Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to call the police when i can hear the the girl upstairs getting abused by her oh

(101 Posts)
rosiedays Fri 20-Sep-13 10:39:06

I'm sitting here listening to the couple upstairs violently argue. She is screening stop hitting me he is screaming language to horrible to repeaf and their big dog is going nuts.
I've just call the police
Did i do right thing or should i have left well alon

rosiedays Fri 20-Sep-13 11:15:53

Police have been. I've got her in my flat giving her a cup of tea and some mn style advice.

Glad she's safe now smile

BoreOfWhabylon Fri 20-Sep-13 11:17:59

Well done Rosie. Very well done.

WorraLiberty Fri 20-Sep-13 11:20:21

I'm surprised you're even asking

Hope she's ok

Rosie, so glad you didn't ignore, like so many people would. You may have saved her life. It's great that mumsnet can arm us with all the information (and wisdom) she'll need, which I'm sure you're imparting right now!

mrsjay Fri 20-Sep-13 11:20:32

yes you did the right thing you did a great thing infact I hope you are ok hearing that is horrible,

peachmint Fri 20-Sep-13 11:20:37

Well done for helping her - you did the right thing.

mrsjay Fri 20-Sep-13 11:21:12

oh well done I hope she is ok,

piratecat Fri 20-Sep-13 11:24:07

you did right. i did this once and it worked out ok, in that the man was made to leave and the lady ended up making a new life. It was a bit scary 'getting involved' as i was scared of comeback from him.

Yet he was beating her and i had to do it. i hope you are ok, and that she is too.x

DameDeepRedBetty Fri 20-Sep-13 11:24:38

rosie you are an official star! Hope you've been able to help her take steps in moving forward from this.

If someone like you had rung when it was my DM going through this 20 odd years ago then she'd have had the jolt she needed to leave. Well done.

spokeswoman Fri 20-Sep-13 11:30:44

Well done,hope she is ok.
I wish someone had phoned the police when my ex was beeting me up.

Well done
You should never leave well alone.

mrsjay Fri 20-Sep-13 11:31:20

and mine theOrchardKeeper how neighbours didn't here is beyond me I guess folk turned a blind eye back then,

mrsjay Fri 20-Sep-13 11:31:30

hear*

ToffeeWhirl Fri 20-Sep-13 11:32:37

Well done, rosie. Absolutely the right thing to do.

FreudiansSlipper Fri 20-Sep-13 11:36:36

yes you absolutely did do the right thing

sadly it may not stop her going back to him but it might help her make the steps to move on lets hope

Lweji Fri 20-Sep-13 11:44:08

You are great.

Poor girl. sad

I hope she manages to get rid of him.

Have the police taken him away, or is he still there?

rosiedays Fri 20-Sep-13 11:48:49

Thanks lovely ladies.
I new it was the right thing to do. It has at least stopped him hurting her more today. She is bumped and bruised and horribly accepting of the situation.

AgathaF Fri 20-Sep-13 11:59:49

Can you make sure she knows about Women's Aid?

Oh god, do you think she'll go back to him? sad

well done you. smile

elcranko Fri 20-Sep-13 12:03:20

You definitely did the right thing. Well done you.

allforoneandoneforall Fri 20-Sep-13 12:06:41
caramelwaffle Fri 20-Sep-13 12:07:01

Excellent point Agatha.

You did the right thing.

Sometimes I call the police. Sometimes the other neighbours call the police (Ongoing situation)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now