DP devoured a load of my gluten free stuff last week. There was plenty of his own wheaty stuff in too, and of course I can't eat that! Grrrrr. angry

BuskersCat Mon 23-Sep-13 16:27:09

I hate potted dog! DD loves it and practically eats a whole jar when we go to mils

purrpurr Mon 23-Sep-13 16:29:46

OP have you considered relocating? grin

(Potted dog - that was an autocorrect, right? Only it went from potted beef to dog really quickly... Sure it's not potted human?)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now