to buy DS a pink bunnies baby chair?

(23 Posts)
WestieMamma Mon 23-Sep-13 10:50:33

This one

On account of it working out at half the price of the non-pink bunnies one? (Once delivery is factored in).

SpockSmashesScissors Mon 23-Sep-13 10:58:18

Why not, looks nice and colourful to me.

Although if you want the blue, mothercare have it here in the sale £41, delivery £3 or collect in store for free.

WestieMamma Mon 23-Sep-13 11:31:18

I love the frog one but unfortunately I'm not in the UK so it would be £41 + £35 delivery. Amazon will deliver the pink for free. sad

FeckOffCup Mon 23-Sep-13 12:23:03

Pink won't make his willy fall off will it? I doubt your DS will care either way.

WinningBread Mon 23-Sep-13 12:26:11

I think its great for a boy. Why would it not be?

I don't think he can catch the gay from it. grin

WestieMamma Mon 23-Sep-13 12:29:34

It's more down to being worried about what other people think. I know, I know, I shouldn't care. But everyone already thinks I'm weird, I don't want to give them more ammunition. But on the other hand nobody ever comes round my house anyway so they'd never know.

jellybeans Mon 23-Sep-13 13:03:43

Go for it. My boys had pink. Had their nails painted. One son had a mermaid dress up costume and dolls pram. All colours for boys and girls in my opinion. If people have a problem they are pretty sad these days....

GhoulWithADragonTattoo Mon 23-Sep-13 13:19:02

My DS had a pink pushchair. Admittedly it was handed down from DD but I don't think it's a big issue. My DS and DD fight over who will have pink stuff in our house...

Scholes34 Mon 23-Sep-13 13:22:18

It being pink isn't a reason not to buy it, but do you have a car seat? Won't that serve the same purpose?

Tavv Mon 23-Sep-13 13:25:59

It looks great, go for it!

MyMelody Mon 23-Sep-13 13:32:04

well my baby dd had a blue one, so I don't see why a baby boy shouldn't have a pink one, as others have said he won't be bothered, and it looks nice anyway smile

froken Mon 23-Sep-13 13:32:54

Yanbu to buy a pink chair, you are possibly being unreasonable to buy a new chair, babies grow out of these so fast that there are tons of second hand ones that look brand new and are really really cheap smile

Ds had a lovely pink one which cost a couple of pounds smile

Feminine Mon 23-Sep-13 13:33:24

I think you could find one cheaper.

Its nice though, and perfect for a boy also.

absentmindeddooooodles Mon 23-Sep-13 13:36:11

My ds is currwntly strutting round the front room with pink pjs and a frilly pinny on asking each and every teddy/doll/animal if they " would lile a cup of tea love?"
and then running them over with a tractor
I wouldnt worry. Ive always used girls and boys bits for him. Hes such a boys boy, obsessed with cars etc, bit also loves pink and glitter. Kids dont care what sex it was meant for smile

SpockSmashesScissors Mon 23-Sep-13 13:58:04

I love the frog one but unfortunately I'm not in the UK so it would be £41 + £35 delivery. Amazon will deliver the pink for free.

Go for the pink then, I definitely would, DS won't care and neither will anyone else, honestly I'm not sure I'd even notice.

WestieMamma Mon 23-Sep-13 15:07:59

Super. I'll get the pink one then.

Froken I'd get a cheaper second hand one if I could find one but it's not so easy where I am.

Scholes, his carseat is a fixed one. He's outgrown the infant one despite having only just turned 5 months.

MrsDeVere Mon 23-Sep-13 16:41:04

DS's 3 & 4 had loads of pink stuff and still do.
Pink buggies etc.
That chair looks lovely.

MrsGarlic Mon 23-Sep-13 16:56:59

Honestly, I'd say don't bother. We have that same chair. We used it a lot until he could sit (around 5 months) and now it sits in his bedroom unused. We will use it again when he's a toddler but for now he doesn't want to sit down, he just wants to crawl everywhere. It was a fab purchase as he used to sleep in it BUT if your son is now 5 months I doubt he will get enough use out of it to justify the price TBH.

froken Mon 23-Sep-13 17:22:45

I agree with mrsgarlic about the small amount of use you might get out of it. I don't think they are safe once a baby can sit up as it is only a lap harness.

What about a baby nest instead? That way you might be able to use it for longer smile

WestieMamma Mon 23-Sep-13 17:52:13

Hmm, now I don't know what to do. Will google baby nest.

froken Mon 23-Sep-13 17:59:06

Or a jumperoo might be fun! I only found out about jumperoos once my ds was too grown up to get lots of time enjoying it but he tried a friend's jumperoo and he loved it!

PurplePidjin Mon 23-Sep-13 18:04:49

I don't give a shiny shit what colour my ds has.

But i was chatting to the nice lady in Kiddicare the other day and apparently they make the pink ones cheaper to make people buy it, thus perpetuating the "pink for girls" bollocks.

I will be choosing gender neutral colours from now on just to make sure the companies get hit by the message where they might listen - in the pocket!

MummyCoolski Mon 23-Sep-13 18:11:07

WestieMamma I was about to sell the frog one (good condition) on eBay. DM me if you're interested in buying it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now