AIBU to not understand why bald men have beards?

(13 Posts)

My DH is bald with a beard. He looks wrong when smooth shaven, the beard is manly

DisgraceToTheYChromosome Fri 20-Sep-13 06:55:52

A currently bald,formerly bearded bloke writes: I had a beard until it got bigger than my head hair.
Not good.

The hair follicles aren't lost, they've migrated to my nostrils.

DropYourSword Fri 20-Sep-13 06:41:49

Because the hair follicles get lost. And as men they WON'T ask for directions

prays you don't know a women with a beard

Fuzzysnout Fri 20-Sep-13 06:39:54

If they didn't, "guess who" would not be such a good boardgame.

bumpertobumper Fri 20-Sep-13 00:14:23

men with higher testosterone tend to go bald, but also have hairier bodies.

OldLadyKnowsNothing Fri 20-Sep-13 00:06:18

Ha, ha, Yourebeing, x posted. Dh was black haired in his youth, really, really glossy. And red facial hair. He's greying a bit now, in both departments. Both of our ds have mousey hair and red facial hair.

OldLadyKnowsNothing Fri 20-Sep-13 00:03:59

Other primates also go bald as they age.

YoureBeingADick Fri 20-Sep-13 00:03:47

I would like to know why so many men with brown/black hair have ginger beards? why isn't it all the same colour?

thefirstmrsrochester Thu 19-Sep-13 23:59:46

DH is bald. No beard. However, on losing a fantasy football league thing at work, his forfeit was to grow a tash'. Was grim.
But yeah, why is it just the scalp which is affected?

EldritchCleavage Thu 19-Sep-13 23:50:25

They start with beard and hair, then the top hair falls out leaving only beard. But they like the beards and can't remember what their chins even look like, so stay bearded.

AlannaPartridge Thu 19-Sep-13 23:28:26

But going bald doesn't mean your pubes fall off too - so it must be connected with scalp follicles. But I don't know. Good question smile

AlannaPartridge Thu 19-Sep-13 23:27:21

Dunno.

But Mark Kermode is right - the moment a character appears in a film with a bald head & a beard/goatee he is guaranteed to be a baddie!

DrDance Thu 19-Sep-13 23:25:04

Is there a scientific reason for this?

Is it testosterone?

And why do people go bald?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now