Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

Aibu to think i have the best mil in the world...

(52 Posts)
londonrach Sun 22-Sep-13 18:56:18

Came back late from holiday last night or this morning if correct. Before going on holiday we moved flats and everything in boxes, were really stressed etc. Walked into new flat at after 2am this morning to find the washing basket empty, washing was washed, ironed and put away, boxes emptied and my favourite bits and pieces out, the fridge full of food as was the fruit bowl, the bed changed, the whole place vacuumed and clean, two new rugs on the floor, new plants, 4 new glasses(with a little letter apologies for buying them and hoped okay) and best of all a bottle of wine in the fridge and my fav but never bought as not paying 5.50 for 6 cakes even if fiona cane made them waiting for us......sent mil about five texts as i explored the flat which i left as a flat and came back to a home.....is there best mil awards.....if so i have a clear winner..

mumof5plusazoo Sun 22-Sep-13 18:58:53

envy
You are so lucky, I hope you had a lovely holiday as well.

RandomMess Sun 22-Sep-13 18:59:54

Lovely lovely lovely smile

Theas18 Sun 22-Sep-13 19:01:19

fabulous! That is so lovely of your mil

Earthymama Sun 22-Sep-13 19:01:47

Lovely to hear this as a MIL myself.

Though my SonIL made a wasp sting me today so I don't know he thinks I am that lovely a MIL!!

Shellywelly1973 Sun 22-Sep-13 19:02:43

Im jealous...!

BigBirthdayGloom Sun 22-Sep-13 19:05:38

You have an amazing mil, yes. Remember though, it's a relationship. For every person who reacts like you there could well be one who thinks it is controlling behaviour. So well done both of you for appreciating and living each other. Fwiw, I've got a fab mil too smile

CatsRule Sun 22-Sep-13 19:05:57

Yabu but only because I'm extremely jealous envy and my mil could win the worst mil award!

Enjoy!

londonrach Sun 22-Sep-13 19:08:29

I am the lucky....she is so special. I love her so much. Got some special presents for her....holiday lovely and just what we needed. Have been working silly hours before leaving and in tears when left and think remember asking mil to make place pretty. She has with bells on and then posted keys through door....am seeing her tomorrow. Huge hug coming her way. Mil's are amazing....an extra mum when you need them.

wispawoman Sun 22-Sep-13 19:08:32

She sounds fabulous, but I am pretty sure someone will be on here complaining that it is intrusive, controlling etc. etc.....

quoteunquote Sun 22-Sep-13 19:09:28

It's really nice, and lovely that you appreciate it.

teacher123 Sun 22-Sep-13 19:13:37

My MIL is also pretty damn fabulous and could probably give you a run for her money-lovely things she has done include:
1) sending DH and I away to London for my birthday weekend, paying for dinner, hotel and theatre tickets and babysitting DS all weekend for us.
2) coming round at 7am to pick DS up to take him to childminders just to make my commute easier
3) cooking me my favourite foods all of the time
4) adoring DS unreservedly
5) EVERYTIME we go on holiday she comes round the afternoon before we get back and leaves a bunch of flowers, a homemade meal and cakes, loaf of bread and some milk on the doorstep in a coolbag so we don't immediately have to traipse to supermarket.

ifyouletmefinish Sun 22-Sep-13 19:15:37

Aww how lovely. Mine is a treasure as well and I feel so lucky to have her.

TweenageAngst Sun 22-Sep-13 19:17:41

I also have a fabulous MIL. Reading some of the stuff on here I think I am really lucky.

HotCrossPun Sun 22-Sep-13 19:18:28

YABU.

I have the best MIL! grin

She is so motherly and lovely and considerate and caring.

I wish she was my mum. <childish sulk>

londonrach Sun 22-Sep-13 19:22:36

Teacher yours sounds good too. I wish id be told told i get an extra mother when i marry. Might have married earlier. I love mine to the moon and back. We have the same goal....to make my husband happy.

londonrach Sun 22-Sep-13 19:24:42

No hotcross i have the best (stomps foot childishly bearing in mind drinking bottle of wine left by best mil award winning...hic)

londonrach Sun 22-Sep-13 19:25:58

Winner not winning.....blaming the wine...

HotCrossPun Sun 22-Sep-13 19:28:27

<steals londons wine>

Livvylongpants Sun 22-Sep-13 19:31:45

No I have the best, I am due today and she has come and cleaned my house, entertained my 2 year old and will be there to hold mine and DHs hand when I give birth, she lives 75 miles away but is staying for as long as we need despite her poor health and the fact she is having major surgery next month

Much love to the lovely MILs

CustardOmlet Sun 22-Sep-13 19:38:47

Also the proud owner of an amazing MIL!

And I know she reads AIBU so will no doubt be in tears with all the love for MIL's (she worries far too much about the MIL hate!)

CoolStoryBro Sun 22-Sep-13 19:41:10

I have an awesome one too. She's COMPLETELY bonkers but kind, loving and very, very funny. I love her.

neontetra Sun 22-Sep-13 19:49:53

Mine is nice too. She holds my hand when we are crossing a road. My own mom stopped doing this when I was, what, 28? I think it's adorable.

londonrach Sun 22-Sep-13 19:52:34

Passes hot cross some orange chocolate truffles also left by mil 2014 winner to go with wine and smiles at other stories but knows she has the best but curious to hear others.....although it take alot to take the crown...

I can't be the only MNetter who read your OP and could hear the parallel "My MIL is so intrusive" thread in her head. It's lovely that she has done all that for you and that you appreciate it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now