To tell dp to get a grip and grow up

(132 Posts)
Joanne279 Mon 23-Sep-13 08:14:02

Seriously, I'm fuming.

This argument started last night when my ex (dad to dd1 and ds 2) dropped the kids home after a weekend at his.

My dp didn't like the way he glanced up a few times at the window at him (our lounge is on the middle floor on over 3 stories)

After the kids came upstairs, he flipped threatening to punch kids dad if he did it again. Kids were in the room. I went MENTAL! You can have your opinion but don't spout it infront of the kids!!!! Ever!!!!

He thought I was supporting ex and just got worse and worse. I went to bed at 8 to give him chance to cool off, me too as well. Thought we could talk I'm the morning once chilled.

His attitude is even worse this morning and when questioned over saying things in front of the kids he said 'so' !!!!!!!

I've told him to get a grip as my kids come over him any day off the week (we also have dd3 together) but I'm not having his sarcastic shit infrin of them. It's alot tbh. Stuff like 'yay it's daddy birthday' followed by 'like I care'

It's their dad and the end of the day. What me him or anyone else thinks can be said in private.

The ex's new girls friends mum dropped dd1 coat off at 9 last night and he went mental. I thought it was very grown up to visit my house to ensure a child had her coat for school.

Urgh. Is it me or does he need to get a grip? X x x

Whoknowswhocares Mon 23-Sep-13 10:12:29

Cross post.
That's a result, she hasn't been dim enough to marry you yet.
New prize.
You will get to 'look' at her new partner funny when you drop off your kid at their love nest house

KellyElly Mon 23-Sep-13 10:14:20

Joanne, if this is real, you have swopped one dickhead for another, love. << This!

Hopasholic Mon 23-Sep-13 10:22:12

Your poor children sad

OP you need to get shut of this abusive man. He still thinks he has the right to behave as he did. It's not normal behaviour. It's not good for the children and you need to concentrate on yourself and them.

How can people do this to children? It's disgusting.

Take a long hard look at yourselves and grow the fuck up.

gamerchick Mon 23-Sep-13 10:23:44

Wonder how long it'll take this thread to go poof.

You both need a shake. I feel really sorry for those kids having to put up with it.

ParsleyTheLioness Mon 23-Sep-13 10:30:21

When you start blending families, life gets very complicated. Can't be helped. You need to suck it down OP's partner, have a long conversation about it WITH HER NOT US and grow a pair.

Buzzardbird Mon 23-Sep-13 10:39:35

Jeez OP, I don't envy you one little bit. How old are they 12? FFS

YoureBeingADick Mon 23-Sep-13 10:53:53

Hands up who thinks joannes manchild has taken control of the computer/iphone and wont let her come back on incase she starts listening to what people are telling her?

Buzzardbird Mon 23-Sep-13 10:54:48

\ll/

IShouldNotBeHere Mon 23-Sep-13 10:55:03

[raises hand]

SilverApples Mon 23-Sep-13 10:56:05

Buzzard, that just looks like a cunt to me.

Buzzardbird Mon 23-Sep-13 10:58:35

...And your point is Ishould? grin

What about \o/, is that better? blush <really didn't mean to look a cunt>

gamerchick Mon 23-Sep-13 10:59:28

Silver you must have seen some odd looking cuts in your time grin

\o/

gamerchick Mon 23-Sep-13 11:00:18

*cunts I hate this phone.

Joanne279 Mon 23-Sep-13 11:00:48

Omg everyone I am so so sorry. I can't bring myself to read all the comments. I'm sorry if he's had a rant at anyone.

He's just left and told me he want nothing to do with me.

I'm so embarrassed sad xxx

Joanne279 Mon 23-Sep-13 11:02:31

I went out to Asda and cams back to this. He handed me the baby and walked out x

YoureBeingADick Mon 23-Sep-13 11:02:46

Read the comments! Really- you need to- good that he's left . Saves you having to make him leave- run with this. Change locks- pack his bags, take his name off any bills and get on with your life. And raise your standards.

(((Hugs))) wink

AnyFucker Mon 23-Sep-13 11:02:52

Sounds like a good result, tbh. Don't chase after the manchild.

Buzzardbird Mon 23-Sep-13 11:03:46

I think that might be a bonus Joanne but I am sorry you are getting so much shit in your life. I would imagine that he is just thoroughly ashamed? I hope.

SilverApples Mon 23-Sep-13 11:04:32

Hazards of being a folklorist, gamer. I was impressed, buzzard, not critical. grin

KellyElly Mon 23-Sep-13 11:05:11

Change the locks! You don't have anything to be embarrassed for. He sounds like a very immature man and you really need to evaluate your relationship with him.

SilverApples Mon 23-Sep-13 11:05:33

Double bonus OP, you get rid of him and his mother in one fell swoop.

Buzzardbird Mon 23-Sep-13 11:05:37

grin

BrokenSunglasses Mon 23-Sep-13 11:05:45

He's embarrassed that you and your children are no longer the only people that know how immature and pathetic he is, so he's taki no his anger out on you.

He's done you a favour by going. Take this as your opportunity to be a good mother who will protect her children from people who will damage them.

gamerchick Mon 23-Sep-13 11:10:13

Yanno as soon as he's got to where he's going he's going to be straight back on here to see what you've said OP.

It might be worth asking for it to be deleted if it worries you. He's bound to be smarting a bit being told off by the Internet.

lunar1 Mon 23-Sep-13 11:10:49

Don't be embarrassed. Use this as an opportunity to bring your children up in a loving family without any abusive men in your life. They deserve more than this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now